+ Reply to Thread
Page 569 of 574 FirstFirst ... 69 469 519 559 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,225 of 14338
    Death Star Fully Operational

Re: The Red Sox Thread

I thought some of you guys wanted Cora as manager when Girardi wasn't brought back?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Now a lifetime ban, please. Good riddance to that smug expletive expletive expletive.
    Amen, bro
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

Bye bye Joey, bye, bye...

I'm just wondering where this whole cheating investigation is going. Does it end with the Sox, or do the other " seven teams " ( allegedly ) get the investigation, also ?
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    I'm just wondering where this whole cheating investigation is going. Does it end with the Sox, or do the other " seven teams " ( allegedly ) get the investigation, also ?
    I would think MLB is trying to find a way to tie it off and stop the bleeding as it would be devastating to have more teams like the Dodgers and Yankees involved in such punishments too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    I would imagine they want to kick the crap out of a couple teams to set examples for the rest. I don't think they want to have 7-8 teams without draft picks and looking for new managers. Start with the most high profile, and it gets no more high profile than World Series Champs, and then tie it off. Would anybody even care that much if the 2018 Padres were doing the same thing?

NYYF Legend

So who’s going to replace Cora as the next manager in BeanTown?

I liked Heyman’s speculation that Bloom plucks a guy from Tampa Bay’s previous or current bench coaches.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    So who’s going to replace Cora as the next manager in BeanTown?

I liked Heyman’s speculation that Bloom plucks a guy from Tampa Bay’s previous or current bench coaches.
    I saw something about a Varitek possibility. Ugh.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Eh. Not sure the time is right for Varitek for a number of reasons. First, we don’t know if he’s implicated in the investigation. What we do know is he’s been the Red Sox’ official go-between the players and the GM since 2012. He likely knew what was going on, regardless. I think to avoid suspicion, they’ll hire from outside the org. At least I think that’s how Bloom will move on this.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

How hard could it be to sew an "M" on to a uniform?
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    **This Space For Rent**

A friend (Met fan) told me the Sox are looking at Muelens. If the Mets can Beltran they should hire Meulens. I'd hate to see Meulens go to the Sox because I think he's a pretty good choice.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I am really curious as to what scheme Cora was running as Bosox manger. Doesn't sound like it was garbage can enabled. Jomboy has nothing on this? No one has leaked out any info on what MLB is looking at for 2018 RedSox ?
    " You can't think and hit at the same time. "
    - Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by billybojangles View Post
    I am really curious as to what scheme Cora was running as Bosox manger. Doesn't sound like it was garbage can enabled. Jomboy has nothing on this? No one has leaked out any info on what MLB is looking at for 2018 RedSox ?
    Supposedly it's less complex than what the Astros did, no real time banging on cans or anything. People would use the video review room to decode the signals, then later if a runner made it to second base, he would tip off the batter. It still relied on having a runner on second base.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rice14 View Post
    Supposedly it's less complex than what the Astros did, no real time banging on cans or anything. People would use the video review room to decode the signals, then later if a runner made it to second base, he would tip off the batter. It still relied on having a runner on second base.
    If they went to those lengths to decode/steal signs during each game, with the manager involved in the process, they sure as hell weren’t waiting for runners to get to second base.

Were Cora and Beltan the only 2 to leave the Astros in 2017?

Were there any other coaches/players who left and went to another team?

That might be a area to look into if there are other teams involved.
    Derek Jeter - Mariano Rivera - Bernie Williams - Don Mattingly
    My Core Four Ive Seen in my Lifetime

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I would think managing with a catcher's mask on would limit one's ability to steal signs.
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Were Cora and Beltan the only 2 to leave the Astros in 2017?

Were there any other coaches/players who left and went to another team?

That might be a area to look into if there are other teams involved.
    Cameron Maybin.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PinstripeDynasty View Post
    If they went to those lengths to decode/steal signs during each game, with the manager involved in the process, they sure as hell weren’t waiting for runners to get to second base.
    I can only tell you what I've read.

Just the same, had there been anything like the trash can banging, I'm sure 100 videos would have emerged by now. Really though, those lengths aren't so great. The replay room was near the clubhouse, someone goes in, watches a little video, easier for runner to relay signs.

NYYF Legend

The Red Sox should be considering taking advantage their current state of affairs and have a fire sale. Save millions. Blow it up. Start over. The fans will come back.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    The Red Sox should be considering taking advantage their current state of affairs and have a fire sale. Save millions. Blow it up. Start over. The fans will come back.
    29 other teams should refuse to deal with the Red Sox, leaving the holding the bag on all those contracts.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

I disagree, I think they can win another WS with this roster if they make the right moves and get lucky injury wise. They are still a contending WS team and shouldn't be taken lightly.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I disagree, I think they can win another WS with this roster if they make the right moves and get lucky injury wise. They are still a contending WS team and shouldn't be taken lightly.
    lol I guess I might be a little biased
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    29 other teams should refuse to deal with the Red Sox, leaving the holding the bag on all those contracts.
    This would be very devious and mean-spirited lol. I love it !

Importer-exporter

This would be very devious and mean-spirited lol. I love it !
    Maybe devious but not unprecedented. This was done to the Yankees as an American League rule in 1940.
    I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post

By that logic the Astros should refuse to deal with the Sox because?

Thread Information