+ Reply to Thread
Page 1294 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 294 794 1194 1244 1284 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 LastLast
Results 32,326 to 32,350 of 32403
    NYYF Legend

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Thanks all. He's at UPenn so at least he's getting top of the line care.
    Good to hear. Hopes for the best sir.
    In "Kids in the Hall" I trust

We either get just a handful or they come nonstop, nothing in between. I haven't been able to find a pattern that causes it.
    We get a lot, but our neighborhood has lots of kiddos.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    We get a lot, but our neighborhood has lots of kiddos.
    We have some younger families with kids on my street (finally) but they seem to do other things than to go trick or treating in our neighborhood. I used to look forward to seeing my next door neighbor's grandkids but now that her house is abandoned while they repair the fire damage I don't expect to see them this year.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

My dad's in the hospital and his health has reached a point where he's either going to get better and maybe someday get a transplant, or he's not and he's not leaving the hospital. I'm not ready to lose him.
    We're all pulling for him. Treasure every minute you have with him.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

In a rare bit of good news, my boss called me into the office to tell me that they're giving me a merit raise that I didn't even ask for, and I'm not even due for my annual evaluation until January. It works out to about a 13% raise, so no complaints here.

NYYF Legend

In a rare bit of good news, my boss called me into the office to tell me that they're giving me a merit raise that I didn't even ask for, and I'm not even due for my annual evaluation until January. It works out to about a 13% raise, so no complaints here.
    That's a heck of a big percentage these days. You must be impressing them there.

Nice going.

That's a big raise! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    We have some younger families with kids on my street (finally) but they seem to do other things than to go trick or treating in our neighborhood. I used to look forward to seeing my next door neighbor's grandkids but now that her house is abandoned while they repair the fire damage I don't expect to see them this year.
    That stinks.

We had another good turnout tonight, according to my husband. Slightly down from last year but still a decent number. I was schlepping the kids around the 'hood, but it seemed pretty busy. This year my kids were The Joker and Queen Elsa. They made out like bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    That stinks.

We had another good turnout tonight, according to my husband. Slightly down from last year but still a decent number. I was schlepping the kids around the 'hood, but it seemed pretty busy. This year my kids were The Joker and Queen Elsa. They made out like bandits.
    We had about a dozen. Sarah and Chloe dressed Clemence up as a grandmother with big glasses on a chain, oversized front buttoning sweater. It was adorable.

My granddaughter was a kangaroo and her puppy was her baby kangaroo.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

most excellent

That's a huge raise. Good for you.

Was driving on a local but well traveled road this past weekend, and going by me in the opposite direction was a Batmobile. I've never seen one in person, and I assume there are a few replicas out there, but who drives a Batmobile anyway? That was totally weird...but also pretty cool to see.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Who drives a Batmobile anyway?
    Batman

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Batman
    Batman's got to be 110 years old by now. He shouldnít be driving anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Batman's got to be 110 years old by now. He shouldn’t be driving anything.
    Adam West died a couple years ago (88 years old). All the other Batman actors are impostors.

Adam West died a couple years ago (88 years old). All the other Batman actors are impostors.
    What do you mean, actors? Iím talking about Batman.

What do you mean, actors? Iím talking about Batman.
    There's no such thing as Batman. Bat Boy, now that's completely different and very real.

There's no such thing as Batman. Bat Boy, now that's completely different and very real.
    Who do you think Bat Boy's father was?

NYYF Legend

Who do you think Bat Boy's father was?
    Pete Sheehy?

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Pete Sheehy?
    Well done!

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    That's a huge raise. Good for you.
    Son-o'-Maynerd is a chef, currently the Sous Chef at a fine dining steakhouse. The owner also owns a second, slightly smaller, restaurant. Anyway, the owner calls the kid in on his day off to discuss taking over as Head Chef at the other restaurant. This, of course, has been my son's goal for the 8-10 years he's been in the industry.

The boy goes into the meeting well-prepared. He was going to try to get $XX as a salary, and enough creative control to start tweaking the menu maybe after the first of the year.

Before my son could say a word, the owner leads with "I'm going to pay you $YY to start (about 20% more than $XX), and let's meet after two weeks to go over menu changes you'd like to do."

Kid looks at his notes, looks back at his boss, then back to his notes.....closes his notebook and says "Okay. Great."

- President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Son-o'-Maynerd is a chef, currently the Sous Chef at a fine dining steakhouse. The owner also owns a second, slightly smaller, restaurant. Anyway, the owner calls the kid in on his day off to discuss taking over as Head Chef at the other restaurant. This, of course, has been my son's goal for the 8-10 years he's been in the industry.

The boy goes into the meeting well-prepared. He was going to try to get $XX as a salary, and enough creative control to start tweaking the menu maybe after the first of the year.

Before my son could say a word, the owner leads with "I'm going to pay you $YY to start (about 20% more than $XX), and let's meet after two weeks to go over menu changes you'd like to do."

Kid looks at his notes, looks back at his boss, then back to his notes.....closes his notebook and says "Okay. Great."
    Congratulations, Maynerd, on your son's success. Also on the free steaks for you and Mrs. Maynerd.

Congratulations, Maynerd, on your son's success. Also on the free steaks for you and Mrs. Maynerd.
    He's worked pretty hard to get this recognition. Sous Chef is a giant step ahead of line cook, but Head Chef is several orders of magnitude above Sous Chef.

As for free steaks, the owner generally picks up either my bar tab or the desserts, but he's very comfortable allowing me to pay for the steaks. We'll have to see how that translates at the new place. [I have no issues with them picking up my bar tab. A pre-dinner cocktail and a bottle of wine can get a little pricey.]

- President Barack Obama

Hope is eternal

Congrats! Friend of mine just opened a restaurant in Orlando about a year ago. Not an easy line of work to put it mildly. Going down tomorrow. Best of luck to your son!
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

What a great story! Hope we can remember to put that restaurant on the schedule when we visit in 2 years.
    Let the kids play.

Thread Information