+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 199 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 4959
    Devoted Member

Re: The StubHub Thread

Stubhub renews partnership with major league baseball to continue as the
    official fan to fan ticket marketplace of mlb.com and mlb clubs

Yesterday made my first sale on splitseasontickets.com to add to several Yankee ticket sales on StubHub in the past month. Substantially more Yankees ticket sales at this time of year than any previous year.

Who else is selling tickets now? How much higher do you think the price of Yankees tickets will be on the secondary market in 2018? Or will StubHub prices during the 2018 season be about the same as the 2017 season?

Devoted Member

Recently I have been able to list concerts and other events on Stubhub as mobile transfer. I wonder if we will be able to do mobile transfer for Yankee games like on Vivid

Ticket broker suing Yankees for $1 million

ACS Ticket Co., a Maryland-based ticket broker, is suing the Yankees for $1 million after they claimed the club reneged on a sale of nearly $500,000 worth of tickets.

Lawyers who representing ASC claim the Yankees revoked the 52 season tickets because of the broker's intention to resell them. ASC purchased the tickets for $440,885 in November but claim they were told last month via email by the Yankees the tickets were being taken back and their money refunded.

In the email, the club explained that ASC's "buying behavior does not fit [the Yankees] criteria."

The suit alleges that "the Yankees' so-called 'criteria' concerning Plaintiffs' 'buying behavior' is obviously nothing more than a disguise for their illegal policy of targeting and taking inventory away from ticket resellers."

A Bronx County judge granted a temporary restraining order Tuesday, holding 49 of the 52 tickets.

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/tick...lion/268131830

I wonder where the 52 seats are located.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Ticket broker suing Yankees for $1 million

ACS Ticket Co., a Maryland-based ticket broker, is suing the Yankees for $1 million after they claimed the club reneged on a sale of nearly $500,000 worth of tickets.

Lawyers who representing ASC claim the Yankees revoked the 52 season tickets because of the broker's intention to resell them. ASC purchased the tickets for $440,885 in November but claim they were told last month via email by the Yankees the tickets were being taken back and their money refunded.

In the email, the club explained that ASC's "buying behavior does not fit [the Yankees] criteria."

The suit alleges that "the Yankees' so-called 'criteria' concerning Plaintiffs' 'buying behavior' is obviously nothing more than a disguise for their illegal policy of targeting and taking inventory away from ticket resellers."

A Bronx County judge granted a temporary restraining order Tuesday, holding 49 of the 52 tickets.

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/tick...lion/268131830

Quote Originally Posted by nylarry View Post
    I wonder where the 52 seats are located.
    As per NY Daily News, Sections 126, 127A and - quote - 300 level nosebleeds.

A more detailed article link below. I always imagine the conference room meeting of several executives when they decide a really poor decision is a great idea. This decision results in the Yankees breaking the law, getting terrible press and will be expensive in the long run. Just another day in the back office.

http://ampthemag.com/the-real/ticket...eason-tickets/

Highlights include:

"In the suit, lawyers for ASC said “The Yankees detest the free market” and reneged on the purchase “in order for the Yankees to hoard the tickets for themselves and charge artificially inflated prices to the detriment of (ASC) and the public at large.”

“If the company can’t fulfill orders, it is going to adversely impact them with the consumers and the public on these ticket exchanges,” Hutcher said. “If you post a ticket, you need to be able to deliver them.”

and Lon Trost given some more good press -

"The deal came just months after Yankees COO Lon Trost caused a mini-PR crisis after he criticized StubHub for allowing fans to buy premium tickets at cheap prices, forcing wealthy fans who paid full price to mingle with “someone who has never sat in a premium location.”

Forum Regular

Greetings! For tickets purchased during the pre-onsales and public onsale, what are the chances of getting the barcodes sooner than 48-hours before the game? Does anyone know how to get these? Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    Greetings! For tickets purchased during the pre-onsales and public onsale, what are the chances of getting the barcodes sooner than 48-hours before the game? Does anyone know how to get these? Many thanks!
    Hard tickets have the bar codes sooner

I'm more than likely just buying tix through Seat Geek/StubHub again.

Yesterday made my first sale on splitseasontickets.com to add to several Yankee ticket sales on StubHub in the past month. Substantially more Yankees ticket sales at this time of year than any previous year.

