+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10
    Addicted Member

Re: Visiting Other Ballparks

Thinking about going to Toronto next year to see the Yanks and Jays. My question is, has anyone ever stayed at the hotel that connected to Rogers Centre and if you did, did you stay with a view of the field? Any information, stories and experiences would be appreciated.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot

I was in Houston over the weekend and saw a couple of games at Minute Maid park with a friend of mine who is a lifelong Astros fan. We found the worst two seats in Minute Maid Park. They're next to the support column that holds up the train tracks (and train) above the left field seats.

For fans of outfield play (except left which you can't see regardless of the column):

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	22256

However, if you prefer to see the pitcher and hitter, this one is for you:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	22257
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I was in Houston over the weekend and saw a couple of games at Minute Maid park with a friend of mine who is a lifelong Astros fan. We found the worst two seats in Minute Maid Park. They're next to the support column that holds up the train tracks (and train) above the left field seats.

For fans of outfield play (except left which you can't see regardless of the column):

Attachment 22256

However, if you prefer to see the pitcher and hitter, this one is for you:

Attachment 22257
    Those pictures remind of the $1.25 seats at Shea Stadium... the ones on the old MTA Platform behind the Mets bullpen... You could see the infield and Right, but not Center or Left...

I lived in Toronto for a year so went to a lot of Jays games the ballpark isn't anything special, you don't get a feel of history when you walk in. They only get a decent attendance when we play

I plan on going to Fenway for a random game this year. Can anyone tell me what sections to avoid, where the shade is, and anything else you think is good to know.

I got SRO tix on SH for the Green Monster seats. Not a great view of the game but fun and checked it off my bucket list. Ended up sitting in the Green Monster section front row after 3 innings of a 16 inning game, by the end of the game I was a few rows behind the Red Sox dugout. Orioles won and Chris Davis was the winning pitcher. Wow!

Anyone know if the Yanks still stay at the Westin when they visit Tampa? They left the Vinoy 3 yrs ago... THanks

I'll be making a trip to Boston this week and me and my buddy who is a Sox fan (gag) have tickets to the game on July 12. This will be my first, and likely last, visit to Fenway. Is there anything, other than the game, that I should make sure to check out around the stadium?

Forum Regular

This may be mentioned in the thread already but didnt have a chance to read back through. Planning on hitting Wrigley for a game this year (non against yankees). What are some recommendations for seats. Looking for a fair price ($50-$75) but willing to pay if its really worth it. I dont want to do the rooftops.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    This may be mentioned in the thread already but didnt have a chance to read back through. Planning on hitting Wrigley for a game this year (non against yankees). What are some recommendations for seats. Looking for a fair price ($50-$75) but willing to pay if its really worth it. I dont want to do the rooftops.
    I have been twice, both weekends in May. Sat in the bleachers once for about $40. Sat in great seats about 10 rows off the field for $95. A little more than you may want to spend but well worth it. In each case I bought on secondary market - once on SH and one other site. What I would definitely recommend is doing the stadium tour. I went on a Sat morning at 8:30 for about $28 at Cubs.com. Tour lasts about 90 minutes. Leave, have breakfast, come back and watch batting practice and then the game. Great way to spend the day.

I took my nephew to Wrigley for a couple of games in July of 2014. I paid $218 total on the Cubs website for two tickets in the first section toward third base behind the screen, about 12 rows back. Excellent seats but personally, I'm not a fan of being behind the screen.

I also splurged on Stubhub for two seats ($279 each) in the front row behind the dugout for the game the next night. Yeah, that's a lot of dough, but you just can't beat being right there. Cubs 1B Rizzo tossed a ball to my nephew too which made it well worth it.

I am actually planning a similar trip only i am including seeing the yankees play in chicago vs the white sox and hitting wrigley (cubs vs reds) in the day. 1 day 2 stadium 4 teams July 5th & 6th.

anyone know a centrally located hotel to stay in to travel to north side and south side and stop at the hotel in between games?
    My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

Quote Originally Posted by PuffNettles9 View Post
    anyone know a centrally located hotel to stay in to travel to north side and south side and stop at the hotel in between games?
    Any hotel along the red line is what you want. Wrigley is on the Addison stop and US Cellular is at the Sox-35 Street stop. Both ballparks are very close to the train stops. There are a lot of hotels within a couple of blocks of the Grand stop on the red line: Embassy Suites, Marriott, Courtyard. If those are two expensive there are dozens of other choices near there. Another option would be the Palmer House Hilton which is at the Monroe stop on the red line.

Forum Regular

I booked the Hampton Inn 33 West Illinois, Chicago, IL 60654. Prices were pretty good, close to Red Line.

I also ended up getting Terrace Reserved for the game at Wrigley. Hopefully they turn out ok.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Opening day in Pittsburgh this year - check PNC Park off my list.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Forum Regular

I will be in Oakland next week and plan to hit one of the games vs. the Yankees. Does anyone know the ballpark out there? I would be grateful for any advice on the best place to sit. Many thanks!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by PuffNettles9 View Post
    I am actually planning a similar trip only i am including seeing the yankees play in chicago vs the white sox and hitting wrigley (cubs vs reds) in the day. 1 day 2 stadium 4 teams July 5th & 6th.

Would highly recommend the Wrigley Tour. I did an 8:30 tour, had breakfast and came back for BP and then the game. Great way to spend a day

BTW, Cellular One is the middle of no where. If you are not eating at Ballpark, eat befor ehand or bring food because there is nothing to buy near the stadium.

Does anyone know if the Yankees still stay at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel when they are in Baltimore? When we were there years ago, they stayed at the Marriott, but I have heard that they have moved since then.

Quote Originally Posted by mmjackson View Post
    Does anyone know if the Yankees still stay at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel when they are in Baltimore? When we were there years ago, they stayed at the Marriott, but I have heard that they have moved since then.
    Welcome to the board!

The only thing I could find is that most MLB teams stay at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel but it doesn't say all of them stay there.

Does anyone know where the Yankees will be staying in Kansas City?

My dad and I stayed at the Intercontinental about 5 or 6 years ago for a couple of years in a row and that is always where they stayed.

I haven't really been able to find anything online that is recent. Any help would be great!!!!!

Go Yanks!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaYankees View Post
    Does anyone know where the Yankees will be staying in Kansas City?

My dad and I stayed at the Intercontinental about 5 or 6 years ago for a couple of years in a row and that is always where they stayed.

I haven't really been able to find anything online that is recent. Any help would be great!!!!!

Go Yanks!!
    Leave them alone. Respect their privacy.
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Leave them alone. Respect their privacy.
    That wasn't the question. Do you know where they'll be staying?

Quote Originally Posted by mmjackson View Post
    Pretty sure they stay at the new Four Seasons now

Bought my daughter & her friend tickets for Yankees at Red Sox for Sunday 9/18 8pm game. Got her SRO tickets on the Green Monster.

Now she is asking me about wearing her Yankees apparel to the game, IIRC that may be asking for it at Fenway?

She is going with a friend from Boston that is a Red Sox fan. I took them to Yankee Stadium in May and her friend wore her Red Sox jersey and hat and had no issues (a few comments on a food line at worst).

Also, any other Fenway tips for me to give her? Best Food? Things to see at Fenway?

Thread Information