+ Reply to Thread
Page 1302 of 1307 FirstFirst ... 302 802 1202 1252 1292 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 ... LastLast
Results 32,526 to 32,550 of 32660

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Last night they said four inches here. Now they say seven.

Some might say that seven inches is better than four.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Some might say that seven inches is better than four.
    Many people have said Donald Trump has beautiful hands
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Many people have said Donald Trump has beautiful hands

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Forecast here was 8 to 12 inches. I just cleared 14 and more is coming late today and overnight. I'd say the prediction staff are a bit short.
    Updated forecast is 18-26. Local meteorologists are saying they nailed this one. Sheesh.
    Let the kids play.

Haven't had to touch my driveway. They keep saying there will be snow but I haven't seen any that has stuck to pavement yet.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

We got four feet of snow this past week. Tomorrow, we’re getting rain. Last time this happened... people’s houses flooded. I’m praying for as little rain as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    We got four feet of snow this past week. Tomorrow, we’re getting rain. Last time this happened... people’s houses flooded. I’m praying for as little rain as possible.
    Flooded basements due to groundwater is usually not covered under homeowners policies. $10,000 in damage is not uncommon.

Got another 4 inches overnight here, so call it 18-22....hard to tell exactly because the wind on this hill pushes it all over. That was some of the heaviest snow I've ever had to move.
    Let the kids play.

Flooded basements due to groundwater is usually not covered under homeowners policies. $10,000 in damage is not uncommon.

Got another 4 inches overnight here, so call it 18-22....hard to tell exactly because the wind on this hill pushes it all over. That was some of the heaviest snow I've ever had to move.
    we got an inch and that's being liberal with the measurement.... and yet schools are either delayed or closed around here. Where am I, Georgia?

I took a shop push broom and cleaned the driveway off. Maybe I should have closed today instead?

we got an inch and that's being liberal with the measurement.... and yet schools are either delayed or closed around here. Where am I, Georgia?
    Local schools here have already had to take 3 snow days, and they only plan for 5. It's not going to be pretty when they have to add days to the school calendar in June.
    Let the kids play.

Local schools here have already had to take 3 snow days, and they only plan for 5. It's not going to be pretty when they have to add days to the school calendar in June.
    My town had delays for yesterday and today which is the right call but neighboring towns were closed yesterday and again today.

It was a bit icy early yesterday morning and even though it turned out not to be a treacherous road day, given the forecast I can understand the closings. But there's no reason for a closure today unless their public works department is completely incompetent. Upstate yeah, they got more snow but not around here.

NYYF Legend

Schools around here don't build in any snow days, which is dumb. They end up going longer in June, but because of teacher contracts they can't go past June 30, so in bad years they end up taking days away from spring break.

No snow days built in here, either. I know you're shocked.

No snow days built in here, either. I know you're shocked.
    How about for sand storms?

NYYF Legend

How about for sand storms?
    Haboob days!

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Haboob days!
    You're a haboob.

NYYF Legend

You're a haboob.
    I've been called worse

NYYF Legend

I took a day off today to help watch over my two granddaughters. My wife took her 100 year old mom and an elderly priest to a local Nursing Home to provide Mass for the inmates. I believe her mom is older than all the residents. They do this monthly. One of the many nice things my wife does. Anyway I had the kids for about 4 hours.

I'm tired. Watching a 2 and a half year old and a 3 month old is not easy for my old self.

We then braved the cold and throngs of kids going to see the Devil Company's latest cartoon at the local MultiMoviePlex.

Saw that Knives Out movie. Eh. A bit better than ok. Not a solid good. It would have been a fine couple of hours on TV.

However, I spent the whole movie recalling Corazon quotes. I don't want to die.

One of the lead characters in the movie also played the I don't want to die lady.

Soon I will be asleep.
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

I do less present wrapping and more gift cards and money than I used to years ago. Now I'm finding a new way to save present wrapping time....just put the wrapping paper over the box it came with in the mail. Why should I unbox the gift only to take out the paperwork/invoice and put it in another box? I assume that what's in the box is exactly what I ordered. If not I'll fix it later.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I took a day off today to help watch over my two granddaughters. My wife took her 100 year old mom and an elderly priest to a local Nursing Home to provide Mass for the inmates. I believe her mom is older than all the residents. They do this monthly. One of the many nice things my wife does. Anyway I had the kids for about 4 hours.

I'm tired. Watching a 2 and a half year old and a 3 month old is not easy for my old self.

We then braved the cold and throngs of kids going to see the Devil Company's latest cartoon at the local MultiMoviePlex.

Saw that Knives Out movie. Eh. A bit better than ok. Not a solid good. It would have been a fine couple of hours on TV.

However, I spent the whole movie recalling Corazon quotes. I don't want to die.

One of the lead characters in the movie also played the I don't want to die lady.

Soon I will be asleep.
    I've had Clemence duty today and shortly we will be heading over to the New Haven Green to meet mom and Sarah for the tree lighting. Stroller, snacks, diaper bag, stuffed animals, get her bundled up. Check. I can't take all this responsibility.

I've had Clemence duty today and shortly we will be heading over to the New Haven Green to meet mom and Sarah for the tree lighting. Stroller, snacks, diaper bag, stuffed animals, get her bundled up. Check. I can't take all this responsibility.
    You're a good human. Make sure she's not wearing a thick coat in the car seat. It's not safe.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...at/1078184001/

You're a good human. Make sure she's not wearing a thick coat in the car seat. It's not safe.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...at/1078184001/
    Car seat? I just let her crawl around in the back. It was good enough for me back in my day.

For all the grief our Yalies give New Haven, the area around the Green and Yale are really nice, and the city does a wonderful job with the tree lighting. Happy Yuletide!

Car seat? I just let her crawl around in the back. It was good enough for me back in my day.
    We used to lay down in the back of the station wagon with our feet hanging out the window. A driver can probably get arrested for that now.
    Let the kids play.

We used to lay down in the back of the station wagon with our feet hanging out the window. A driver can probably get arrested for that now.
    I remember sitting on my mother's lap in the front seat.

Thread Information