Who else is selling tickets now? How much higher do you think the price of Yankees tickets will be on the secondary market in 2018? Or will StubHub prices during the 2018 season be about the same as the 2017 season?
    First time seeing that SST.com site. Really cool idea.

Just logged into my NYY Account to check something for the first time in months.

New TOS/T&C pop-up appeared. So I started to scroll through it.
    I noticed something new. I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong, but it would seem that the Yankees are stating that they reserve the right to punish the Licensee if "too many bad scans" show up at the gate...

Any attempt by two or more persons to gain admission to the Stadium with both a cancelled Ticket originally issued to the Licensee and any Ticket re-issued whether as part of a resale transaction and/or otherwise transferred by Licensee constitutes a violation and material breach of the Ticket License. Accordingly, the Licensee should control and supervise the use, resale and transfer of all Ticket(s) so that the Ticket License is not violated and/or breached.

The New York Yankees may take any action that we deem appropriate in our sole discretion (including, without limitation, issuing a warning, temporarily or permanently suspending an Account and/or any Account Benefits, denying access to an Account and/or any Account Benefits) if: (a) Licensee breaches the Ticket License or the terms of use relating to the Account and/or Account Benefits; (b) Licensee or any person in possession of any Ticket(s) fails to or is unwilling to cooperate with any investigation into any breach of the Ticket License or violation of the terms of use relating to the Account and/or Account Benefits; (c) the New York Yankees are unable to verify or authenticate any information Licensee provides concerning the Account; (d) the New York Yankees believe that Licensee's conduct may cause legal liability for Licensee or for the New York Yankees; or (e) to the extent the New York Yankees may deem necessary for the protection of the safety of patrons or to address fraud or misconduct.
    With the Yankees banning PDF tickets, I don't see this being that big of a deal, but you never know.... I guess you still run the risk of using a stock hard ticket for a game that you e-transferred....

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Just logged into my NYY Account to check something for the first time in months.

I noticed something new. I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong, but it would seem that the Yankees are stating that they reserve the right to punish the Licensee if "too many bad scans" show up at the gate...

With the Yankees banning PDF tickets, I don't see this being that big of a deal, but you never know.... I guess you still run the risk of using a stock hard ticket for a game that you e-transferred....
    Thanks for the heads up

The complaint about PDFs is that they can be printed out many times and easily duplicated. The QR code can be screenshotted and texted to multiple people just as easily.

They want to know who is in the seat and capture their information so they can market to them.

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    The complaint about PDFs is that they can be printed out many times and easily duplicated. The QR code can be screenshotted and texted to multiple people just as easily.
    This is the IRONY of the war the Yankees waged for years on StubHub with Yankee Ticket Exchange - Mobile tickets vs. PDFs - Print At Home tickets, that you may also screenshot and text or share via Apple Wallet mobile tickets to 1000s of people.

As opening day approaches lets' not forget the brains behind the war, Lonn Trost's famous WFAN interview recounted in this article

Yankees COO Defends New Ticketing Policy Like A True Rich Asshole

https://deadspin.com/yankees-coo-def...-ri-1759975895

Forum Regular

Looking to sell Terrace OD pairs *not* on SH for my cost. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Addicted Member

Did anybody notice this in the T&Cs when logging in to their account:

New York law PROVIDES THAT: (a) the Resale of five (5) or more Tickets without having first procured a license from the New York Secretary of State is unlawful and punishable by imprisonment of up to one (1) year and fines OF up to $4,000.00 or MORE; (b) the use of any machine, device, computer program or computer software that navigates or runs automated tasks on retail ticket purchasing websites in order to bypass security measures to purchase Tickets is illegal; and (c) “the Resale of any Ticket within one thousand five hundred (1,500) feet from the physical structure of the Stadium (including any building or other structure at which Tickets are offered for first sale to the public) under penalty of law.” LICENSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE PROOF OF A PROPERLY ISSUED NEW YORK TICKET RESELLER LICENSE.

Curious how they selectively enforce that one.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    Did anybody notice this in the T&Cs when logging in to their account:

New York law PROVIDES THAT: (a) the Resale of five (5) or more Tickets without having first procured a license from the New York Secretary of State is unlawful and punishable by imprisonment of up to one (1) year and fines OF up to $4,000.00 or MORE; (b) the use of any machine, device, computer program or computer software that navigates or runs automated tasks on retail ticket purchasing websites in order to bypass security measures to purchase Tickets is illegal; and (c) “the Resale of any Ticket within one thousand five hundred (1,500) feet from the physical structure of the Stadium (including any building or other structure at which Tickets are offered for first sale to the public) under penalty of law.” LICENSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE PROOF OF A PROPERLY ISSUED NEW YORK TICKET RESELLER LICENSE.

