+ Reply to Thread
Page 1368 of 1377 FirstFirst ... 368 868 1268 1318 1358 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 ... LastLast
Results 34,176 to 34,200 of 34421

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I think that phrase should be written, "That'll be the day," said in an exaggerated John Wayne imitation. Sorry, Buddy Holly, but Duke owns that line.
    Just as sure as the turnin' of the earth
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

You still working at the golf course, Muggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You still working at the golf course, Muggs?
    Yep, but I'm beginning to question the why of it. I want to work less and they want me to work more for less.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Upstairs TV just crapped out...only 4 years old. A Samsung....got so hot on one side of it began to melt. Nothing is made to last anymore. To Best Buy I go tomorrow.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Upstairs TV just crapped out...only 4 years old. A Samsung....got so hot on one side of it began to melt. Nothing is made to last anymore. To Best Buy I go tomorrow.
    https://www.rtings.com/

Not that anyone follows hockey here but my wife is brokenhearted about the Rangers buying out the contract of The King today.

How is your life today ? JDPNYY's Avatar
    Waiting for the day when I will crawl away.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Not that anyone follows hockey here but my wife is brokenhearted about the Rangers buying out the contract of The King today.
    I thought the NHL was on strike??!??
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

Jim Leyritz?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow
    Person, woman, man, camera, TV

Elvis?

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Elvis?
    No, Elvis is dead. He died about three years ago, under an assumed identity, on a tiny island in the South Pacific.

Stan "King" Kaiser?

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Stan "King" Kaiser?
    His show was cancelled years ago. They just let his contract run out.

Some gangsters had a contract out on him, though.

How the hell is the songs game thread still going on?

Am I missing something? Is there prize money involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    How the hell is the songs game thread still going on?

Am I missing something? Is there prize money involved?
    People do what people do

People do what people do
    I checked the post count for that thread recently and discovered that bobbymagee is still #5. That sorta pleased me.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I checked the post count for that thread recently and discovered that bobbymagee is still #5. That sorta pleased me.
    What about "you" and "me?"
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

JDPNYY went to vacation in South Carolina last week.
    Despite no symptoms but due to ongoing dental hell, he went to get a COVID test.
    Negative results, unlike the President.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    What about "you" and "me?"
    Iím #23, a couple of spots ahead of Muggs, Ryan, and Rick.

Youíre at #19, right ahead of PalmerGA.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    JDPNYY went to vacation in South Carolina last week.
    Despite no symptoms but due to ongoing dental hell, he went to get a COVID test.
    Negative results, unlike the President.
    I just found out yesterday that one of the college kids (he goes to Clemson) I worked with this past summer has Covid. I swapped a couple texts with him and he's feeling better but says he still has no energy. He also said it felt like death.

He's 21 years old and it hit him hard. The 62 year old fredgmuggs wants a hard pass on Covid.

In other news I got out of work early today because of a golf outing(Yeah, they've started those up again but have a hard limit of 100 max) and stopped CVS for a flu shot. My wife's sister is the head pharmacist. It doesn't hurt to know someone.

In other news I got out of work early today because of a golf outing(Yeah, they've started those up again but have a hard limit of 100 max) and stopped CVS for a flu shot. My wife's sister is the head pharmacist. It doesn't hurt to know someone.
    I can just go over to Nursing and get the vaccine. Itís great.

I just found out yesterday that one of the college kids (he goes to Clemson) I worked with this past summer has Covid. I swapped a couple texts with him and he's feeling better but says he still has no energy. He also said it felt like death.

He's 21 years old and it hit him hard. The 62 year old fredgmuggs wants a hard pass on Covid.
    You left a few digits off your age.

(I'm glad your friend is OK.)

I need to get mine and take my kids for theirs.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

NYYF Legend

I got mine at your favorite store--Costco, with special immune booster for old farts. The place was empty. I felt totally safe doing some shipping while they processed the paperwork. The few folks in there all had masks and the wide aisles etc. made me feel pretty secure.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I got mine at your favorite store--Costco, with special immune booster for old farts. The place was empty. I felt totally safe doing some shipping while they processed the paperwork. The few folks in there all had masks and the wide aisles etc. made me feel pretty secure.
    When I was there an older woman came in and she wanted the booster but she was told they were out of them and probably wouldn't have them again for a few weeks. But my sister-in-law called another CVS to see if they had it (which they did) and sent her over there after setting up her info for the other store.

I just wanted to give my sister-in-law a pat on the back. She's good people.

NYYF Legend

When I was there an older woman came in and she wanted the booster but she was told they were out of them and probably wouldn't have them again for a few weeks. But my sister-in-law called another CVS to see if they had it (which they did) and sent her over there after setting up her info for the other store.

I just wanted to give my sister-in-law a pat on the back. She's good people.
    My pulmonologist warned me the senior shots are in short supply and I should get mine early. My Costco is now out of the senior vaccines.

So any old farts out there should get theirs soonest.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Thread Information