+ Reply to Thread
Page 1343 of 1353 FirstFirst ... 343 843 1243 1293 1333 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 ... LastLast
Results 33,551 to 33,575 of 33806

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Just had a shed delivered. He said business is booming...I suppose the pandemic has positive effects on some businesses.
    Golf course is busy. But if they lose the Monday outings that's going to hurt because that's a huge money maker for the club and they need every cent they can get.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    So let's see...

My brother who lives in Manhattan (Hell's Kitchen) probably had the virus. He had all the symptoms they had no test to give him. He's starting to feel better supposedly.

My sister's husband was supposedly exposed to the virus from a co-worker last week (the co-worker tested positive. They await the next steps.

One of my other brother's - the botanist. He escaped Westchester County just before it blew up there. Headed to the south pacific island country of Vanuatu. He's holed up in a little motel 24 hours a day. No way to get off that island, certainly no way home. Luckily he left the outlying remote islands where he was doing research before they locked down everything there. At least he has the internet, etc.
    Oh and a Category 5 Cyclone just hit the area. Cyclone Harold. Last we heard, he's still safe from that.

Sigh.
    Ugh, I hope everyone is ok, John.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Hi everyone, just checking in to make sure you're all well.

I'm OK. Spiked a fever last week and thought, here we go. Turned out to be some random stomach thing, but boy was I nervous.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post

I'm OK. Spiked a fever last week and thought, here we go. Turned out to be some random stomach thing, but boy was I nervous.
    I've been taking my temperature upon waking up every day for the last three weeks. I'm not paranoid about catching it but I sure as hell don't want to repeat my ICU adventure from last year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I've been taking my temperature upon waking up every day for the last three weeks. I'm not paranoid about catching it but I sure as hell don't want to repeat my ICU adventure from last year.
    If I get this I have very little confidence I would survive it. Where shall we start? I am overweight, diabetic, borderline hypertension, immune system weakened so not to reject kidney and the CMV I had in 2016 attacked the lungs badly to where I was on oxygen for over two months.

I don't worry so much about my ability to survive this virus, but the husband has emphysema and is prone to pneumonia and it may not turn out well. I'd worry that I would pass something to him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    If I get this I have very little confidence I would survive it. Where shall we start? I am overweight, diabetic, borderline hypertension, immune system weakened so not to reject kidney and the CMV I had in 2016 attacked the lungs badly to where I was on oxygen for over two months.
    If my dad had ended up getting his heart transplant we all would have had to wear a mask in the house for a year afterward. Now I'm wondering where the heck we would have gotten masks in the time of COVID-19.

Stay safe.

NYYF Legend

I don't worry so much about my ability to survive this virus, but the husband has emphysema and is prone to pneumonia and it may not turn out well. I'd worry that I would pass something to him.
    That's my worry too - my mom has COPD and other underlying conditions, and has been hospitalized for pneumonia before. She obsessively cleans the house now but there's only so much that can be done.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    If my dad had ended up getting his heart transplant we all would have had to wear a mask in the house for a year afterward. Now I'm wondering where the heck we would have gotten masks in the time of COVID-19.

Stay safe.
    Thanks. Basically we stay home. Anything arriving in a box stays in the garage for 24 hours

Glad you are doing ok now. Allergies are horrible in the Northeast this year. I've had a sore throat off and on for the last couple of weeks. Everytime I sneeze, the kids mace me with Lysol ninja-style.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

I'm tired.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    My community has created a Culinary Distancing Survival Facebook Group. It's extremely active, listing the Mom-and-Pop restaurants that are open, and what their menu is for curbside or delivery. It's showing where the food trucks are on a daily basis, and which brewpubs are providing crowler service. They also list the restaurants that have closed and those who are selling inventory. It's a pretty remarkable flow of information.

I have to think there are other communities who have done something similar. Might be worth searching, if you're on Facebook.

A bunch of restaurants around here are starting to do this. Governor recently passed an executive order allowing restaurants to sell stuff. Good to know if in a bind and grocery stores are sold out.

The wife sent me out to pick-up a pizza the other day and I'll probably not be doing that again. I didn't see the kitchen staff wear gloves or masks. Several staff were huddled together. One guy was talking over the pizza to the next guy as he was making it. The cashier handed me a pen to sign my receipt. No thanks.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    The wife sent me out to pick-up a pizza the other day and I'll probably not be doing that again. I didn't see the kitchen staff wear gloves or masks. Several staff were huddled together. One guy was talking over the pizza to the next guy as he was making it. The cashier handed me a pen to sign my receipt. No thanks.
    I picked up some Thai food last night.

