+ Reply to Thread
Page 1288 of 1288 FirstFirst ... 288 788 1188 1238 1278 1285 1286 1287 1288
Results 32,176 to 32,190 of 32190
  1. #32176
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Kudo to you for picking that up.
    Thank.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  2. #32177

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Kudo to you for picking that up.
    Dork.

  3. #32178

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    So, I'm a grandfather of 2 now. Two granddaughters.

    All are fine.
    Congratulations John! What are they going to call you?
    Ask me about my groin pull.

  4. #32179
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    Congratulations John! What are they going to call you?
    Grandpa
    Just win!

  5. #32180
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    My privately owned employer just got bought out by a publicly traded company. I can't think of any situation where that ends well for labor.

  6. #32181

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    My privately owned employer just got bought out by a publicly traded company. I can't think of any situation where that ends well for labor.
    Screw capitalism.

  7. #32182
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    My privately owned employer just got bought out by a publicly traded company. I can't think of any situation where that ends well for labor.
    Maybe thereís a union involved, or the chance to organize. Thatís the best I got.

  8. #32183
    Get Off My Lawn. Maynerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    My privately owned employer just got bought out by a publicly traded company. I can't think of any situation where that ends well for labor.
    Many years ago, I worked for a small, but publicly traded company. It got bought out by one of its customers, and taken entirely private. I was released (with no notice and no severance) just before the sale closed. Why? I had been given some stock options as a signing bonus, and they would vest immediately when the stock was bought out, which would have netted me about $100K after just ten months in the industry.

    So.....reverse scenario....public company being taken private, and it didn't turn out well for management.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

  9. #32184
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Maybe thereís a union involved, or the chance to organize. Thatís the best I got.
    No union and I'm working in a not so union friendly right to work state, so I don't foresee that happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Many years ago, I worked for a small, but publicly traded company. It got bought out by one of its customers, and taken entirely private. I was released (with no notice and no severance) just before the sale closed. Why? I had been given some stock options as a signing bonus, and they would vest immediately when the stock was bought out, which would have netted me about $100K after just ten months in the industry.

    So.....reverse scenario....public company being taken private, and it didn't turn out well for management.
    Oof, I'm sorry.

    On the bright side, we've been promised a nicer, larger, state of the art office.

  10. #32185
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    One monster storm after another here this month.
    Let the kids play.

  11. #32186

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    One monster storm after another here this month.
    Monday afternoon we had 3 trees hit by lightning at work. We were all out aerifying and barely made back to the shop in time. That wasn't a storm you wanted to be caught in.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  12. #32187
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Monday afternoon we had 3 trees hit by lightning at work. We were all out aerifying and barely made back to the shop in time. That wasn't a storm you wanted to be caught in.
    Sound like a Lee Trevino Special.
    Just win!

  13. #32188
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Monday afternoon we had 3 trees hit by lightning at work. We were all out aerifying and barely made back to the shop in time. That wasn't a storm you wanted to be caught in.
    "Aerifying" sounds like a vogue term for breathing, in the same way that drinking water is now "hydrating."

  14. #32189

    :Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    I got in my car after work and the car thermometer said 116į.

    Stick a fork in me.

  15. #32190
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Monday afternoon we had 3 trees hit by lightning at work. We were all out aerifying and barely made back to the shop in time. That wasn't a storm you wanted to be caught in.
    Hope youíre getting hazard pay.
    Let the kids play.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts