+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Re: The Real World/The Challenge Thread

Big bump for tnight.

I know this is Battle of the Seasons but what kind of cast are we looking at?
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Lots of new people. 8 teams of 4 people from tue same season. No Bananas, Kenny, Evan, Paula, CT or Rachel. The past two RW seasons each have a team. My fantasy team is Alton (Vegas), Sarah (Brooklyn), Jemme (NO2), Brandon (fresh meat) EasyE and some girl from StThomas.

Austin will be fun because they have Wes and Danny and Melinda who are divorced.

Excited about the final challenge as it is in tye desert. These people really earn their prize money.

Wes needs to put the moves on Melinda. That would lead to gold.

I watched St. Thomas, who did you grab?

Well that was pretty crazy. I love all the new blood in the game, going to make the game alot more fresh then the same old people dominating it.

I can't believe Zach kissed Frank. On their season, Zach was one of the most incredibly homophobic cast members this show has ever had. However, it looks like he is going to turn that on again by going after Dustin.

Quite a few good looking chicks this season too.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Wes needs to put the moves on Melinda. That would lead to gold.

I watched St. Thomas, who did you grab?
    I got Marie, based on her performance in the St. Thomas reunion.

Good choice, and I think the St. Thomas team may stay around awhile, they are a pretty fit group.

Good choice, and I think the St. Thomas team may stay around awhile, they are a pretty fit group.
    Easy-E more than made up for his debacle in the challenge by demolishing Wes in the Arena. Holy crap that was awesome.

I'm excited about this season. I was nervous it would lose something without having Kenny/Bananas/Evan/Ev/Paula core, but the new blood is good.

You know next season Wes & CJ will be teammates.

Well that was some fun oil wrestling (thanks MTV!)

See ya Austin.

Well that was some fun oil wrestling (thanks MTV!)

See ya Austin.
    Too bad, it woulda been fun seeing Danny & Melinda having to work together more.

I am going to go out there and say that this is the best season of The Challenge ever. Introducing all these new players was a stroke of genius.

Team San Diego is amazing, and Zach is the new CT.

Grantland's fantasy reality league column write up on Zach was awesome this week:

Zach (The Challenge, Lisanti), 40 points:
    In one corner of the arena we have C.J. Koegel, eye-black wearer, punting instructor, MMA fighter, and crush-note writer. In the other we have Zach Nichols, crier (20 points), Saginaw Sting wide receiver, headband wearer, and exfoliater. Presiding over the arena we have T.J. Lavin, hoster, rapper, Friend of Grantlander, and well-documented hater of quitters. Many a Challenge cast member has felt the verbal wrath of T.J. for efforts he did not deem Challenge-worthy. However, on this day, after this effort, there would be no such chastising from the Teej. Let me take you through it.
    What Magic was to Bird, what Frazier was to Ali, C.J. is to Zach. Both had NFL dreams that fell short, both have a history with Lady Ashley of Amazingassington, and both have a healthy dose of femininity beneath their chiseled exteriors. The two have been destined to face off since the beginning. After days of arguing with their respective teams (2 x 5 = 10 points) about who would go in the arena, they were set to face off. Geared up in helmets, body armor and, of course, Under Armour, the men stood at each end of a tight hallway, their goal to ring a bell on the opposite end of said hallway. If you don’t watch the show, I should mention that Zach looks like he eats HGH waffles for breakfast and C.J. spends his spare time writing love letters and picking flowers for Zach’s ex-girlfriend. Sarah summed it up best: “I feel like Zach going against anybody isn't 'Oh, who is going to win?,' it's, 'How many bones of the other player is he going to break?' The guy is enormous.” After C.J.’s partner lost the first round of the best-of-three-heats challenge, it was on him to stay alive:
    Heat 1: The two men size each other up, T.J. sounds the air horn, they meet in the center of the tunnel/hallway thing like two territorial mountain goats wearing $300 worth of performance-blend fabrics. C.J. eventually gets Zach by both legs, drags him down the hallway, and rings his bell. Zach is not pleased.
    Heat 2: Zach, ashamed, is awaiting T.J.’s air horn and clearly has readied himself for ultra-violence. C.J., awaiting T.J.’s air horn, is clearly terrified. At the sound of T.J.’s air horn the two men rush toward each other with enough force to cause a weather event should they collide, but they don’t. At the last second, C.J. ducks under the oncoming HGH-waffle-fueled man-monster and rings his bell with a triumphant dive. Goliath slayed.
    Here’s the thing about David and Goliath: There was no Round 2. With Zach and C.J., there was. Since the boys and girls split their two rounds, a decisive extra round between the boys was in order. It did not disappoint:
    Heat 3: At the sound of the air horn, the two meet in the middle, and this time Zach sets his internal smash gun from “pulverize” to “maim,” allowing him time to react when C.J. goes low. Zach grabs his legs but C.J. power-steps and drags Zach toward his bell and rings it. Zach is not happy.
    Heat 4: C.J. has outsmarted and outhustled Zach for three straight heats. He needs only one more win to eliminate Zach and slay the exfoliating dragon. At the sound of the air horn, the two rush toward each other and then, right before contact, Zach hurdles over a stunned C.J., walks to the bell, and rings it. C.J. is rattled.
    Heat 5: Heading into the deciding heat, each competitor’s statement reflects their attitude. C.J. says, “I know I am so close to the final and I am this close to pulling this victory out.” Zach warns, “I am going to hurt you, C.J. I am coming for you now.” Come for him Zach does. When the two meet in the middle of the hallway thing, Zach lifts C.J. off the ground and deposits him five feet behind where he originally started. Victorious, Zach freaks the f--- out. He stomps, grunts, yells unintelligible things, and then attempts to rip his shirt off like Hulk Hogan.
    In the aftermath of this zenith of human competition, the two men, covered in sweat and blood, embrace in the middle of the arena and declare their love for each other. T.J., presiding over the whole thing, revels in what he just witnessed, and like a proud parent declares, “Now that ... is how an elimination round is supposed to be played.” Yes, T.J., yes indeed.
    Look, I realize that the last few paragraphs weren’t the most entertaining in GRTFL history, but I want to thank you for indulging me. I have no control over how MTV digitally archives their footage, and I hate to imagine a world where my descendants are oblivious to the events of this Challenge episode. In a post-apocalyptic earth where robotic breast implants have enslaved humanity, people will remember this as a pinnacle of human achievement and look to it for inspiration to start the revolution against their robotic breast implant overlords. Trust.

