+ Reply to Thread
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar

Is there a Yankee HOF? If so, is it accessible on the Web?

All:

I was trying to find out where the Yankee Hall of Fame, if there is one, can be found on the Internet. Someone asked me about this, so I figured I'd asked here, where good help is always available.

Thanking you in advance.

Jersey Yankee

The Yankees don't need a "Yankee Hall of Fame", they're all in the real Baseball Hall of Fame.

There are monuments though to the great Yankees, and retired #s. But no special watered down "Yankee Hall of Fame". It's Cooperstown or bust.
    "He knew, as he went after that ball, that he had a decision to make," said Tony Clark, who watched the play unfold from first base. "Either you let the ball drop and try to minimize the damage, or you make the catch and pay the consequences. He knew that, no doubt about it, and he chose B."

I hear you. The request came from a NYM fans on another forum. I figured this would be the best place to get a proper response.

You're right, Cooperstown IS the Yankee Hall of Fame. I guess the diluted version just ain't good enough.

Thanks.

Released Outright NetShrine.com's Avatar
    There are many Yankees in NetShrine.com

Jim F. - perhaps there's an idea here - - should b-b.com have a Yankee HOF? I'd love to be on the selection committee

NetShrine, I don't happen to see a direct link to any Yankee HOFers from the homepage you mentioned (http://www.netshrine.com/). Do you have a subpage on this which may prove helpful?

Thanks.

Re: Is there a Yankee HOF? If so, is it accessible on the Web?

Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    All:

I was trying to find out where the Yankee Hall of Fame, if there is one, can be found on the Internet. Someone asked me about this, so I figured I'd asked here, where good help is always available.

Thanking you in advance.

Jersey Yankee
    Not that I know of, but you can check out HOFs on Baseball-Reference.com, great site.

Released Outright NetShrine.com's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    NetShrine, I don't happen to see a direct link to any Yankee HOFers from the homepage you mentioned (http://www.netshrine.com/). Do you have a subpage on this which may prove helpful?

Thanks.
    Go to the Gallery off the main page - - pick a category, then an era, and then when you get there, just scroll through to find any players who were with the Yanks.

I'd forgotten to say thank you both. I'll check these out further but this weekend's been a lazy one for me, for once.

Thanks again.

Thread Information