+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 195 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 4851

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    I just created a listing through My Yankees Account and when I look at the listing on StubHub under My Tickets it still shows them taking a 10% seller commission under "your payout". Might be that the system just isn't set up to show a 5% commission (I hope).

I finally have 2 sales on StubHub with the listings that I posted directly through my Yankees account. It was showing as 10% commission when I posted them and when I finally got paid through PayPal they took out 10% commission.

I called StubHub and they informed me that the only way to get the 5% commission is if you set your payment method as crediting your Yankees account only. If you select PayPal or Direct deposit as your payment method then the commission will be 10%.

I personally don't want the Yankees to have control of my money (as credit) all year until its time to pay for my 2018 season. I don't want to commit to the 2018 season before the 2017 season has even begun. This was not the way it was last year at all. I had PayPal as my payment method and I still got the 5% last year. I think this should have been clearly stated when they made the StubHub deal.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    I finally have 2 sales on StubHub with the listings that I posted directly through my Yankees account. It was showing as 10% commission when I posted them and when I finally got paid through PayPal they took out 10% commission.

I called StubHub and they informed me that the only way to get the 5% commission is if you set your payment method as crediting your Yankees account only. If you select PayPal or Direct deposit as your payment method then the commission will be 10%.

I personally don't want the Yankees to have control of my money (as credit) all year until its time to pay for my 2018 season. I don't want to commit to the 2018 season before the 2017 season has even begun. This was not the way it was last year at all. I had PayPal as my payment method and I still got the 5% last year. I think this should have been clearly stated when they made the StubHub deal.
    I really wonder how much time they spend going over every minute detail of everything customer facing thinking of how to make them the absolute worst they can be. It is amazing.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    I really wonder how much time they spend going over every minute detail of everything customer facing thinking of how to make them the absolute worst they can be. It is amazing.
    Meanwhile at Citi Field...
    http://m.mlb.com/nym/video/v12108680...-sales-program

My next door neighbor has his season tickets credited. I'll have to let him know about this. Thanks.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I just see a bunch of brainwashed kids spending what little they get paid on cheap suits and hair gel with hopes of becoming team president.

NYYF Legend

I just see a bunch of brainwashed kids spending what little they get paid on cheap suits and hair gel with hopes of becoming team president.
    dead end jobs, one step above, say, intern at the NBC Late Show

Forum Regular

I know the Devils pay their sales reps like $14 an hour so I bet the Mets can't be worse than that. lol.

By the way if you ever don't want them to call you ever again just tell them your a broker. For me I say that because it's true but it keeps teams that I have no interest doing business with stay far away from me.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    I know the Devils pay their sales reps like $14 an hour so I bet the Mets can't be worse than that. lol.

By the way if you ever don't want them to call you ever again just tell them your a broker. For me I say that because it's true but it keeps teams that I have no interest doing business with stay far away from me.
    You - Hello?
    Them - I sell a product
    You - Yes I have potential to purchase your product in bulk.
    Them - YOU ARE NOT WELCOME GOODBYE!

Completely true- hilarious to see these young impressionable people think they are on a rocket ship to success just because they are part of the Mutts entry level sales exec team!! What's even worse is to watch the 30 something year old supervisor gush about how they will "make it happen" for every one of these schleps! I was once one of them- had a internship in ticket sales out of college with a AAA team- thought it was the greatest thing ever until I realized I was getting minimum wage, living in an apartment with 3 other buddies from college who were all making 3x to 4x what I was, etc. Then the game days came- at work around 8:30AM and don't leave until 11PM, rinse and repeat. But it wasn't all bad, I think we all got a $15 concession stand voucher for a free hot dog dinner.

On the flip side- I have gotten to be pretty tight with several of my pro sports season ticket AE's. Most of them very sharp people, outgoing, just likeable as hell- but guess what? Sure enough, every last one of them moves on and very rarely does the next job have anything to do with sports. I made the best decision of my life to get into real estate 25 years ago and haven't looked back

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Maybe Vivid will match? Let's all ask them too
    Yes- tell Vivid you just want "fair pricing" (inside joke, trust me, they will get it). If they say no, just call them 2-3 times per week and threaten to cut off your feed until they comply (Vivid is very familiar with this strategy too)

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Yes- tell Vivid you just want "fair pricing" (inside joke, trust me, they will get it). If they say no, just call them 2-3 times per week and threaten to cut off your feed until they comply (Vivid is very familiar with this strategy too)
    depends who your rep is, that makes all the difference over at VIVID.

