+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 187 188 189 190
Results 4,726 to 4,743 of 4743
    Addicted Member

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    Does anyone know if I have to delete StubHub listings if I plan on using a particular game as an exchange?
    Yes. the game has to be deleted before you can make an exchange. I am not sure if deactivated will work. To be safe I would delete the game. If not, hte box office or your rep will not do the exchange until the listing is deleted. If you delete the listing while at the box office it sometimes takes as long as 10-15 minutes before the box office can see the listing as delisted

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Yes. the game has to be deleted before you can make an exchange. I am not sure if deactivated will work. To be safe I would delete the game. If not, hte box office or your rep will not do the exchange until the listing is deleted. If you delete the listing while at the box office it sometimes takes as long as 10-15 minutes before the box office can see the listing as delisted
    They will not exchange a deactivated listing, it needs to be deleted. I had this happen but I deleted by iPhone app and they saw it quickly and exchanged. Next time I did it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    After a few weeks going back and forth stubhub finally sent me another payment to correct the mistake. they gave me one lump sum for the extra 5% they took out for all of my sales so far this season. They said their IT department is still working on this issue and if I get another sale to call them and they will pay me the extra 5%. They said they left a note on my account so that I don't have to do this whole thing over and over again.

Its great that they are giving me the extra 5% but I shouldn't have to go though this and have to call them every time I make a sale. I am clearly not the only one who this is happening to but I wonder if many people have been calling them enough to correct it.
    Good to know, thank you.

Now we all just need to get Vivid to match this 5% sellers commission

apologies if this seems like a dumb question

I have tickets for the Jeter ceremony game that I bought outside of my plan on ticketmaster but looks like I will be having an eye surgery now the week before and I don't know how long the recovery will be.

I've sold before on stubhub but when I do I am able to upload the pdf or send the physical tickets via ups. I have the Jeter tickets in hand but the only option being given to me is to enter the bar code. Am I not able to sell these tickets on there??? Will I have to sell to a friend locally instead??

Addicted Member

Just type the Barcode numbers that are on your tickets into the fields on the site. You are fine.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

NYYF Legend

and if the barcode number isn't written, then use any of a hundred free android apps to scan the barcode and get the digits

also good luck on your procedure, speedy recovery and better eyesight

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    Just type the Barcode numbers that are on your tickets into the fields on the site. You are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    and if the barcode number isn't written, then use any of a hundred free android apps to scan the barcode and get the digits

also good luck on your procedure, speedy recovery and better eyesight
    thanks guys, appreciate it

Thanks also Gordon, hoping this procedure does the job for me, been having issues and now got the clearance from my doctor to get things done. Miss the game unfortunately but i'm looking at the bigger picture here

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBX31 View Post
    apologies if this seems like a dumb question

I have tickets for the Jeter ceremony game that I bought outside of my plan on ticketmaster but looks like I will be having an eye surgery now the week before and I don't know how long the recovery will be.

I've sold before on stubhub but when I do I am able to upload the pdf or send the physical tickets via ups. I have the Jeter tickets in hand but the only option being given to me is to enter the bar code. Am I not able to sell these tickets on there??? Will I have to sell to a friend locally instead??
    Good luck with your eye surgery, recover well.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Good luck with your eye surgery, recover well.
    thanks man

The tickets sold quickly for the Jeter game, I didn't look to be too greedy but I did make a good amount. Hopefully, I can watch it live on tv after my surgery and not on dvr now lol

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    After a few weeks going back and forth stubhub finally sent me another payment to correct the mistake. they gave me one lump sum for the extra 5% they took out for all of my sales so far this season. They said their IT department is still working on this issue and if I get another sale to call them and they will pay me the extra 5%. They said they left a note on my account so that I don't have to do this whole thing over and over again.

Its great that they are giving me the extra 5% but I shouldn't have to go though this and have to call them every time I make a sale. I am clearly not the only one who this is happening to but I wonder if many people have been calling them enough to correct it.

So after getting my 5% back for some of my sales I got a phone call and an email from StubHub stating that the 5% sales commission is no longer going to be happening. Here's the email I got from StubHub yesterday:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting StubHub. I apologize for the recent issues you've encountered on our website. There was originally an issue on our website that calculated all New York Yankee sales with a 10% sell fee regardless from where the listing was created. Since then, however, it has come to my attention that there has been a change to our contract with New York Yankees. All sales will have a 10% sell fee even if the listing was created from your team account. We are currently working on getting this down in an email and sent to all sellers but until that time please know that your sell fee will be 10% for all future New York Yankee sales. I apologize for the inconvenience but if there is anything else I can assist you with, please call us back at 1-866-788-2482 and any agent will be more than happy to assist you.

If you have any questions or concerns, chat with us live now. We're here 24/7.Please note Chat is not available on mobile devices.

Thanks for using StubHub!
    Sincerely,

Francisco
    StubHub Case Management
    Weekdays: 5:00AM -- 9:00PM (PST)
    Weekends: 6:00AM -- 7:00PM (PST)
    casemanager@stubhub.com
    www.StubHub.com

NYYF Legend

LOL

New York Yankees: finding new and innovative ways to screw their season ticket holders every year

Addicted Member

LOL

New York Yankees: finding new and innovative ways to screw their season ticket holders every year
    Yet another reason to list on Vivid. Same commission but list on multiple sites including SH.

NYYF Legend

Yet another reason to list on Vivid. Same commission but list on multiple sites including SH.
    you also get a pre-fees listing advantage on vivid, they game the fees to undercut stubhub

For example, if you list your seats for $50 on skybox, they will show up as, say, $38 in the vivid listings but at $50 on the stubhub listing. When the buyers gets to the credit card page, both will show up as like $65 all-in (with vivid maybe slightly less). You still get the $50 price minus 10%, except that your tickets artificially look cheaper on vivid.

I have to say though, I haven't seen any market for baseball tickets on vivid. Nobody buys baseball there for some reason

Addicted Member

you also get a pre-fees listing advantage on vivid, they game the fees to undercut stubhub

For example, if you list your seats for $50 on skybox, they will show up as, say, $38 in the vivid listings but at $50 on the stubhub listing. When the buyers gets to the credit card page, both will show up as like $65 all-in (with vivid maybe slightly less). You still get the $50 price minus 10%, except that your tickets artificially look cheaper on vivid.

I have to say though, I haven't seen any market for baseball tickets on vivid. Nobody buys baseball there for some reason
    I have made about a dozen baseball sales on Vivid. They seem to have a large international following with several sales going overseas.

NYYF Legend

I have made about a dozen baseball sales on Vivid. They seem to have a large international following with several sales going overseas.
    yeah completely agree there, they get a lot of international volume they must advertise heavily outside the US.

I have some Mets tickets up there all at a discount priced at low market and have had zero sales

Addicted Member

yeah completely agree there, they get a lot of international volume they must advertise heavily outside the US.

I have some Mets tickets up there all at a discount priced at low market and have had zero sales
    I will say that volume has picked up quite a bit from last year and i hear they are close to a deal with either MLB or ESPN that should also help.

Forum Regular

I will say that volume has picked up quite a bit from last year and i hear they are close to a deal with either MLB or ESPN that should also help.
    ESPN has been listing (in teams schedules page *tickets available*) VIVID tickets instead of stubhub since mid FEB now. Since January I've had more sales with VIVID than Stubhub and I sell A LOT of tickets. First time ever in 7 years of selling tickets. VIVID is definitely capitalizing the market. And Ticket Network is just about off the map. I may have 1 sale a month with them. Which accounts for less than 1/2 of a percent of my sales. lol. Can't wait till they dissolve.

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    Slightly OT but anybody know how to re-sell Credit Card Entry tix....there are no bar codes....SH says they only allow big volume customers to do this.

Thread Information