+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 198 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 194 195 196 197 198 LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 4926
  1. #4901

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Don't forget the $10 hot chocolates.
    On TV I saw a vendor in the Fenway stands selling Clam Chowder ... when will the Yankees start selling soup? Manhattan Clam Chowder or Matzoh Ball Soup would be very NY flavors.

    I'll take a $15 soup to go with my $4.17 ticket please

  2. #4902
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    On TV I saw a vendor in the Fenway stands selling Clam Chowder ... when will the Yankees start selling soup? Manhattan Clam Chowder or Matzoh Ball Soup would be very NY flavors.

    I'll take a $15 soup to go with my $4.17 ticket please
    $15? Must be on sale!

  3. #4903

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    $15? Must be on sale!
    and free soup refills for Jim Beam season ticket holders!

  4. #4904
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    They would probably charge $25 for soup.

    I was surprised at the cost of the hot chocolate (sold by a vendor who came down into the seats), but it was a huge, hot mugful, and it was just what my friend and I needed at that point in the game. It was worth every penny.

    I was there on opening night and asked for hot chocolate from one of the "Fan Favorites" stands. They were out, but they had coffee. That was only $5.

  5. #4905
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Just noticed this when I was managing some tickets

    The Yankees may refuse to sell to any person/entity that violates New York law and may revoke any ticket license relating to any ticket account that violates New York law. Please be advised that THE RESALE OF FIVE (5) OR MORE TICKETS WITHOUT HAVING FIRST PROCURED A LICENSE FROM THE NEW YORK SECRETARY OF STATE IS UNLAWFUL AND PUNISHABLE BY IMPRISONMENT OF UP TO ONE (1) YEAR AND FINES OF UP TO $4,000.00 OR MORE. The Yankees reserve the right to require proof of a properly issued New York Ticket Reseller License.

  6. #4906
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Just noticed this when I was managing some tickets

    The Yankees may refuse to sell to any person/entity that violates New York law and may revoke any ticket license relating to any ticket account that violates New York law. Please be advised that THE RESALE OF FIVE (5) OR MORE TICKETS WITHOUT HAVING FIRST PROCURED A LICENSE FROM THE NEW YORK SECRETARY OF STATE IS UNLAWFUL AND PUNISHABLE BY IMPRISONMENT OF UP TO ONE (1) YEAR AND FINES OF UP TO $4,000.00 OR MORE. The Yankees reserve the right to require proof of a properly issued New York Ticket Reseller License.
    Someone posted that a few days ago, but I had not seen the revoking license bit. From a layman's perspective, that ironically seems illegal on the part of the Yankees. The analogy I would use is the tenant who stops paying rent. You have the right to evict him but you can't touch his stuff or kick him out until the courts rule that he is in violation of the lease and after full due process.

    Resellers may be limited to reselling 5 tickets per game without a license (officially, but to my knowledge zero people have ever been prosecuted), however it is not up to the Yankees to enforce that law. Further, under that very same quoted law (New York Arts and Cultural Affairs ß 25.30), the Yankees would be committing a misdemeanor by revoking or denying tickets based on a consumer reselling tickets. Teams are not allowed to punish you in any way for reselling tickets at any price.

    I would also make the observation that the Yankees are shooting themselves in the foot. They have a delusional sense of valuation for their tickets, prices for the vast majority of seats are at or above market value. They should be kissing the feet of people who buy 5+ tickets for resale as they are unpaid armies of amateur ticket brokers pushing their product.

  7. #4907
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Someone posted that a few days ago, but I had not seen the revoking license bit. From a layman's perspective, that ironically seems illegal on the part of the Yankees. The analogy I would use is the tenant who stops paying rent. You have the right to evict him but you can't touch his stuff or kick him out until the courts rule that he is in violation of the lease and after full due process.

    Resellers may be limited to reselling 5 tickets per game without a license (officially, but to my knowledge zero people have ever been prosecuted), however it is not up to the Yankees to enforce that law. Further, under that very same quoted law (New York Arts and Cultural Affairs ß 25.30), the Yankees would be committing a misdemeanor by revoking or denying tickets based on a consumer reselling tickets. Teams are not allowed to punish you in any way for reselling tickets at any price.