This season is great. It's good when there's no middle ground. I either really like or really hate the people. I didn't watch San Diego's real world season and I'm glad I didn't. I can't stand Frank. He's such an asshole. Don't know how he hasn't gotten punched yet. I'm rooting for either Brooklyn or Vegas to win it all.

I love how the Challenges themselves are both more difficult and more ridiculous this year. And TJ is absolutely killing it this season as host. Far and away the best show on MTV and the only reason to have the channel.

After this ends, the next Real World will be in Portland Oregon. There's going to be two models on it. That's all I know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    This season is great. It's good when there's no middle ground. I either really like or really hate the people. I didn't watch San Diego's real world season and I'm glad I didn't. I can't stand Frank. He's such an asshole. Don't know how he hasn't gotten punched yet. I'm rooting for either Brooklyn or Vegas to win it all.

I love how the Challenges themselves are both more difficult and more ridiculous this year. And TJ is absolutely killing it this season as host. Far and away the best show on MTV and the only reason to have the channel.

After this ends, the next Real World will be in Portland Oregon. There's going to be two models on it. That's all I know about it.
    The San Diego season was interesting because Zach was pretty homophobic (he seems to have lightened up on the issue) and he used to be really mean to Sam and Frank because of it. Frankk was also a walking DISASTER on that season. Like he is now.

But he is perfect for The Challenge.

The San Diego season was interesting because Zach was pretty homophobic (he seems to have lightened up on the issue) and he used to be really mean to Sam and Frank because of it. Frankk was also a walking DISASTER on that season. Like he is now.

But he is perfect for The Challenge.
    Is Frank gay?

Is Frank gay?
    Bi. And he was kind of figuring it all out in San Diego.

Bi. And he was kind of figuring it all out in San Diego.
    Ahh so he really is a huge asshole then for making fun of Dustin's history.

Ahh so he really is a huge asshole then for making fun of Dustin's history.
    Totally

Totally
    I agree with Jacoby...Sarah looks really good this year. Of the girls left, she may be the prettiest. I mean Trishelle in 2001 was a whole other plane of sexy but now she's still cute but looking old. Sarah has it all going for her now, even the full arm tat looks good on her.

I agree with Jacoby...Sarah looks really good this year. Of the girls left, she may be the prettiest. I mean Trishelle in 2001 was a whole other plane of sexy but now she's still cute but looking old. Sarah has it all going for her now, even the full arm tat looks good on her.
    I gotta disagree.

I think Jonna is STUNNING. HFC worthy talent in my book. I also think Nany is super hot. Sarah is meh, though I do like her as a person.

I gotta disagree.

I think Jonna is STUNNING. HFC worthy talent in my book. I also think Nany is super hot. Sarah is meh, though I do like her as a person.
    Jonna is either really cute or OMFG ugly IMO. Nany is very very cute too.

Sarah looks good, seems like a nice person, and is a great competitor.

Also, shame on us for not mentioning Ashley from San Diego and her perfect body.

Also, shame on us for not mentioning Ashley from San Diego and her perfect body.
    It is epic. All around a good looking cast this year.

Finally saw last week's episode.

1) TJ is totally killing it this season. You can tell he loves his job watching these maniacs do foolish things.

2) How can you like Jonna after what she pulled this week?

3) God bless Zach for not pummeling Frank. I don't know if I would have the self control to not, especially if I was as big as Zach.

I just think Jonna is smoking hot.

I am kind of surprised with how well Team Brooklyn is doing, they don't really have a physical threat on the team though Sarah is a good all-around player.

No new episode tonight.

I am kind of surprised with how well Team Brooklyn is doing, they don't really have a physical threat on the team though Sarah is a good all-around player.

No new episode tonight.
    Chet is sneaky good.

Cancun is doomed. Even if they somehow make it to the final, I have zero faith in Derek completing the final challenge because you know they're going to top last year's and that was pretty impossible. These people actually do earn their money. They should get more than $62,500 each for winning.

And San Diego with the big win.

I actually found my self rooting for Dustin and Trashelle and I do think they would have won if they had Nany and Alton.

Also, this final challenge did not seem as difficult as the previous season.

Thread Information