+ Reply to Thread
Page 1320 of 1320 FirstFirst ... 320 820 1220 1270 1310 1317 1318 1319 1320
Results 32,976 to 32,996 of 32996

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

So earlier this week they finally finished the water main replacement on our street. My wife told me to buy pizza for guys. One fellow told me, "I've been doing this for 28 years and no one has ever bought pizza for us". I told him, "that's because in your 28 years you haven't crossed paths before now with my wife."
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    So earlier this week they finally finished the water main replacement on our street. My wife told me to buy pizza for guys. One fellow told me, "I've been doing this for 28 years and no one has ever bought pizza for us". I told him, "that's because in your 28 years you haven't crossed paths before now with my wife."
    That's great.
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    That's great.
    I think it's because she deals with clients and appreciates when they tip her, so she likes to return the favor. That and she has a kind heart.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

I think it's because she deals with clients and appreciates when they tip her, so she likes to return the favor. That and she has a kind heart.
    My mother in law was always like that. She'd invite workers in for lunch. She fed their mailman lunch every day every year for years. She brings cola and fresh baked cookies to the guys mowing her lawn.

It's just really nice. I'm glad you got your haircut at that place.
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    My mother in law was always like that. She'd invite workers in for lunch. She fed their mailman lunch every day every year for years. She brings cola and fresh baked cookies to the guys mowing her lawn.

It's just really nice. I'm glad you got your haircut at that place.
    Everything you ever said about your wife's mom describes her as wonderful person to be treasured. She sounds like one awesome human being.

And as for getting my hair cut at the place, it's funny how life works out.

Nice gesture! You can never go wrong with pizza. In your lifetime, how many people have you met that didnít like pizza?
    Let the kids play.

Hope is eternal

When I was undergoing dialysis, I would stop at Pepeís Pizza in Danbury and bring 4-5 large pies for the nurses. They often worked 12-14 hour days with little time for lunch or dinner (and they were keeping me alive) so the least I could do
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Nice gesture! You can never go wrong with pizza. In your lifetime, how many people have you met that didnít like pizza?
    I work with a guy who is lactose intolerant. He scrapes the cheese off the pizza before eating it.

NYYF Legend

I loathed pizza as a kid.

I was a dumb kid.

I work with a guy who is lactose intolerant. He scrapes the cheese off the pizza before eating it.
    There’s an Italian restaurant in Schenectady that sells a pizza with no cheese on it, and it’s delicious!

A long time ago, a good friend of mine said that even bad pizza is good pizza. There’s some truth to that, especially if you’re really hungry.
    Let the kids play.

Thereís an Italian restaurant in Schenectady that sells a pizza with no cheese on it, and itís delicious!

A long time ago, a good friend of mine said that even bad pizza is good pizza. Thereís some truth to that, especially if youíre really hungry.
    If you're 10 years old then crap pizza is still good pizza. But as an adult - crap pizza is crap pizza. I know better.

NYYF Legend

If you're 10 years old then crap pizza is still good pizza. But as an adult - crap pizza is crap pizza. I know better.
    But is it good enough to eat? If you are stuck in someplace that can't do pizza (I'm looking at you, Maine, and you, Florida West Coast) are you going to turn it down and get a ham sandwich?

I'll eat the pizza, hating every bite.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    But is it good enough to eat? If you are stuck in someplace that can't do pizza (I'm looking at you, Maine, and you, Florida West Coast) are you going to turn it down and get a ham sandwich?

No, I'll turn it down and get a turkey sandwich. Add lettuce, tomato, swiss cheese, pickles and honey mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post

I was a dumb kid.
    What was wrong with you?

Snob.

Pizza is still one of my favorite meals.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    What was wrong with you?
    When I was a kid? Lots of things, but in this case I hated cheese in general until I was like 13.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post

The pizza when I lived in central and northern Florida wasn't terrible, but it took some getting used to that I couldn't just go somewhere and get one slice.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Noobs are supposed to bring cookies to this thread. I don't think I've ever seen you here before.

Here ya go. Go crazy
    https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/variety-cookies-chocolate-on-white-background-349220051

Life is good. All is well and I continue to be blessed. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

How's the little one? Starting to be a terror yet?

Is that a..... racist joke?

Just kidding- yes quite the terror. Heís 16 months already and I just Donít understand how that happened so quickly.

Wow lots of cookie discussion here.

Bub- glad the mrs is doing okay!! And muggs, what a kind gesture by your wife. Sheís a good egg.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post

I was a dumb kid.
    Yes agreed.

If I have Done anything right as a parent thus far, itís that my son LOVES pizza. He has snatched slices out of my hand (instead of the pieces I ripped Apart for him haha) and eaten them with such ease. Any toppings, he is ready. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    Is that a..... racist joke?

Just kidding- yes quite the terror. Heís 16 months already and I just Donít understand how that happened so quickly.
    In Mugg's defense... Babies of all nationalities have explosive diapers.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Thread Information