+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Re: New teams lottery for 2012

I can't log in either, and (in case it's me screwing up...) their password reminder is not working either. As I posted earlier, they're moving to new servers, so there may be some time when things don't completely work...

NYYF Legend

Sorry, no joy for me either. They also can't spell:

"Sales are currently closed. We will be re-opening soon.
    Until then, you may use your gamedayritual account to participate in our fourm."

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Gentelmen,
    I am Cabrera! Good call on the exclamation point. Costanza speaks very highly of this league so I appreciate the opportunity to join.

Iowa Yankee

Quote Originally Posted by ChooChooTrain View Post
    Gentelmen,
    I am Cabrera! Good call on the exclamation point. Costanza speaks very highly of this league so I appreciate the opportunity to join.
    Welcome aboard.

NYYF Legend

OK, we're nearly there, just need one more owner and we're set. The league is renewed, and I've paid up. If we can get a new owner to replace the missing dgreco, we can run this lottery and assign the final 3 teams.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

I am in if the spot is still available. The format sounds fun and exciting. You need my email adress Sax?

NYYF Legend

Yes I do!

I'll run the new teams lottery in a few hours, then - Cabrera!, Black Sabbathia and w+c=f will each get one randomly assigned team, from which they can either continue the franchise, or dump the whole roster and start again from scratch . . .

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Legend

OK, here we go.

3 teams to be allocated:

1) Dirty Sanchez
    2) Romanian Yankees
    3) Ubaldo Beavers

First up alphabetically, Black Sabbathia. Random.org says . . .

1) Dirty Sanchez!

Next, Cabrera! Random.org allocates . . .

2) Romanian Yankees!

Next, wang+cano=future. Random.org isn't relevant now (just to check that random.org was working and not just counting, I ran a few more numbers - the full sequence was 1, 2, 1, 1, 3, 1, 3), so w+c=f gets the Ubaldo Beavers!

There you go - you can find your rosters in the 2011 round-up thread on this sub-forum. Be sure to sign up to GameDayRitual, and I'll update the owners list.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

As the proud new owner of the Romanian Yankees, since I signed up for GDR, what must I do to take formal control?

Will send payment this evening.

All the best,
    ChooChoo Train a.k.a Cabrera!

NYYF Legend

All you need to do is sign up for GameDayRitual.com. In your inbox should be an invite to the league; just read it and join from that. Then you're set.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

that roster = woof!

Definitely leaning towards starting from scratch

Haha, with the limited number of guys under contract (and V-Mart likely missing the season) you're basically doing that anyway. At least with a fire sale you can shed those big contracts.

Yeah

Sax, I didn't get an e-mail yet to join the league

Thanks Sax.

One question...can I change my team name?

Sweet I'm in and all set.....Now to choose a clever name.....

NYYF Legend

Invoice sent to Black Sabbathia - I couldn't invite you until that point, but will do so in the next couple of hours. Re-naming teams (and changing the logo) should be fine, but you may need to wait until all league slots are filled by the new owners. If you can't figure out a way to do it, let me know and I'll look at my commissioner options.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Ok, I'm signed up, changed the team name to New Style, and released all (3) of my contracts via firesale.

Now how does this prospect thing work?

This setup is going to take some getting used to, not very smooth. I notice they still have Zach Wheeler listed as playing for SFN in their prospect list, but have Pineda updated to NYA.....

NYYF Legend

OK, pre-FAB transactions are now unlocked for everyone! Extend contracts, sign prospects, and start your free agent queues! Note that you need to decide whether or not to have your Fire Sale before you can make any other moves - this is on your Front Office/Contracts screen.

Prospects have a contract that auto-renews in the minor leagues every year until they make the majors. When they make the majors, you will need to sign them to a 3-year major league contract eventually, or lose them. The cost of that major league contract increases slowly as they are signed by more and more leagues in GDR - so if you were to wait and sign Jesus Montero at the end of 2012, it would be more expensive than if you signed him right now. The site shows this as a percentage against the player in your Front Office/Contracts screen.

And yes, the site is clunky. This really does seem to be a fairly low-budget operation - they are always struggling to catch up! But I do like the overall concept.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Legend

Just checking this works by signing Matt Moore and Paul Goldschmidt to major league contracts (they were both in my minor leagues from last year). Moore was signed by about 15% of the leagues out there, Goldschmidt by about 9%, and both of them agreed to $0.5M/3 years, which is the cheapest possible contract.

So unless you're holding a prospect who's been making a huge splash in the majors, you're not looking at a big spend. (I mean, Moore's not exactly a secret . . .)

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

I guess what I'm not clear on is when I go to the prospects tab it has a draft order and a draft date of Jun 9, and I can queue players, but I'm not seeing any way to outright sign anybody. Is that something that only managers with returning prospects can do? And if that is the case, does that mean Hosmer, Pineda and Freeman (listed as prospects) won't be active players in the league until June?

EDIT* I think you just answered my questions as I was posting that. No prospect signing for me.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    I guess what I'm not clear on is when I go to the prospects tab it has a draft order and a draft date of Jun 9, and I can queue players, but I'm not seeing any way to outright sign anybody. Is that something that only managers with returning prospects can do? And if that is the case, does that mean Hosmer, Pineda and Freeman (listed as prospects) won't be active players in the league until June?
    The prospects tab is for the next minor league draft for 2012. The prospects you currently have on your roster are already yours, but as you hit fire-sale, you cleaned out your roster, so you don't have any.

Hosmer, Pineda, and Freeman are both prospects and major leaguers (I know, that's weird), so you can sign them in the Free Agent Blitz, or you can draft them in the prospect draft if they go un-signed - and remain 'prospects' according to GDR in June. If so, you can then leave them in your minors, or sign them to a major-league contract right away. In those cases, I'm betting that GDR will move them to major-league status soon, so that option probably won't be there for you.

If you want to sign anyone now, it needs to be through the FAB. You'll get 5 free prospects in the June minor league draft, including some options who have played in the majors, but still have minor-league options - as if you were drafting a demoted Domonic Brown.

EDIT - and don't worry about losing your old prospects. Because you can only sign 5 minor league prospects per year, lots of great prospects never got drafted in 2011, plus there's the 2011 MLB draftees who will be available this year. So your minor leagues won't be that far behind everyone else after the 2012 minor league draft.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Okay so we can't add any unsigned prospects until the prospect draft, which is scheduled for June 9th?

For whatever reason, I don't appear to have an option to change my team name. Maybe it's because I didn't firesale?

Sax, can you do it manually?

If you have unsigned prospects on your roster, you can add them at any time (any prospect that was drafted by your franchise owner last season you may sign provided you haven't opted to do the fire sale). Any other player you won't be able to sign until the FAB (prospects that went undrafted last season, plus 2011 draftees, will be eligible to be drafted in the prospects draft on June 9).

Thread Information