+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11
    Forum Regular

Re: Visiting Other Ballparks

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Bought my daughter & her friend tickets for Yankees at Red Sox for Sunday 9/18 8pm game. Got her SRO tickets on the Green Monster.

Now she is asking me about wearing her Yankees apparel to the game, IIRC that may be asking for it at Fenway?

She is going with a friend from Boston that is a Red Sox fan. I took them to Yankee Stadium in May and her friend wore her Red Sox jersey and hat and had no issues (a few comments on a food line at worst).

Also, any other Fenway tips for me to give her? Best Food? Things to see at Fenway?

we went last year in yankee wear with no problems. Didn't sit in the green monster but we did go up there before the game and no one said anything to us. Literally at fenway there are of course red sox memorabilia if you are a general baseball fan.

Any opinions or suggestions for Nationals Park? Havenít visited an opposing stadium in a while and am considering driving down for one or both of the games. Parking, hotels, stuff to do in the area (besides visiting all the usual DC stuff which I am not interested in)

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by ace View Post
    Any opinions or suggestions for Nationals Park? Havenít visited an opposing stadium in a while and am considering driving down for one or both of the games. Parking, hotels, stuff to do in the area (besides visiting all the usual DC stuff which I am not interested in)
    Ace -

I regularly drive down to Nationals Park for games. I can't recommend any hotels, but would suggest getting a place that is proximal to the Metro - although I usually park in one of the park garages, we also go to Greenbelt and take the Metro into the park.

As for what to do in DC - the Smithsonian is always #1 on my list. Quite a collection. If you are into it, the Air & Space Museum out by Dulles is a must see.

LTYF
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

So, what does one do when all the hotels less than $500/night in Baltimore is booked? I was thinking of AirB&B but we want privacy.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    So, what does one do when all the hotels less than $500/night in Baltimore is booked? I was thinking of AirB&B but we want privacy.
    I don't know about Baltimore, but the one time I used AirB&B, my friend and I had a whole house (half of a duplex, but totally separate entrances) at our disposal. Much more private than a hotel. Search around a bit, and you might find something like that in the Baltimore area.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I don't know about Baltimore, but the one time I used AirB&B, my friend and I had a whole house (half of a duplex, but totally separate entrances) at our disposal. Much more private than a hotel. Search around a bit, and you might find something like that in the Baltimore area.
    There are a few reasons I'm trying to avoid AirBnB for this trip. And looking at what's left for private accomodations, anything that's cheaper than remaining hotel rooms is nowhere near the Inner Harbor and I'm not trying to run around Baltimore.

TIL that you can sleep in AirBnB boats. Interesting.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Forum Regular

Thinking of taking a trip up to Toronto in July to catch Yanks Jays. Anyone have seat recommendations or anything cool I should check out at the stadium?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    Thinking of taking a trip up to Toronto in July to catch Yanks Jays. Anyone have seat recommendations or anything cool I should check out at the stadium?
    People go TO Canada?
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    People go TO Canada?
    For the health care.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    People go TO Canada?
    Yes people like to visit other ballparks as referenced in the title to this thread. Niagara falls + a yankees game seems like a pretty good trip.

Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post

I went 5 years ago and it was really pricey but if you can swing it get a hotel room with a view of the field at the connected hotel, the Marriott City Centre hotel. It is a once in a lifetime experience.

Thread Information