+ Reply to Thread
Page 1226 of 1226 FirstFirst ... 226 726 1126 1176 1216 1223 1224 1225 1226
Results 30,626 to 30,631 of 30631

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

On Thursday morning I helped grade papers in my son's class. I love his principal but I'm unsure why he placed 3 girls named Addison (one with a 'y' instead of an 'i') in the same class. Thankfully their last initials are all different.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    On Thursday morning I helped grade papers in my son's class. I love his principal but I'm unsure why he placed 3 girls named Addison (one with a 'y' instead of an 'i') in the same class. Thankfully their last initials are all different.
    With 11 Addisons and 4 classes, he doesn’t have much choice.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I'll never have kids (a good thing for both sides of the equation) but it's odd that it's apparently popular to give your kid a name mostly knows as a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I'll never have kids (a good thing for both sides of the equation) but it's odd that it's apparently popular to give your kid a name mostly knows as a disease.
    Addison for girls, Crohn for boys. And a recent fad for kids named Lou Gehrig.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    With 11 Addisons and 4 classes, he doesn’t have much choice.
    Idk if there are more of them but it wouldn't surprise me. And yes, there are 4 second grade classes.

A friend of mine with a kid in the same grade but at a nearby school said her son's class had 3 Sophias last year. I thought that made more sense than Addison. I knew Sophia was a super popular name (I think #1 for girls) when my boy was born.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Addison is common enough that I didn't even think of that. And you'd be a great dad. <3

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Addison for girls, Crohn for boys. And a recent fad for kids named Lou Gehrig.
    I have yet to see a kid named Crohn but that is indeed horrible. Immediate thought is a really sh***y disease.
    "A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
    -- Declaration of Independence

We had 4 Zacks and 3 Josh's at the golf course. At first we gave everyone a number (like Z1, Z2, Z3, J1, etc) but eventually we started using last names or other nicknames. Except for Z4, he liked that nickname.

When I was a yute (feel free to insert your own age related insult) there always was at least one other Tom, and often more, in a class. Now you never see kids named Tom. I still think Thomas is a solid name. Parents are missing out.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information