Curious how they selectively enforce that one.

Is that five tickets total over your whole life? Five to one event? Five at one venue?

Well, you can read the resale laws here:
    https://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/law...etReseller.pdf

Apparently selling five or more to one event makes you a speculator....

You'd think government would have better ways to spend tax dollars then chasing down those who resell tickets... Geesh..

First thing I notice at the link is this "
    *NB Effective until May 15, 2015"

so not current?

Is that five tickets total over your whole life? Five to one event? Five at one venue?

Well, you can read the resale laws here:
    https://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/law...etReseller.pdf

Apparently selling five or more to one event makes you a speculator....

You'd think government would have better ways to spend tax dollars then chasing down those who resell tickets... Geesh..

First thing I notice at the link is this "
    *NB Effective until May 15, 2015"

so not current?
    Well, the cover page reads June 2016, so who knows? That is why lawyers charge big bank...

Addicted Member

so much for the YANKEES UNIVERSE

(c) Licensee must be a legal resident, domiciled and/or have a principal place of business located in the Territory

“Territory” means: (i) the State of New York; (ii) the State of Connecticut; (iii) the State of New Jersey; and (iv) the State of Pennsylvania.

It is a new world this year.
    Last edited by kobak8; 03-28-18 at 03:29 PM. Reason: About season tickets, not Yankees Universe membership

YANKEES UNIVERSE

(c) Licensee must be a legal resident, domiciled and/or have a principal place of business located in the Territory

“Territory” means: (i) the State of New York; (ii) the State of Connecticut; (iii) the State of New Jersey; and (iv) the State of Pennsylvania.

It is a new world this year.

Couldn't that be considered discrimination? I wonder how many "out-of-territory" licensees were on that mailing list that leaked out a few years ago, and how much of their business comes through those channels...

So I can live in extreme Western Pennsylvania, and legally be a licensee some 400 miles away, but cannot live in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, which is less than 200 miles away... Crazy...

NYYF Legend

Did anybody notice this in the T&Cs when logging in to their account
    stubhub account or Yankees account?

And FYI, to my knowledge nobody has been prosecuted in the 10 years this law has been in place for flipping over 5 tickets to any game without a license. IMO they would only use it as a hammer if you were conning someone or running a bad operation.

The "effective until" part is a mechanism to have the law renewed on a regular basis. They usually add to it but mostly leave it alone. There is a current version "effective until" a future date.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    stubhub account or Yankees account?

And FYI, to my knowledge nobody has been prosecuted in the 10 years this law has been in place for flipping over 5 tickets to any game without a license. IMO they would only use it as a hammer if you were conning someone or running a bad operation.

The "effective until" part is a mechanism to have the law renewed on a regular basis. They usually add to it but mostly leave it alone. There is a current version "effective until" a future date.
    This is NYY verbiage.

Stub Hub policy:

What happens if events are postponed or rescheduled?

When events are officially postponed and rescheduled:

- You'll get an email notification once the details are confirmed.
    - We'll provide any info we have on the rescheduled date.
    - If you can't attend the rescheduled date(s), you can resell your tickets on StubHub.

Stub Hub policy:

What happens if events are postponed or rescheduled?

When events are officially postponed and rescheduled:

- You'll get an email notification once the details are confirmed.
    - We'll provide any info we have on the rescheduled date.
    - If you can't attend the rescheduled date(s), you can resell your tickets on StubHub.
    If you are a seller, there is no impact unless the event is CANCELLED. If the event is cancelled, the seller gets their barcodes back, and the buyer is refunded what he/she paid.

If you are a BUYER, and the game POSTPONED, the tickets you bought are good for the make-up date. You will not get a refund. You, as the buyer, can re-sell the tickets if you elect NOT to go to the rescheduled event. If you are a seller, then there is no impact. You sold your tickets, and you get paid whatever the buyer paid for them.

This policy, which differs from the policy if you buy direct from the team, prevents someone from buying blocks of dollar/discounted tickets and cashing them in as rain-checks at their "face" value.

Thread Information