+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 196 197 198 199
Results 4,951 to 4,959 of 4959
    Devoted Member

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    More of the same for tonight, Legends for $287 on Vivid.
    Often times if you login in on vivid and put tickets in cart but not buy you will get a link for 10% off

More of the same for tonight, Legends for $287 on Vivid.
    Down to $227. Going going.....

Down to $227. Going going.....
    $204 now.

Do all the seats listed as legends on stubhub giving you access to the food and drinks area?? I wanted to take my parents as a gift since my dad is a big fan and the food could keep my mom busy who is not very interested in sports.

Don't want to buy legends seats and then look like a fool by being told I have no access

Yes. All Legends on StubHub come with access to food and drink area.

NYYF Legend

TicketNetwork suing New York to make sure sellers can sell tickets not yet in their possession:

https://www.ticketnews.com/2018/09/t...orney-general/

They have a point that Federal law allows plenty of other industries to do this. You take the order then find a way to fill it

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    TicketNetwork suing New York to make sure sellers can sell tickets not yet in their possession:

https://www.ticketnews.com/2018/09/t...orney-general/

They have a point that Federal law allows plenty of other industries to do this. You take the order then find a way to fill it
    Just like options trading... I am on the side of the brokers. Buyers just need to be educated.

There are some re-sellers that offer instant bar-code downloads, and there are re-sellers that don't....

Posting here since there is no Ticketmaster thread

Ticketmaster is reportedly colluding with scalpers to help them cheat its own system.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/a-p...gram-1.4828535

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Posting here since there is no Ticketmaster thread

Ticketmaster is reportedly colluding with scalpers to help them cheat its own system.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/a-p...gram-1.4828535

Nothing new.. Where there is a dollar, there is a way.

This kind of reminds me how scalpers used to get great tickets (first 10 rows) to concerts back in the days before the internet. I read a story about a person who was involved in it, and worked at Tower on 4th and Broadway.

The scalpers would pay a big premium for those great seats, and brought the TicketMaster Outlet Operators in on it. There was a reason that they only took cash at the counter. Well, really two. 1.) Credit cards slowed up the process. 2.) Cash was not traceable.

What they'd do was rig the computer to continue to pull tickets for a second "added" show that wasn't previously on sale as soon as the computer would let them, which was typically before it would be "announced." For about 10 minutes, it would pull the max number of tickets, and print print print. Once those good seats were gone, the rest would be sold to the public waiting on line. If a customer asked, "What's that noise?" The counter operators would reply, "Bookkeeping and accounting receipts..." and nobody would know.

So, the TM counter operator now had dozens if not hundreds of GREAT tickets to a show, but his drawer was short. So he'd need to find a way to:
    1. Get the tickets out of the store.
    2. Get the money from the scalper.
    3. Get the money his drawer was short back into the store before his shift ended.

He'd end up making his rent and spending money for the month on days when a big show was on-sale at the TM Outlet....

Thread Information