Thread: FAB Is Over

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

FAB Is Over

How do you like your team?
    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's
    2016 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League Champjons

NYYF Legend

Re: FAB Is Over

Mm. Well, I had very little cash, so I concentrated on getting depth. Looks like that was a good move, with Utley, Soria, and Hart already looking like they might not contribute much, at least in the first half. My thinking is that I'd rather sign reserves in the FAB than mid-season, because then I get the option to extend them next year if they break out.

I got about 70% of my targets, but missed on out Belt, Alvarez, and a few others. My offense really needs a bounce-back from Heyward and Posey, otherwise I'm going to be all-pitching, all the time.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

I'm pleased. I had a boat load of money and was successful on just about everyone I went after, sans McCutchen.

Very pleased with the fact that I have assembled a starting lineup, with backups at each position, and still have 15 million available.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

I am very happy with my pitching staff, hitting not as much, but is decent. I missed out on a lot of hitters I targeted. But my SP is: Lincecum, Haren, Lester, Shields, Beckett. Closer is Mariano Rivera. SU is Soriano. Hopefully my SP can carry the team.

I like my team as well. Would have liked more backups, and ended up with too many SP's. But happy to get McCutchen to pair with Stanton and Young/Stubbs and to get Hosmer locked up for a while.

NYYF HOF

I feel that overall it's well rounded; I don't have any pitchers over 20 ppg; but all are above 15 and if Bedard can take advantage of NL hitting it could be a fairly decent staff. David and Hamilton were my 2 targets going in and if Kenrys Morales can make a comeback it will only help.

Forum Regular

I gotssss Andy Pettitte.

I didn't do my due diligence prior to the FAB and overbid on some players early. Getting both Pujols and Votto was not expected, but I can't complain about that. I got Joe Mauer and Hanley Ramirez at bargain basement prices, but severely overpaid for Hunter Pence (a personal fave so I'm somewhat ok with it). If I could do it over again I would have allocated my money a little better and gone harder after the ace SP that were on the market. I could have and should have got Lester or Lincecum, but by the time they were on the market I thought it better to spread the money out. I didn't need Ian Kinsler but grabbed him just for the hell of it. As is, I have a stacked lineup and lots of good trade bait, and I'm happy with my pitching depth, but too many questions at SP right now. Matt Cain is a rock, but Pineda, Marcum, Scherzer and Baker all come with questions.

I still have 7.5m to spend so will look to add some cheap depth and upside via FA. I need to pick up a cheap 3B to cover me until Hanley gets eligibility there and serve as backup. I'd be looking to trade Votto (9.5m/3), Kendrick (3m/2) or Jemile Weeks (1.5/3) in a deal to upgrade my pitching. Any of my pitchers could be included in a deal.

Thread Information