+ Reply to Thread
Page 1286 of 1288 FirstFirst ... 286 786 1186 1236 1276 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 LastLast
Results 32,126 to 32,150 of 32190

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I've been allowed to work from home without issue many times previously, but now that I have a serious illness it's become a huge issue. Funny that.
    Sigh.

NYYF Legend

Tomorrow we head to the big City up north of here to see To Kill a Mockingbird on Broadway.

Looking forward to it.
    Just win!

Why would anyone want to kill a mockingbird? Theyíre nice looking and make really cool sounds.
    Let the kids play.

Anybody seen Jake lately ?
    Let the kids play.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Anybody seen Jake lately ?
    I do on Facebook. Busy with work
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

Why would anyone want to kill a mockingbird? Theyíre nice looking and make really cool sounds.
    Some people just donít like being mocked.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Tomorrow we head to the big City up north of here to see To Kill a Mockingbird on Broadway.

Looking forward to it.
    Sounds amazing! Have fun!

It's been a isht day for me. I found out that a 25 year old girl I know died from a heroin overdose.

Obviously she had her problems but she was a beautiful person and that's how I'll remember her. Such a damn waste.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Hope is eternal

Got confirmation the mole on my nose was/is cancer. Have to go to a Mohís surgeon to have more removed to determine if it spread. If clean I go home. If the edges are clear I go home. However if the edges show cancer they will go back in and remove more.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    It's been a isht day for me. I found out that a 25 year old girl I know died from a heroin overdose.

Obviously she had her problems but she was a beautiful person and that's how I'll remember her. Such a damn waste.
    I lost a cousin to that in 2011, daughter of a close friend (she and my friend tested to be a donor for me) is 30 months clean from that and my Goddaughter is 4 years clean. I am sorry your friend lost her battle. My condolences.

I'm so sorry, muggs. Addiction is such an ugly disease.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Got confirmation the mole on my nose was/is cancer. Have to go to a Mohís surgeon to have more removed to determine if it spread. If clean I go home. If the edges are clear I go home. However if the edges show cancer they will go back in and remove more.
    I'm glad you're getting good care!

NYYF Legend

Terrible. Sorry to hear that Tom.
    Just win!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post

Looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Sounds amazing! Have fun!
    A tremendous play. Very well done. Kind of sad some of the theme still rings true today.
    Just win!

I went to a funeral in the pouring rain today for someone who should still be alive. I'm mad. I'm angry. I'm brokenhearted. I'm numb. Mostly though I'm just sad.

Anyway if you want to read her obit. Don't judge her by her addiction. That's not who she was.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ct...525&fhid=20383
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I need the diversion that this place gives me.

NYYF Legend

I went to a funeral in the pouring rain today for someone who should still be alive. I'm mad. I'm angry. I'm brokenhearted. I'm numb. Mostly though I'm just sad.

Anyway if you want to read her obit. Don't judge her by her addiction. That's not who she was.

My deepest sympathies, Tom. Addiction is horrific not just for the way it damages its victims, but also for the damages and pain inflicted on those who love them. I try to help people attempting to recover from addiction to alcohol and drugs, and I have seen too many young (and older) lives ended by both suicide and overdose. Our victories are rewarding but always potentially temporary, the failures are permanent and devastating.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    My deepest sympathies, Tom. Addiction is horrific not just for the way it damages its victims, but also for the damages and pain inflicted on those who love them. I try to help people attempting to recover from addiction to alcohol and drugs, and I have seen too many young (and older) lives ended by both suicide and overdose. Our victories are rewarding but always potentially temporary, the failures are permanent and devastating.
    You are a very very good man, Tim.

I think that the loss of young people from addiction has probably touched most of us here. Every day I read the obituaries and almost always see at least one very young person with no cause of death mentioned, which usually means suicide or addiction. I stopped today to visit some friends of mine who lost a son to addiction a couple of years ago. It's not something you can talk about because the pain lingers. I know that a lot of people are doing everything they can to help educate and prevent these pointless deaths, but the rest of us are helpless and can't do much more than donate to a worthy cause. I don't blame you for being mad, Tom.
    Let the kids play.

She sounds like a beautiful person, muggs. I'm so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    This is a beautiful post. Thanks for what you do. I have a loved one who is a recovering heroin addict. They're currently doing well, but there's a constant fear about what will happen if/when the next relapse occurs.

You are a very very good man, Tim.
    And you are a mensch among menschen. You know goodness when you see it. Iím so sorry for your loss and her pain.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Oh muggs Iím sorry

Me, exasperated, to the child fighting bedtime: Child, you are destroying my soul.

Her: Well, YOU'RE destroying my LIFE!

She's 4, y'all. The teenage years will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Me, exasperated, to the child fighting bedtime: Child, you are destroying my soul.

Her: Well, YOU'RE destroying my LIFE!

She's 4, y'all. The teenage years will be fun.
    Thing two started talking like that about the same age. She's 28 now and hasn't changed a bit. Good luck.
    Let the kids play.

Thing two started talking like that about the same age. She's 28 now and hasn't changed a bit. Good luck.
    I take it that she turned out ok, though?

This one is the sweetest, happiest, most helpful kiddo, but there's also a very strong feisty streak. I adore her.

My dad told the story of how my sister got upset about something when she was a little kid and ran out of the house announcing she was never coming back.

My dad followed her in his car and told her to get in it. She told him, "my daddy told me to never take rides from strangers..... and you are the strangest man I've ever met".

(I'm still feeling kind of blue)

Thread Information