+ Reply to Thread
Page 1376 of 1379 FirstFirst ... 376 876 1276 1326 1366 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 LastLast
Results 34,376 to 34,400 of 34462

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    2020 gets worse and worse. 3 deaths in the last 2 weeks of retirees where I used to work. My best friend's son who's been missing for 3 months was found dead - he was in his late 20s and we went to bat day together about 20 years ago. I can't imagine the pain my friend is going through...it was his only child. Then there's my 99 year-old dad who was doing well until this past September but is now failing fast...probably just a few weeks left, if that. I feel kind of numb right now....don't know how else to describe it.
    Damn, Bob, that's a lot to process. I'm so sorry, especially for your friend who lost his child. That is truly every parent's worst nightmare, and something that nobody should have to endure. Our children should bury us, never the other way around. Does he have grandkids?

I hope you're able to spend a lot of quality time with your dad. Is he nearing the century mark?
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Damn, Bob, that's a lot to process. I'm so sorry, especially for your friend who lost his child. That is truly every parent's worst nightmare, and something that nobody should have to endure. Our children should bury us, never the other way around. Does he have grandkids?

I hope you're able to spend a lot of quality time with your dad. Is he nearing the century mark?
    My friend does not have grandkids but has a large extended family on both sides, plus a lot of good friends, so he has a good support network.

Dadís birthday is in June, so he wonít make it to 100. Iíve been his primary caregiver for the past 2.5 years, with lots of help from my siblings and nieces. Mom is worn out, but sheís still a spry 95. Sheíll be okay.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Sorry to hear all of that, Bub. Stay strong.

Ownership of my son's restaurant called him last week and pointed out that the restaurant wasn't making any money. He observed that at 50% capacity NO restaurants were making money....they were simply trying to survive. Their solution? Back off the fine dining experience they were offering, and go with a simpler menu, one that only required a cook, and not a chef. He had run the restaurant for the last year, through Covid and the sickness and death of the owner. The owner's son simply looked at the cash flow, and sacked the highest paid employee....the chef/general manager. No notice. No severance. No opportunity to rebrand the restaurant. It's not a good time for a chef to be unemployed. Colorado is now at 25% capacity for restaurants, so no one is hiring. If anything, they're all laying off their staff.

None of that compares to deaths in or near your family, but it does contribute to how badly 2020 sucks.
    Restaurants/small businesses are really getting hit hard. My middle child was laid off from her teaching position and is collecting unemployment while tutoring on the side. She and your son will eventually bounce back but it might be up to a year. So many arenít coming back though...itís so sad.
    Let the kids play.

2020 gets worse and worse. 3 deaths in the last 2 weeks of retirees where I used to work. My best friend's son who's been missing for 3 months was found dead - he was in his late 20s and we went to bat day together about 20 years ago. I can't imagine the pain my friend is going through...it was his only child. Then there's my 99 year-old dad who was doing well until this past September but is now failing fast...probably just a few weeks left, if that. I feel kind of numb right now....don't know how else to describe it.
    Wow, thatís a lot to process. Iím sorry you, and those you know, are going through all of this. I donít know what else to say, but Iím sorry. Thatís just horrible. Be well, brother.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Is there anything to do for that beyond pickling yourself in Scotch?
    We have a Face Time Whiskey club from 4:00 - 6:00......keeps everyone in the loop.......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Our golf group just lost one of our own due to COVID last Friday.......I guess we’ve been lucky in Canada.......we’ve managed pretty well thus far.....2nd wave began three weeks ago do to Thanksgiving Oct.12th.......

Sorry for your losses......Le Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Our golf group just lost one of our own due to COVID last Friday.......I guess weíve been lucky in Canada.......weíve managed pretty well thus far.....2nd wave began three weeks ago do to Thanksgiving Oct.12th.......

Sorry for your losses......Le Sigh
    I'm so sorry about your friend, Jake. Stay safe, OK? You're safe up there than we are here, but you never know.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

NYYF Legend

I'm so sorry about your friend, Jake. Stay safe, OK? You're safe up there than we are here, but you never know.
    From the beginning Prime Minister Trudeau was able to bring all 7 parties together and put the politics behind them and work together as a Nation........we never made or used COVID-19 as a political stunt.......this second wave came as expected and we might be shutting down for 28 days later this week to get it back to mid-summer lows ..........

NYYF Legend

Good morning Sinners!........freakíen cold this morning........

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

My grandma and my aunt (who has lymphoma) both tested positive for covid this week. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    My grandma and my aunt (who has lymphoma) both tested positive for covid this week. Ugh.
    Ugh I'm sorry. Fingers crossed.

I hope they recover quickly, Linda. <3

This is so exhausting. I can't wait for things to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Ditto.

Thanks friends. I hope so too. This year has been trasssssshhhhhh.

NYYF Legend

With running out of things to do....Outdoor Christmas decor is done, tree is up,house is in Christmas mode......but Iím refusing Christmas music till the 1st......weíre in day 15 of our shut down......bars and restaurants and gatherings of 10 or more are still in effect......Covid19 is down 35% since the lockdown....13 days to go......

NYYF Legend

Our golfing friendís funeral is today......he was an undercover cop during the 80s and survived in the Hells Angel organization for 9 years and he dies of Covid19..........private today but we will celebrate on line at whiskey club......

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Our golfing friendís funeral is today......he was an undercover cop during the 80s and survived in the Hells Angel organization for 9 years and he dies of Covid19..........private today but we will celebrate on line at whiskey club......
    Sorry to hear about your friend, Jacques. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    You ain't lying. Between four years of Drumpf, this pandemic, economic crisis, and climate change, I'm just done. Any one of these things would ramp up my anxiety, but all four? Stick a fork in me. It's so emotionally overwhelming. And I know I'm far from the only one.

You ain't lying. Between four years of Drumpf, this pandemic, economic crisis, and climate change, I'm just done.
    You forgot to add "and the Yankees lost to the Rays in the playoffs."

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

So another part-time worker/college student at my work has tested positive for Covid. It's just a matter of time until I get it.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    You forgot to add "and the Yankees lost to the Rays in the playoffs."
    That sucks, but honestly it barely even registered with me this year. I'm a bad fan these days.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    So another part-time worker/college student at my work has tested positive for Covid. It's just a matter of time until I get it.
    You're not allowed. I forbid it.

Iím getting emails left and right for covid crisis contracts and Iím just gahhhhhh. Montana, Texas and Az so far all emailed for covid rn positions. If everyone could just chill, thatíd be great. Lol

Iím getting emails left and right for covid crisis contracts and Iím just gahhhhhh. Montana, Texas and Az so far all emailed for covid rn positions. If everyone could just chill, thatíd be great. Lol
    I hear Montana is lovely in December.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I hear Montana is lovely in December.
    I'd go.

Thread Information