    I would also make the observation that the Yankees are shooting themselves in the foot. They have a delusional sense of valuation for their tickets, prices for the vast majority of seats are at or above market value. They should be kissing the feet of people who buy 5+ tickets for resale as they are unpaid armies of amateur ticket brokers pushing their product.
    Delusional is a good word to describe their ticketing regime.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

  8. #4908

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Someone posted that a few days ago, but I had not seen the revoking license bit. From a layman's perspective, that ironically seems illegal on the part of the Yankees. The analogy I would use is the tenant who stops paying rent. You have the right to evict him but you can't touch his stuff or kick him out until the courts rule that he is in violation of the lease and after full due process.

    Resellers may be limited to reselling 5 tickets per game without a license (officially, but to my knowledge zero people have ever been prosecuted), however it is not up to the Yankees to enforce that law. Further, under that very same quoted law (New York Arts and Cultural Affairs ß 25.30), the Yankees would be committing a misdemeanor by revoking or denying tickets based on a consumer reselling tickets. Teams are not allowed to punish you in any way for reselling tickets at any price.

    I would also make the observation that the Yankees are shooting themselves in the foot. They have a delusional sense of valuation for their tickets, prices for the vast majority of seats are at or above market value. They should be kissing the feet of people who buy 5+ tickets for resale as they are unpaid armies of amateur ticket brokers pushing their product.
    Thank you for posting the legal citation, New York Arts and Cultural Affairs ß 25.30

    I've read it again

  9. #4909
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Is there any way to tell on vivid/stubhub which field MVP come with club access? Vivid calls them "Field Dugout" but none of the notes have any mention whatsoever of the MVP club

  10. #4910

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Bleachers section 202, two tickets I just paid $38 total (fees included) vs Houston on the 29th. Not mad one bit for a Tues night.

    I could have had first-row Section 108 (RF corner, practically on the field with Judge) but I didn't want to drop $150. Over $30 worth of fees .

  11. #4911
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    Bleachers section 202, two tickets I just paid $38 total (fees included) vs Houston on the 29th. Not mad one bit for a Tues night.

    I could have had first-row Section 108 (RF corner, practically on the field with Judge) but I didn't want to drop $150. Over $30 worth of fees .
    There are a lot of Yankee discounts for Houston series (Memorial day hangover) so downward pressure on prices and creates bargains. Nice buy.

  12. #4912

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    There are a lot of Yankee discounts for Houston series (Memorial day hangover) so downward pressure on prices and creates bargains. Nice buy.
    I didn't connect the date until I questioned why they were playing at 1:05 the day before. Was still surprised to see them so cheap, being that it's vs Houston.

    All my GF cares about is getting her bucket of chicken tenders and fries lol. I'm just happy to finally get to a game this season.

  13. #4913
    Forum Regular
    Fiftysixthst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    I was just looking at my SH listings and noticed that a previously unsold game had now been sold. However, I was not notified by email at the time of the sale and still have not been notified. Has anyone else experienced this? Many thanks!

  14. #4914

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    I was just looking at my SH listings and noticed that a previously unsold game had now been sold. However, I was not notified by email at the time of the sale and still have not been notified. Has anyone else experienced this? Many thanks!
    Yes, it just happened to me yesterday. I will call their 800 number shortly to ask why.

  15. #4915
    Forum Regular
    Fiftysixthst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Greetings...I purchased a pair of tickets on TM and they dutifully appeared moments later in my Yankees Account. However, they are marked "Not Available for Action" so I cannot post them for sale on SH. Does anyone know if and when that restriction will expire? I'm pretty sure I have done this before so it is a bit confusing. Many thanks!

  16. #4916
    Forum Regular
    Fiftysixthst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Yes, it just happened to me yesterday. I will call their 800 number shortly to ask why.
    My e-mail finally did arrive a few days later.

