+ Reply to Thread
Page 1163 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 163 663 1063 1113 1153 1160 1161 1162 1163
Results 29,051 to 29,068 of 29068
    NYYF Legend

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I'm no financial wiz, but I would guess they then get you for a second annual fee.

I'd get a second credit card from a different bank if I were you. (That may not be good advice, it's just what I would do).
    That reason makes sense. I recently got a second credit card from another bank with better rates. I'm now using the first card as my "oh crap my car just died" card.

NYYF Legend

I thought I would just drop in and tell you all that my house burned the other day. We'll be out for 4 to 6 months.

Merry Christmas!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    I thought I would just drop in and tell you all that my house burned the other day. We'll be out for 4 to 6 months.

Merry Christmas!!
    Oh my god.

Trish.... Damn.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Merry Christmas!!
    I'm sorry Trish. Let me know if you need anything.

Trish. My God.

What can I do to help you?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Merry Christmas!!
    That is beyond awful. I'm so sorry!

Merry Christmas!!
    Oh, Trish. Thatís just awful. Is everyone OK? Where are you staying?

If Trish is posting any information on FB please pass it on here. I hope nobody was injured.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    If Trish is posting any information on FB please pass it on here. I hope nobody was injured.
    She made a Facebook post about it on Friday, nothing since then. She did say nobody was hurt thankfully.

NYYF Legend

Sorry to post and run. The last 5 days have been a blur. Everyone is physically ok but this is a stressful nightmare. We are in a Marriot residence inn that's comfortable enough but I'm not sure how long we'll be here or if they are going to want us to find a rental. We have a public adjuster working for us, thank God. He's taken a great deal of the burden off me. My husband is not physically or mentally available for me. If we didn't have the animals and Jack to deal with, it wouldn't be so hard . But this is HARD. I've already spent a couple thousand dollars just on everyday stuff we need to live our lives. I'll get it back in the end but I'm not even close to having everything we need.

My boss has been great, and you really find out who your friends are and who your family members who count are.

Calgon, take me away.

I think going with a public adjuster is a good decision in this horrible ordeal. Hugs, Trish.

And if you need anything just ask us. I'm sure we all want to help.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Trish...I take it that the house isn't a total loss. How extensive is the damage? If you have any questions regarding the public adjuster or dealing with insurance send me a PM. I have a lot of experience in this area when it comes to fire restoration.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Trish...I take it that the house isn't a total loss. How extensive is the damage? If you have any questions regarding the public adjuster or dealing with insurance send me a PM. I have a lot of experience in this area when it comes to fire restoration.
    No it didn't burn to the ground. Kitchen, bathroom, my bedroom, hallway and living room all will be total guts. The other two bedrooms and the basement are just heavy clean and paint when it's all over. The attic will need all new insulation and flooring, so far.

NYYF Legend

I'm so sorry to read about your house Trish. What a nightmare. Thank heavens nobody was injured.

No it didn't burn to the ground. Kitchen, bathroom, my bedroom, hallway and living room all will be total guts. The other two bedrooms and the basement are just heavy clean and paint when it's all over. The attic will need all new insulation and flooring, so far.
    How is Jack doing?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Do you have a restoration company in there? Lots of drying to do, plus air purifying while the reconstruction is going on.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Do you have a restoration company in there? Lots of drying to do, plus air purifying while the reconstruction is going on.
    Yes we do. There's no drying needed, but lots of air purification will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CptCrunch View Post
    I'm so sorry to read about your house Trish. What a nightmare. Thank heavens nobody was injured.
    Thanks. Yes there are silver linings and I'm trying to keep that in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    How is Jack doing?
    Jack is doing fine. He doesn't seem to be too terribly affected, at least that anyone can tell. He has a great support system.

NYYF Legend

I got an email from my former employer that we will not be receiving tomorrow's pay check, the final one, by direct deposit but rather a live check that they're mailing out "today" (insert jerk off motion here). I signed a letter the day I was laid off that I would be paid out my last check including PTO by direct deposit on 12/15. Meanwhile my credit card is due tomorrow, and I'm supposed to be going away for my anniversary on Sunday. Bastards.

Thread Information