The dining room is closed, so they had put placards on the tables: Grub Hub here, Uber Eats there, Door Dash over there, and Customer Pickup on the side. At the register, you'd insert your card without the employee touching it (and without you touching the device). Finally, they had two containers for pens: one marked 'disinfected' and the other marked 'used.' Employees in the kitchen were gloved and masked. Absolutely touch-free system. Plus, the food was delicious.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

We're doing take out once a week. Everything that comes home is taken out of its original packaging and either microwaved or put in the oven to kill any viruses that may have tagged along. Tipping is 30-50% depending on the size of the order. It's small risk but it's a lot smaller than the risk of those preparing food and dealing with customers.
    Let the kids play.

CT has the highest hospitalization rate per 100,00 residents for covid-19 in the country. Yay, we're number 1!

One of neighbors is a nurse at Yale New Haven and she hasn't been home in over a week. Talking to her husband he tells me the hospital is providing lodging for staff.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    One of neighbors is a nurse at Yale New Haven and she hasn't been home in over a week. Talking to her husband he tells me the hospital is providing lodging for staff.
    There are a handful of hotels out here that are offering free hotel lodging for medical staff. None near me/my employer yet. Iíve been doing very strict decontamination when I get home. Hoping itís enough to not get anyone sick at my house.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    There are a handful of hotels out here that are offering free hotel lodging for medical staff. None near me/my employer yet. Iíve been doing very strict decontamination when I get home. Hoping itís enough to not get anyone sick at my house.
    Thank you for what you do and please be safe!

NYYF Legend

I went to Walmart last night, needed a few things. Dog and cat food and a few other things.

I'm happy to report that the same wacky people are still in Walmart, they just have masks on now.
    Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are this will save your soul or break it forever

I have a sister who I havenít talked to for about 3 years or so. She lives relatively close, and has ended up in my town for business many times, and I in hers, but we never even let each other know or talk. There was some family drama a few years ago, and she said some hurtful things about mom, so I intervened, and she blocked me and another sister from all her contacts and told me to never talk to her again, that I was dead to her. I just laughed, and moved on, and haven't even tried to talk to heR since then. I'm not mad at her at all, sheís been doing things like this since we were kids, itís just easier to ignore it and move on. Anyway, today she texted me out if the blue, asking me if I needed masks, because she has a pretty good stash (her son is immunocompromised), and offered to mail me some. We didnít talk at Christmas, for birthdays, at weddings, when she was having problems with the school system, or when mom was in the hospital. A pandemic hits, and suddenly all is forgotten. Funny how that works. We talked for an hour or so, then we had to go. It was good to just talk again, like kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    I have a sister who I havenít talked to for about 3 years or so. She lives relatively close, and has ended up in my town for business many times, and I in hers, but we never even let each other know or talk. There was some family drama a few years ago, and she said some hurtful things about mom, so I intervened, and she blocked me and another sister from all her contacts and told me to never talk to her again, that I was dead to her. I just laughed, and moved on, and haven't even tried to talk to heR since then. I'm not mad at her at all, sheís been doing things like this since we were kids, itís just easier to ignore it and move on. Anyway, today she texted me out if the blue, asking me if I needed masks, because she has a pretty good stash (her son is immunocompromised), and offered to mail me some. We didnít talk at Christmas, for birthdays, at weddings, when she was having problems with the school system, or when mom was in the hospital. A pandemic hits, and suddenly all is forgotten. Funny how that works. We talked for an hour or so, then we had to go. It was good to just talk again, like kids.
    This makes me happy to read.

So I found some kittens in my shed.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    So I found some kittens in my shed.
    That sounds like a euphemism for something.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That sounds like a euphemism for something.

Thereís been a cat lingering around the neighborhood. We found her in the shed the other day and tried to close off whatever openings she got in. Saturday evening I started hearing loud high pitched meows coming from the shed. So I went in and checked and found 5 tiny kittens in an empty box in there. Idk what to do so I unblocked one of the openings so mom can get in and see her kittens. Iíll call around Monday for animal rescue, but my guess is that due to covid, I wonít get much help.

Thread Information