+ Reply to Thread
Page 570 of 570 FirstFirst ... 70 470 520 560 567 568 569 570
Results 14,226 to 14,233 of 14233
    NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    By that logic the Astros should refuse to deal with the Sox because?
    They already have a better team than the Red Sox and none of the trades that the Red Sox would want to make would improve them materially except Betts, and I donít see that happening.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Incidentally, I know there's been a lot of speculation that the 2018 Red Sox cheated their way to a title, and I guess we'll see where that investigation leads. Haven't seen anybody mention though that the 2017 Red Sox were knocked out of the playoffs by....the 2017 Astros. Maybe the Sox were victims and bad guys in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice14 View Post
    Incidentally, I know there's been a lot of speculation that the 2018 Red Sox cheated their way to a title, and I guess we'll see where that investigation leads. Haven't seen anybody mention though that the 2017 Red Sox were knocked out of the playoffs by....the 2017 Astros. Maybe the Sox were victims and bad guys in this story.
    There's an apropos saying about two wrongs here. If they cheated, they cannot and will not be granted victim status. Sorry.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    There's an apropos saying about two wrongs here. If they cheated, they cannot and will not be granted victim status. Sorry.
    Not asking for victim status, just pointing out that if the Dodgers and Yankees have gripes about 2017, then why not Boston? I realize that no tears will be shed for a team that may have said "if you can't beat em, join em", but if the Astros never cheated in 2017, who knows how that season or the next would have played out.

Not asking for victim status, just pointing out that if the Dodgers and Yankees have gripes about 2017, then why not Boston? I realize that no tears will be shed for a team that may have said "if you can't beat em, join em", but if the Astros never cheated in 2017, who knows how that season or the next would have played out.
    Who knows is a fair question.

If the Sox cheated, who cares is also a fair question.

So, rumor is the Red Sox are trying to package Mookie with Price, and want 2 frontline prospects.

That is ridiculous. Thats nearly $60m in 2020 for Betts and a bad lefty.

Price's arm is pretty much shot, and he is still owned $93m over 3 years. Betts has a one year $27m contract and then a FA.

You cant get a sack of potatoes for that.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    So, rumor is the Red Sox are trying to package Mookie with Price, and want 2 frontline prospects.

That is ridiculous. Thats nearly $60m in 2020 for Betts and a bad lefty.

Price's arm is pretty much shot, and he is still owned $93m over 3 years. Betts has a one year $27m contract and then a FA.

You cant get a sack of potatoes for that.
    Doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out - I guess my hope would be that the Red Sox are in the wildcard race and feel compelled to keep Betts at the deadline, and then fail to make the playoffs after a second-half swoon.

NYYF Triple Crown

Dave Dombromski (sp?) hired Alex Cora right after losing in 2017. Then they cheated in 2018. Dave will/may be implicated in the investigations because he had to know what was going on. Screw the BoSox. They cheated so I don't see them as a victim in 2017.

Thread Information