+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 200 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 197 198 199 200
Results 4,976 to 4,993 of 4993
    Forum Regular

Re: Rough Sledding

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    The Yankees discounting tickets for $4.15, $5.01, etc. hurts the season ticket holder selling weeknight tickets and benefits the secondary market buyer. That has to impact plan renewals. I thought if you buy in volume you deserve the best prices in your section but the Yankees never seem to care and continue to undercut plan prices.
    Yes, and enforcing price floors on SH gets us at the other end. I'm looking around the room for the chump but it seems to be me.

Re: The StubHub Thread

From a purchaser point-of-view, don't you find that the lack of seat numbers on Vivid (and some SH) listings is a problem? The rows are so damn long that I don't want to get stuck in some seat way in the middle.

Edit: And from a seller's POV, I'd want the premium that some people might pay for aisle seats.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fat_Al View Post
    From a purchaser point-of-view, don't you find that the lack of seat numbers on Vivid (and some SH) listings is a problem? The rows are so damn long that I don't want to get stuck in some seat way in the middle.

Edit: And from a seller's POV, I'd want the premium that some people might pay for aisle seats.
    As a Vivid seller you have the ability to specify aisle seats and no seat numbers is good so teams don't track your sales

Quote Originally Posted by Fat_Al View Post

I have aisle seats and don't find it helps that much....people would rather save $2-5 per ticket than sit on the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    I have aisle seats and don't find it helps that much....people would rather save $2-5 per ticket than sit on the aisle.

Also 1st Row Terrace Infield seats always sell at or above face in my section. When the NYS opened I was in the 1st Row and hated it because of less leg room and the glass screen so I moved up to Row 4 for the best and most comfortable view. Row 2 is not great because you have to deal with the folks in the 1st Row leaning forward to clear the screen. Buyers have no way of knowing this unless they are frequent visitors.

Also 1st Row Terrace Infield seats always sell at or above face in my section. When the NYS opened I was in the 1st Row and hated it because of less leg room and the glass screen so I moved up to Row 4 for the best and most comfortable view. Row 2 is not great because you have to deal with the folks in the 1st Row leaning forward to clear the screen. Buyers have no way of knowing this unless they are frequent visitors.
    Yes, when I had Jim Beam season tickets we were in Row 4, which was ideal. Agree that rows 1 and 2 are lousy. Since I gave up our seats, fwiw, I am always willing to pay something of a premium for aisle.

These are the same buyers that spend many $$$ for parking, food, drink and merchandise after they won't pay $2-5 more for a ticket

The Yankees discounting tickets for $4.15, $5.01, etc. hurts the season ticket holder selling weeknight tickets and benefits the secondary market buyer. That has to impact plan renewals. I thought if you buy in volume you deserve the best prices in your section but the Yankees never seem to care and continue to undercut plan prices.
    Is this actually a published policy? I know the Yankees have stopped selling partial plans down the line towards the foul poles (at least they are not able to be "moved" into during relocation).

But even if it is published policy, the "Best Price in Your Section" is not the same as "Best Price in Your Seating Category". So if you have seasons in 413, which is GSO, the Yankees can sell $5.01 tickets in 412, since 412 is a different section from 413...

These are the same buyers that spend many $$$ for parking, food, drink and merchandise after they won't pay $2-5 more for a ticket
    The cost of a beer is the cost of a beer.
    The price to get in the door is something the buyer can control.

It's the mindset...

NYYF Legend

Just noticed that for all Jets games on stubhub, there are only two delivery options - "stubhub app" or "stubhub app - instant"

no ups, no email pdf, no ticketmaster transfer, nothing else except their system

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Is this actually a published policy? I know the Yankees have stopped selling partial plans down the line towards the foul poles (at least they are not able to be "moved" into during relocation).

But even if it is published policy, the "Best Price in Your Section" is not the same as "Best Price in Your Seating Category". So if you have seasons in 413, which is GSO, the Yankees can sell $5.01 tickets in 412, since 412 is a different section from 413...
    Definitely NOT a published policy, just a wish of this full season ticket customer.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Just noticed that for all Jets games on stubhub, there are only two delivery options - "stubhub app" or "stubhub app - instant"

no ups, no email pdf, no ticketmaster transfer, nothing else except their system

The Jets are hard-ticketless.

My buddy has Jets season tickets and he can only use his phone... I think they've even gotten rid of the Jets season ticket cards, too.

I think the only thing that may still be PDF are the parking passes...
    Last edited by dstoffa; 05-13-19 at 12:20 PM.

Forum Regular

Sold Monday tix on SH but they came back to me after the cancellation. Problem is we cannot go into the past through the NYY website. How do I exchange these without having to rip the actual hard tickets out of the ticket book?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    Sold Monday tix on SH but they came back to me after the cancellation. Problem is we cannot go into the past through the NYY website. How do I exchange these without having to rip the actual hard tickets out of the ticket book?
    You can go back on NYY site. Go to Manage tickets and there is a drop down for May. go to the 13th and it shows what games you have not transferred. If you have a rep you could try calling and explaining the situation about keeping your book in tact and there may be something they could do

Forum Regular

Jets don't have hard stock other than their season ticket cards. Stubhub is barcoded so all you do is enter the barcodes in.. Not much different than the Yankees listings on SH.

Ticketmaster is going to rotating barcodes for NFL so screenshots will not be valid for NFL anymore.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    Jets don't have hard stock other than their season ticket cards. Stubhub is barcoded so all you do is enter the barcodes in.. Not much different than the Yankees listings on SH.

Ticketmaster is going to rotating barcodes for NFL so screenshots will not be valid for NFL anymore.
    Gotcha, thought the Jets still had hard stock. MSG announced recently no more PDF tickets, only barcode or hard stock for Knicks/Rangers

NYYF Legend

say goodbye to barcode screenshots

Ticketmaster introduces 'refreshing' barcodes
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/15/...pted-barcodes/

say goodbye to barcode screenshots

Ticketmaster introduces 'refreshing' barcodes
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/15/...pted-barcodes/
    Ugh. At least transferring on TM tends to actually work. Screenshots are usually the only things that work for me with SH.

Thread Information