+ Reply to Thread
Page 1182 of 1235 FirstFirst ... 182 682 1082 1132 1172 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1192 1232 ... LastLast
Results 29,526 to 29,550 of 30872

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Bad enough I despise snow. So tomorrow’s nor’easter they name Ferris (which is my last name for those that don’t know)
    That seems incredibly wrong. They could have named it something else - maybe Frederick.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That seems incredibly wrong. They could have named it something else - maybe Frederick.
    They did have a hurricane Frederick in the late 70’s that came close
    Trading insults is a waste of time. Persuade why someone should see your point.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Trying a new (cheaper) way to work this morning, but I have to drive through Trenton. Hopefully the traffic is worth it, but paying $9.30 in tolls every day is unsustainable. This way is $1 per day.
    Well that sucked.

Bad enough I despise snow. So tomorrow’s nor’easter they name Ferris (which is my last name for those that don’t know)
    Bueller
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

Naming winter storms is a gimmick that a local CT tv station has been doing forever and it's just plain silly because winter storms aren't given names by the national weather service. (and the weather channel has gotten into the act by naming winter storms with their version of names too. I think this one is Skylar)

sigh. As Michael Kay would say - no names, of course.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Naming winter storms is a gimmick that a local CT tv station has been doing forever and it's just plain silly because winter storms aren't given names by the national weather service. (and the weather channel has gotten into the act by naming winter storms with their version of names too. I think this one is Skylar)

I agree. Hurricanes are one thing.

You’re just mad because they didn’t name it fredgmuggs.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Well that sucked.

So which commute would you rather deal with?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    So which commute would you rather deal with?
    The expensive one is way less stressful, but it's hard to justify spending almost $200 a month on tolls if I don't have to.

We've had roofers working here around the snowstorm this week. I thought they were Polish but it turns out they're from Latvia. As a true American, I had to google to find Latvia on the map.

One roofer (the one who speaks English) thought I was 45 years old. He's my favorite roofer.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

We've had roofers working here around the snowstorm this week. I thought they were Polish but it turns out they're from Latvia. As a true American, I had to google to find Latvia on the map.

One roofer (the one who speaks English) thought I was 45 years old. He's my favorite roofer.
    Maybe it's the only number he knows. The only time of day my Italian ex-FIL could say was ten o'clock. Guess what he would say whenever someone would ask him the time in English?
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Maybe it's the only number he knows. The only time of day my Italian ex-FIL could say was ten o'clock. Guess what he would say whenever someone would ask him the time in English?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I thought they were Polish but it turns out they're from Latvia. As a true American, I had to google to find Latvia on the map.
    Dont feel to bad. I had never heard of the place until I started using a VPN located there.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    Dont feel to bad. I had never heard of the place until I started using a VPN located there.
    Really? We had a world map on my wall when I was a kid, and there they were: Estonian S.S.R, Latvian S.S.R., Lithuanian S.S.R.

Really? We had a world map on my wall when I was a kid, and there they were: Estonian S.S.R, Latvian S.S.R., Lithuanian S.S.R.
    I probably heard of it as a kid but my memory really sucks. At least it comes in handly when I want to rewatch movies and tv shows.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

To America!

Brilliant, JL. Nicely done.

Sadly my Latvians are all gone. I don't know about all Latvians, but man those guys sure loved to smoke cigarettes. I never saw one of them without half a cigarette butt sticking out the corner of their mouth.

To America!

Brilliant, JL. Nicely done.
    My favorite movie. It's always a good time to fight Nazis.
    I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.

--Audre Lorde

I took off this week for my big kid's spring break. My birthday is this Wednesday. I'm accepting gifts.

--Audre Lorde

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    I took off this week for my big kid's spring break. My birthday is this Wednesday. I'm accepting gifts.
    Just got you a year supply of raisins

Just got you a year supply of raisins
    Better than onions.

--Audre Lorde

Winter is hanging on here...sunny but brutally cold. Wildlife is awake though...skunk and opossum are out front every evening picking up dropped bird seed from the feeders. Wild turkey population is very high; they're all over the place.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Perhaps a raccoon hat?
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

My skunk came out last week......been feeding it as of late due to Spring not showing up.........Windchill of -25 on the lake............

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Winter is hanging on here...sunny but brutally cold. Wildlife is awake though...skunk and opossum are out front every evening picking up dropped bird seed from the feeders. Wild turkey population is very high; they're all over the place.
    Looks like the coming days are going to be nice.........just get by today.....

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Thread Information