+ Reply to Thread
Page 1369 of 1377 FirstFirst ... 369 869 1269 1319 1359 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 ... LastLast
Results 34,201 to 34,225 of 34421

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    My pulmonologist warned me the senior shots are in short supply and I should get mine early. My Costco is now out of the senior vaccines.

So any old farts out there should get theirs soonest.
    I called this morning to see if my pharmacy had them, and if the kids could get them there, too. In the past I had to take the kids to their doctor, because the pharmacy said they started at a certain age. This year they'll give them a young as 3, though, so we went and got them together. My poor boy was super tired this evening and crashed early, so I think it affected him a bit. All of us have sore arms. Their ped's office is quite a drive, so I'm grateful we didn't have to go as far this year. And I got gas points for using my pharmacy.

I also was told that the senior shots were out of stock, but thankfully I'm not quite there.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

My mom has been sick for over a week. Her COVID test came back negative but her doctor won't clear her to return until Tuesday because she suspects it was a false negative. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    My mom has been sick for over a week. Her COVID test came back negative but her doctor won't clear her to return until Tuesday because she suspects it was a false negative. Sigh.
    Damn. I'm sorry, Ryan. I hope she's on the mend soon.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Oh man. Sorry love. Hopefully she feels better soon!

NYYF Legend

Is that Trump guy still around?

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Is that Trump guy still around?
    Not for much longer. How's everything with you?
    Let the kids play.

I see the Yankees season has ended.... which never began for me. 2020 can't come to an end soon enough
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

My golf gig ends with my 5 year contract this Friday......new owners and they want to negotiate a new contract......want to call it quits at 65 so 3 years max.....hard to believe it’s been 5 years already........and they want me to work till Nov.3rd......this COVID19 has turned everyone into golfers and with warm weather the course has no plans to close ......

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I see the Yankees season has ended.... which never began for me. 2020 can't come to an end soon enough
    Meh.....I hear the propaganda down your way......up here we expect this to continue till next fall......

NYYF Legend

Second wave has started up here.......as expected.......you guys have some pretty ugly numbers.....oh .....and tell Trump this border ainít opening anytime soon if Trudeau wants to keep his job.....

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Second wave has started up here.......as expected.......you guys have some pretty ugly numbers.....oh .....and tell Trump this border ainít opening anytime soon if Trudeau wants to keep his job.....
    Well, I'm sneaking up to Schwartz's Deli.
    Let the kids play.

My dog is going blind from cataracts and I canít afford the almost $6k for his surgery and it makes me so sad seeing him struggle like this. everything sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    My dog is going blind from cataracts and I canít afford the almost $6k for his surgery and it makes me so sad seeing him struggle like this. everything sucks.
    Be patient with him.

One of my dogs went through exactly this several years ago. [We WERE able to correct it surgically, but he was blind for about two months before that could be scheduled.] It was occasionally heart-breaking, but also remarkable. He did a great job at finding the dog door to go outside, or come back in. He did really well on the stairs to get to where he wanted to go. [Better, by far, than I could have done.] It's just that if he missed the dog door by a foot or two, or a doorway inside the house, he'd just sit, rather than move to one side or the other and try again. So, every once in a while, you'd find him sitting with his nose an inch away from a wall.

Don't move the furniture. And don't leave anything sitting on the floor that isn't normally there. Keep an eye on his food and water intake, because he might have a tough time finding the bowl.

It DOES suck, but he'll impress you with how well he compensates.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Be patient with him.

One of my dogs went through exactly this several years ago. [We WERE able to correct it surgically, but he was blind for about two months before that could be scheduled.] It was occasionally heart-breaking, but also remarkable. He did a great job at finding the dog door to go outside, or come back in. He did really well on the stairs to get to where he wanted to go. [Better, by far, than I could have done.] It's just that if he missed the dog door by a foot or two, or a doorway inside the house, he'd just sit, rather than move to one side or the other and try again. So, every once in a while, you'd find him sitting with his nose an inch away from a wall.

Don't move the furniture. And don't leave anything sitting on the floor that isn't normally there. Keep an eye on his food and water intake, because he might have a tough time finding the bowl.

It DOES suck, but he'll impress you with how well he compensates.
    Yeah., I am patient with him. I just feel bad for his loss of independence. Itís hard to keep the floor clear with a toddler. I try to keep the big toys out of his way but my kid has other plans.

We're officially ending work from home tomorrow and moving into a beautiful new office. I give it two weeks before we're back home full time.

NYYF Legend

After almost 80 years in Basking Ridge, the last of my family is leaving New Jersey. I have sold the home I was born and raised in that was built by my parents in 1936 and I'm moving to a smaller place in the Poconos. Happily, it's still in the Yankee footprint, and quite close to RailRiders Stadium, or whatever it's called. It's also reasonably close to son#1 and Grandbaby #2, and work-from-home son #2 is coming with me.

The taxes on a place way bigger than I need that go to educate other people's kids who are all richer than I am were killing me.

It's quite clearly Trump country up there, which is off-putting, and the winters are a little scary. Hopefully, I will spend much of those in Brazil if we ever get back to a semblance of normal. It is very pretty territory, though, and the place has a 12-person solar-heated hot tub.

Moving Day is November 5.
    Last edited by theDurk; 10-19-20 at 05:41 PM.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

We're officially ending work from home tomorrow and moving into a beautiful new office. I give it two weeks before we're back home full time.
    My industry is considered essential, so we never really shut down.

But, back in March as shut-downs were happening, we deployed laptops to just about all employees, and went to a 50% manning scheme, where only half of us were physically in the office on any given day, the rest working from home. We ceased all face-to-face meetings, and made mask wear mandatory for all but your own office (and only when nobody else was in your office with you). Some restrictions involving quarantine after contact with others, travel restrictions, and the like. We've contracted for additional janitorial service on high-touch surfaces.

Out of 80 employees, we've had a sum total of TWO positive tests. One was a Mom, whose kids brought the virus home from school, and the other picked it up on vacation, and hadn't returned to work until after she had a couple negative tests. Maybe it's the effectiveness of certain precautions in Colorado. Maybe we just got lucky. Obviously, my employer is a sample size of one, but it's the only sample I have first-hand experience with.

'OPEN' isn't necessarily a bad thing if you take the right precautions. Good luck.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

After almost 80 years in Basking Ridge, the last of my family is leaving New Jersey. I have sold the home I was born and raised in that was built by my parents in 1936 and I'm moving to a smaller place in the Poconos. Happily, it's still in the Yankee footprint, and quite close to RailRiders Stadium, or whatever it's called. It's also reasonably close to son#1 and Grandbaby #2, and work-from-home son #2 is coming with me.

The taxes on a place way bigger than I need that go to educate other people's kids who are all richer than I am were killing me.

It's quite clearly Trump country up there, which is off-putting, and the winters are a little scary. Hopefully, I will spend much of those in Brazil if we ever get back to a semblance of normal. It is very pretty territory, though, and the place has a 12-person solar-heated hot tub.

I fully understand why you made this decision but nonetheless it has to be bittersweet moving away from your family home in Baskin Ridge. Best of luck in your next adventure, Tim.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

So... we had an intimate wedding in our backyard this past Sunday for Chloe and her now husband. When I told my son we were having a wedding for Chloe he said "Chloe? Your Chloe? I didn't know she was getting married?" To which I replied, "neither did I until a couple of weeks ago". He said "that sounds just like Chloe". Yep, that's our Chloe. But she got herself a good guy. Mazel tov

Wow, that's both exciting and bittersweet. Hopefully a family who'll love the house as much as you have will be moving in. And hopefully it's not as Trumpian as you think, or will change soon if it is. I've never been there, but it looks beautiful! Good luck!

So... we had an intimate wedding in our backyard this past Sunday for Chloe and her now husband. When I told my son we were having a wedding for Chloe he said "Chloe? Your Chloe? I didn't know she was getting married?" To which I replied, "neither did I until a couple of weeks ago". He said "that sounds just like Chloe". Yep, that's our Chloe. But she got herself a good guy. Mazel tov
    Yay for Chloe!

Congrats!

Moving sucks but hopefully you'll like your new surroundings. We do, and we also live in Trump country. What few neighbors we get to speak with don't bring up politics.
    Let the kids play.

That's great, Muggs! Reminds me of my own wedding to my second wife....total of 10 in attendance, married in a park on a bandstand. Quick and uncomplicated. Wish they were all that way.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Moving sucks but hopefully you'll like your new surroundings. We do, and we also live in Trump country. What few neighbors we get to speak with don't bring up politics.
    I suspect the Trumpies will talk about it even less after Nov. 3. Anyway, I fully intend to keep politics out of the discussion unless I'm sure what I'm dealing with. Like Jenn and Tom said, it's bittersweet but I'm excited about the new adventure. I grew up in the country, and liked it better that way before the suburbs surrounded us.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Good luck, Tim. But donít just disappear on us all winter when youíre in Brazil. The last couple of years, with Trump occupying the White House, we havenít had nearly as much to argue about, but that doesnít mean youíre any less wrong.

Thread Information