+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 192 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Addicted Member

Re: The StubHub Thread

1 day out and prices remain sky high. I know it's a high demand game but the last couple of years have shown that if you wait patiently prices will drop. Maybe the pendulum is swinging back in the sellers favor.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Ok so I dropped my 4 full season tickets and kept a handful of partial plan games in the bleachers to keep seniority & some playoff rights. I've had some of those tickets listed on StubHub for a couple months and below face value (some 50% under), and how many sales do you think I have so far?

Ziltch.

Yep, that's right, no sales. Tickets just aren't moving at all. Believe it or not I think this year may be worse than last year for sellers. I think those that dropped plans to buy in game by game will be pleasantly surprised and rewarded this season
    I have a Sat+ plan in 420B (2 tix) and so far have sold 4 of the 7 games I listed at about $30/ticket. My brother takes the 3 mid-week games, which eliminates that hassle.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by jlevin View Post
    1 day out and prices remain sky high. I know it's a high demand game but the last couple of years have shown that if you wait patiently prices will drop. Maybe the pendulum is swinging back in the sellers favor.
    Friday + great weather + star-powered Angels = higher demand.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    I tried to send you a PM and received a message that your In Box is full........ As for ticket sales, rely on friends, colleagues and family and offer them a discount..... I am in the same boat you are in......... Good luck!
    Stubhub sales are almost zero for me (except the home opener), but I've been able to sell to people directly so I've basically sold all my tickets and made a few hundred bucks NET on top of that, and I get to go to opening day & bat day for free. Anything else I'll just pick up on stubhub the day of game. You just need to know how to work the system

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlevin View Post
    Weather and day of week is the biggest factor in keeping prices high for an in-demand game. Even in the last couple years, there was always some random weekend game where the cheapest ticket was like $100 at cutoff. But that doesn't change that there's something like 60+ games available at substantially below face value, and we'll see plenty of $0.99 tickets.

You have keep an eye on the big picture and ask yourself, do the sales of popular games (that you don't get to go to, by the way) net you enough to cover the loses from all the other games, and make it worth your while to be an almost full time amateur ticket broker? It just doesn't add up, there's no value there the Yankees have taken all the meat off the bone for large ticket plans

But for OD keep an eye right up to 11 am tomorrow, if there's going to be deals it'll be at the last possible second where someone can't get to the game and is going to eat them if he can't sell them for whatever he can right there

Make the Yankees great again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Also, many kids are on a Spring break. Even the Mets drew 34,000 for their afternoon game yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Dont expect the pricing will be lowering anytime soon.

About 500 tickets moved since 9am this morning. As the supply dries up, the price will be even worst!

I guess it is a sellers' market for the time being - at least they can recover some from those season packages!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Dont expect the pricing will be lowering anytime soon.

About 500 tickets moved since 9am this morning. As the supply dries up, the price will be even worst!
    I think that's probably going to be right this year. Purchases are accelerating and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some all time record prices for a regular season game.

But this is a self-correcting market. If prices get too high and word gets around, people who were planning to go will decide to sell to make the cash and just go another time. It all comes down to how high prices go and how badly they want to be at the game. Equilibrium should be around $100, with the lowest prices possibly topping off around $150

I think that's probably going to be right this year. Purchases are accelerating and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some all time record prices for a regular season game.

But this is a self-correcting market. If prices get too high and word gets around, people who were planning to go will decide to sell to make the cash and just go another time. It all comes down to how high prices go and how badly they want to be at the game. Equilibrium should be around $100, with the lowest prices possibly topping off around $150

This remind me of the "buy low and sell high" days.

Most pending "new" sellers might want to calculate the fees before jumping on the selling wagon. Chances are they paid "medium" and they might make 25% here and there. Most of tickets were sold at least 2x-3x over before - so if they sell .25x over, they will make some but not alot.

This one time, I wished I had holdout and wait. Oh well, cant be greedy and rock the boat!

It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Wow looks like no opening day for me, def not paying $120+ for a crappy ticket when I can go to the next 5-6 games for that amount
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Wow looks like no opening day for me, def not paying $120+ for a crappy ticket when I can go to the next 5-6 games for that amount

You can still go to the stadium and catch the game from outside!

Or if you get lucky, someone will have extra tickets to give away - I seen those many times before. Most will be right by the gate entrance - so go and hang out there and you might get a FREE single here and there!

I thought $55 for bleachers were CRAZY a couple weeks ago - but damn, now it is $125 for OV bleacher!

It will be "different" this year due to many reasons.

