+ Reply to Thread
Page 1115 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 115 615 1015 1065 1105 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 LastLast
Results 27,851 to 27,875 of 27921

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Has anyone here seen a capybara? I'm sure Tim has, since they're native to South America. Yesterday I saw one at a petting zoo. Anyway, these animals are super ugly, but quite friendly. It was completely domesticated, begging for snacks and following the owner like a dog. Too funny. They enjoy sniffing butts, and it tried to eat my purse. No, it wasn't Sam.
    Sure. Capivara in Portuguese. They were all around my ex-'s house in the country. You couldn't get that close to those guys. They ran (or waddled) in packs of a dozen or so. It was eventually discovered that they were responsible for a tick-born outbreak of Lyme disease and they got eliminated (not sure how). I miss them.

I have also seen them in total fearless mode, where they would congregate around the door in the morning hoping to eat out of your hand.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Sure. Capivara in Portuguese. They were all around my ex-'s house in the country. You couldn't get that close to those guys. They ran (or waddled) in packs of a dozen or so. It was eventually discovered that they were responsible for a tick-born outbreak of Lyme disease and they got eliminated (not sure how). I miss them.

I have also seen them in total fearless mode, where they would congregate around the door in the morning hoping to eat out of your hand.
    But have you seen a chupacabra?
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

I see the Tanaka honeymoon is finally over........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post

Chupacabras

a) Supper's Calling
    I wonder what's for dinner tonight
    If everything works out all right
    I'll be feasting

So let's see what's for dinner tonight
    A treat below that beats with life
    It's calling, bleating, breathing, bleeding

I sense your presence, smell you near - sneaking, hiding
    I hear your heart and feel your fear - flowing, moving
    Behold it soon will all be clear
    My eyes, shining: hypnotizing

b) The Shepherdess

You've lost control
    You've lost your way home
    Out in the cold

You've lost your way home, out in the cold...

c) A Brief History Of Truth And Beauty

I will live again
    Up from the air of my succulent lair
    I will rise anew
    Into the wind I will move my wings
    I will feed again
    Drain to the depths with my clean teeth and breath

I am beauty
    I am beauty

Once for awhile there was light beside the dark
    Once long ago there was fire because of spark
    Secrets have faded, shadows have grown
    We are just wanderers whose path is unknown
    Unknown....

I am free at last
    Take in a breath, there's no looking back
    I go circling
    Spying from high, I watch my prize
    I will wipe the sleep from red glowing eyes and prepare to arrive

This is beauty
    (I couldn't ask for anything more)

d) Chupacabras Stomp

All that we have ever known
    Is seeking love and wanting home
    Creator
    I bring the gift of everlasting dream
    Creator
    I bring the gift of life between the seams
    I bring the gift...

e) Get My Goat

f) Study And Review

Secrets have faded, shadows have grown
    We are just wanderers whose path is unknown
    The path is unknown...

g) The Gift

I will live again
    Deliver myself from waiting in stealth
    I will rise again
    Meet you alive on the other side

I am freedom
    I am freedom, you couldn't ask for anything more
    You couldn't ask for anything
    Creator...
    ...unknown
    I am freedom
    I will free them
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

There seems to be a stomach bug going around. Half my family had it. Now my husband has it. I swear if he gets me sick...

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Note unless you count my ex- on a bad day....
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
    There seems to be a stomach bug going around. Half my family had it. Now my husband has it. I swear if he gets me sick...
    Were you cooking again?

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Were you cooking again?

I cook all the time.

NYYF Legend

The illness from Hell has been going around the house lately...my mom was out of work for a week because it turned into pneumonia, she just returned today. Now I have it. Please kill me.

Decided I deserved a few hours of stream fishing because I haven't been in a couple of years. Hit the jackpot with 6 nice-sized brown trout.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Decided I deserved a few hours of stream fishing because I haven't been in a couple of years. Hit the jackpot with 6 nice-sized brown trout.
    *obligatory joke about nice-sized brown trout*

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    The illness from Hell has been going around the house lately...my mom was out of work for a week because it turned into pneumonia, she just returned today. Now I have it. Please kill me.
    Feel better, Ryan.

I had a bad cold in February, the flu in March, and currently have another bad cold.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    Feel better, Ryan.

I had a bad cold in February, the flu in March, and currently have another bad cold.
    You must be popular at your retirement community. "Watch out, Gladys, here's comes that Typhoid Mary again."
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

nice. When's the fish fry? I love trout.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    You must be popular at your retirement community. "Watch out, Gladys, here's comes that Typhoid Mary again."
    All the young whippersnappers are spreading their germs.

nice. When's the fish fry? I love trout.
    Just fried up 2. Put the other 4 in the camp freezer. I love the brook trout but I don't get to fish for them often. Browns are good, don't care for the rainbows.
    Let the kids play.

Just fried up 2. Put the other 4 in the camp freezer. I love the brook trout but I don't get to fish for them often. Browns are good, don't care for the rainbows.
    Homophobe.

Homophobe.
    If the choices are being fried up or put in the freezer, I don't think the rainbows mind.

NYYF Legend

Wifey finally getting her eye surgery Monday..........gonna need a 2nd one later this year...........she`s been miserable lately with being blind..........`Unhappy Wife.....Unhappy Life"

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Wifey finally getting her eye surgery Monday..........gonna need a 2nd one later this year...........she`s been miserable lately with being blind..........`Unhappy Wife.....Unhappy Life"
    Good luck with that Jake.

My wife had cataracts removed from both eyes and then a torn retina in one. It's been a tough journey these 50 days.

Once she recovers things will be good.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

It's the New Haven weekend from hell. Yale has its graduations and the parents are descending upon the city and will stand in line for hours at Pepe's for pizza because they heard it's the thing to do when they could go to Zuppardi's in West Haven and not wait and it's just as good But I direeees,

It's also the weekend of the Freddie Fixer Parade which is normally good for 3 or 4 fistfights and at least 2 discharges of handguns.

Also the State DOT in its infinite wisdom decided this would be the perfect weekend to do some paving projects on Rt 34, I91 and I95.

Sarah saw the Omni hotel is increasing their rates to 500 dollars a night with a 3 night minimum. She says next year we're putting our house on AirBnB for this weekend.

Oh, andI'm sure they'll be a protest or two... or three or four.

(I hear Theo Epstein is one of the speakers at one of the Yale colleges graduations)

It's the New Haven weekend from hell. Yale has its graduations and the parents are descending upon the city and will stand in line for hours at Pepe's for pizza because they heard it's the thing to do when they could go to Zuppardi's in West Haven and not wait and it's just as good But I direeees,

It's also the weekend of the Freddie Fixer Parade which is normally good for 3 or 4 fistfights and at least 2 discharges of handguns.

Also the State DOT in its infinite wisdom decided this would be the perfect weekend to do some paving projects on Rt 34, I91 and I95.

Sarah saw the Omni hotel is increasing their rates to 500 dollars a night with a 3 night minimum. She says next year we're putting our house on AirBnB for this weekend.

Oh, andI'm sure they'll be a protest or two... or three or four.

(I hear Theo Epstein is one of the speakers at one of the Yale colleges graduations)
    What is the Freddie Fixer parade? I googled it but it just found links about when it is or about past parades.

What is the Freddie Fixer parade? I googled it but it just found links about when it is or about past parades.
    I think it's about community activism or something. Generally the parade just causes trouble, I think they cancelled it for a few years but I believe it's been back for a few years now.

I think governments think every weekend is a perfect weekend for paving projects. There is constant, non-stop work being done on all roads, yet the roads are all terrible.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

I think it's about community activism or something. Generally the parade just causes trouble, I think they cancelled it for a few years but I believe it's been back for a few years now.
    You need to go and give us a full report. We're counting on you.

Also, I need to try Pepe's and Zuppardi's some day.

Thread Information