So I decided that I would change my payment method to Yankees team credit to get the 5% commission because I can pay for my post season invoice with the credit. I went into StubHub and went to change all of the payment methods and it wouldn't let me change it to anything other than PayPal or Direct Deposit. So then I decided to delete all of my listings and repost them one by one AGAIN through my Yankees account. (This took about 3 hours). I made sure to set each one to credit my team account as my payment method and it even showed my Yankees account number.

I finally got another sale today after reposting them and lo and behold it still had them taking 10% commission. I also noticed that it said that they were going to pay me via direct deposit.

I called StubHub and explained this whole thing to them again and was on the phone with them for over 45 minutes. They pretty much have no idea what is going on and the lady got her supervisor and the IT department involved. She was actually very helpful and understanding of the situation which I find to be hit or miss with StubHub. She forwarded this case over to their IT department to take a look at it. She asked me if I could delete one of my current listings and repost it again from my Yankees account and take screenshots of every step along the way. So I did and sent it to them.

Hopefully they will get this all straightened out and I am sure I am not the only one this is happening to. It just sucks that we have to go though this to get the correct amount paid to us. Last year this wasn't an issue at all. I mean I could just raise the listing price by another 5% and make the buyer eat the cost but that's not the point. Is anyone else having this issue?

Addicted Member

My issue with SH is that nothing is moving.

NYYF Legend

My issue with SH is that nothing is moving.
    That's because there's no market left for Yankees tickets. You can only move them at a loss unless it's one of two marquee games (OD & Jeter day)

That's because there's no market left for Yankees tickets. You can only move them at a loss unless it's one of two marquee games (OD & Jeter day)
    I'm not finding that to be true. Now that spring training has begun, sales of my Yankees tickets are picking up and I am able to sell at or above face value (net to me after SH's 27% commission).

I'm not finding that to be true. Now that spring training has begun, sales of my Yankees tickets are picking up and I am able to sell at or above face value (net to me after SH's 27% commission).

Where are your seats?

I'm with you on this. I've had a good amount of sales so far on StubHub. Way more than Stubhub and YTE combined this time last year. I'm still going back and forth With StubHub over this 5% vs 10% sales commission. They haven't been able to give me a straight answer yet and they are still taking 10% out. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

Addicted Member

I'm with you on this. I've had a good amount of sales so far on StubHub. Way more than Stubhub and YTE combined this time last year. I'm still going back and forth With StubHub over this 5% vs 10% sales commission. They haven't been able to give me a straight answer yet and they are still taking 10% out. Has anyone else had any luck with this?
    I cant even get a straight answer from the Yankees.

I agree that sales have begun to pick up as we move closer to opening day and I have seen a decent pickup in sales at Vivid.

Quote Originally Posted by nylarry View Post
    Where are your seats?
    420C Row 1

I intend to buy through StubHub but likely not until a day or two before the game at the earliest. First game will be on 4/15 vs cardinals but will let the market come to me.

A bit off topic- anybody ever get accused of selling bad tickets by Stubhub because a buyer claimed they were already scanned although you knew your tickets were completely legitimate? Any tips?
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Devoted Member

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...90144710963831
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Forum Regular

I just made my first sale of the season on StubHub using the PayPal payment option. Commission was 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    I just made my first sale of the season on StubHub using the PayPal payment option. Commission was 10%.

After a few weeks going back and forth stubhub finally sent me another payment to correct the mistake. they gave me one lump sum for the extra 5% they took out for all of my sales so far this season. They said their IT department is still working on this issue and if I get another sale to call them and they will pay me the extra 5%. They said they left a note on my account so that I don't have to do this whole thing over and over again.

Its great that they are giving me the extra 5% but I shouldn't have to go though this and have to call them every time I make a sale. I am clearly not the only one who this is happening to but I wonder if many people have been calling them enough to correct it.

Does anyone know if I have to delete StubHub listings if I plan on using a particular game as an exchange?

Thread Information