1. Not so many SH unloading their unwanted. If anything, it is the Yankees doing the unloading. Talking about going fishing in the small pond!

2. Most if not all SH buyers are out-of-state or those have no patience - so they will pay whatever seem to be reasonable - to make sure they have tickets in hand along with their flight tickets.

3. Not all of them are willing to wait for Yankees to release reasonable tickets.

4. As usual, april through june mid-week games will be slow but if mother nature willing to cooperate, weekend games would be a nice recovery!

5. No Boston games in April through June, now this is ALWAYS a plus for sellers!

You can still go to the stadium and catch the game from outside!

Or if you get lucky, someone will have extra tickets to give away - I seen those many times before. Most will be right by the gate entrance - so go and hang out there and you might get a FREE single here and there!

I thought $55 for bleachers were CRAZY a couple weeks ago - but damn, now it is $125 for OV bleacher!
    Yeah, I don't nearly have that type of luck

I'll probably end up waiting till last second to find a deal. It just makes no type of sense to pay 6x retail to watch Kuroda. If I don't go tomorrow I'll be there the rest of the homestand

Devoted Member

I'm stalking SH and Ebay for Saturday tickets. Above face so far for the most part on SH (at least for 4 tickets together).

Yeah, I don't nearly have that type of luck

I'll probably end up waiting till last second to find a deal. It just makes no type of sense to pay 6x retail to watch Kuroda. If I don't go tomorrow I'll be there the rest of the homestand

Almost 200 tickets sold for the last hour or so!

Now, just to get in is $100 and those are SRO tickets only!

If you really want to go and dont mind SRO, I can get a couple SRO for $75 or so! Only if you REALLY REALLY wanted to go of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    I'm stalking SH and Ebay for Saturday tickets. Above face so far for the most part on SH (at least for 4 tickets together).

I would stay away from eBay if it was me! It will takes months if not more to get your payment refunded when you are rejected at the gate for bad tickets.

A lot of scammers are stalking eBay with a quick buy-it-now (most of them will be PRIVATE sale) and they will forward you seem legit tickets until you get to the gate!

Almost 200 tickets sold for the last hour or so!

Now, just to get in is $100 and those are SRO tickets only!

If you really want to go and dont mind SRO, I can get a couple SRO for $75 or so! Only if you REALLY REALLY wanted to go of course!

at this point i'd settle for $75 tix. PM me if you're serious

at this point i'd settle for $75 tix. PM me if you're serious

Oh, I can get!

Drop by Bald Vinny table when you are at the stadium, he should have some extras or his buddies would!

They always do!

Devoted Member

I would stay away from eBay if it was me! It will takes months if not more to get your payment refunded when you are rejected at the gate for bad tickets.

A lot of scammers are stalking eBay with a quick buy-it-now (most of them will be PRIVATE sale) and they will forward you seem legit tickets until you get to the gate!
    That would suck. There's always a risk, but I always check the seller ratings and reviews before I make a bid. If they are 99% and better and other buyers have given them good reviews on tickets sold I feel comfortable making a bid. So far I've been lucky and haven't had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    That would suck. There's always a risk, but I always check the seller ratings and reviews before I make a bid. If they are 99% and better and other buyers have given them good reviews on tickets sold I feel comfortable making a bid. So far I've been lucky and haven't had any issues.
    Plus with paypal its pretty easy to do a chargeback in a situation like that because it would clearly be a scam.

Plus with paypal its pretty easy to do a chargeback in a situation like that because it would clearly be a scam.

I dont know about that!

I had two bad experiences - it took them over six months to refund the purchase amount! So, thanks but no thanks!

Another thing, paypal doesnt like the charge-back option when buyer(s) use them!

I dont know about that!

I had two bad experiences - it took them over six months to refund the purchase amount! So, thanks but no thanks!

Another thing, paypal doesnt like the charge-back option when buyer(s) use them!
    I know, but its out of their hands. You do a chargeback through your credit card company.

I know, but its out of their hands. You do a chargeback through your credit card company.

If you buy from a power seller on ebay you shouldnt have a problem.. And ebay now has buyer protection..

Oh, I can get!

Drop by Bald Vinny table when you are at the stadium, he should have some extras or his buddies would!

They always do!
    Yea they always do for orioles mide week etc.. But most likely not for opening day,,,, the creatures sell on stubhub

NYYF Legend

cheapest price up to $143 (obstructed bleachers). If anyone has extra tickets or would rather have the money, this is when they're going to start listing them

Thread Information