  17. #4917
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    Greetings...I purchased a pair of tickets on TM and they dutifully appeared moments later in my Yankees Account. However, they are marked "Not Available for Action" so I cannot post them for sale on SH. Does anyone know if and when that restriction will expire? I'm pretty sure I have done this before so it is a bit confusing. Many thanks!
    You can list on SH but indicate you wonít have until 48 hrs before the game. At that point you should be able to see bar codes for tickets which you can enter for a sale you made on SH

  18. #4918

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Had a SH sale last night and no email advising me, good thing I saw the pop up on my iPhone

  19. #4919
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post

    All my GF cares about is getting her bucket of chicken tenders and fries lol. I'm just happy to finally get to a game this season.


    put a ring on it
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

  20. #4920

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    If i buy first data gold tickets for tonight on stubhub, does that include any food? Thanks

  21. #4921

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    All,

    Want to share a problem I had with StubHub. Had a listed for yesterday's game. I was monitoring the situation, and pricing accordingly.

    My listing disappeared (I was no longer able to manage it) between 5 and 5:30pm. My seats were no longer on the event map. I thought the tickets sold. They didn't show up in completed sales. However, I got no email advising me they sold. (I've had to wait for that email confirmation for up to 15 minutes in the past, so didn't think nothing of it.) I had things to do, and didn't follow up.

    Today, no email. No sale. No "expired" listing in my StubHub account. So I open up a chat session. Chat agent tells me the listing expired. My Yankees account states that StubHub still has the tickets, so they weren't released back to me when the listing expired (like the chat agent advised they would) and the barcodes were not reassigned (like in a sale).

    They told me the listing expired at first pitch.

    Apparently the chat agent told me that there is a bug in their system and if you edit price and the listing disappears, you'll need to contact them immediately.

    So I am SOL.

    Thought you'd all like to know and be aware of it.

  22. #4922
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    All,

    Want to share a problem I had with StubHub. Had a listed for yesterday's game. I was monitoring the situation, and pricing accordingly.

    My listing disappeared (I was no longer able to manage it) between 5 and 5:30pm. My seats were no longer on the event map. I thought the tickets sold. They didn't show up in completed sales. However, I got no email advising me they sold. (I've had to wait for that email confirmation for up to 15 minutes in the past, so didn't think nothing of it.) I had things to do, and didn't follow up.

    Today, no email. No sale. No "expired" listing in my StubHub account. So I open up a chat session. Chat agent tells me the listing expired. My Yankees account states that StubHub still has the tickets, so they weren't released back to me when the listing expired (like the chat agent advised they would) and the barcodes were not reassigned (like in a sale).

    They told me the listing expired at first pitch.

    Apparently the chat agent told me that there is a bug in their system and if you edit price and the listing disappears, you'll need to contact them immediately.

    So I am SOL.

    Thought you'd all like to know and be aware of it.
    Sorry for your pain but appreciate your heads up

  23. #4923

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Sorry for your pain but appreciate your heads up
    Thanks. Itís not the busted sale issue. I know the world is an imperfect place. I am more disgusted with the chat agentís response. Tell me it broke right away. Donít tell me to reboot and refresh... I ended my chat by telling the agent that I donít expect to call them every time I think I made a sale, nor do I think they expect us to verify every sale with a call or chat...

  24. #4924
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Thanks. Itís not the busted sale issue. I know the world is an imperfect place. I am more disgusted with the chat agentís response. Tell me it broke right away. Donít tell me to reboot and refresh... I ended my chat by telling the agent that I donít expect to call them every time I think I made a sale, nor do I think they expect us to verify every sale with a call or chat...
    You should be able to get this resolved pretty quickly if you call up the 800 number and demand a supervisor. Describe the admission by the chat rep and explain everything. You will be able to extract seller fee credit in the amount of the net loss on those tickets if you play it well

  25. #4925

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    All,

    there is a bug in their system and if you edit price and the listing disappears, you'll need to contact them immediately.


    Thought you'd all like to know and be aware of it.
    I edit prices all the time and listings have not disappeared. Did they tell you there are any other parameters that cause the bug?

    Are you listing on StubHub directly or via SkyBox?

    Getting a credit for a future purchase is a painless way for StubHub to give you a credit.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts