+ Reply to Thread
Page 570 of 570 FirstFirst ... 70 470 520 560 567 568 569 570
Results 14,226 to 14,233 of 14233
  1. #14226
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    By that logic the Astros should refuse to deal with the Sox because?
    They already have a better team than the Red Sox and none of the trades that the Red Sox would want to make would improve them materially except Betts, and I donít see that happening.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  2. #14227
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Incidentally, I know there's been a lot of speculation that the 2018 Red Sox cheated their way to a title, and I guess we'll see where that investigation leads. Haven't seen anybody mention though that the 2017 Red Sox were knocked out of the playoffs by....the 2017 Astros. Maybe the Sox were victims and bad guys in this story.

  3. #14228
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rice14 View Post
    Incidentally, I know there's been a lot of speculation that the 2018 Red Sox cheated their way to a title, and I guess we'll see where that investigation leads. Haven't seen anybody mention though that the 2017 Red Sox were knocked out of the playoffs by....the 2017 Astros. Maybe the Sox were victims and bad guys in this story.
    There's an apropos saying about two wrongs here. If they cheated, they cannot and will not be granted victim status. Sorry.

  4. #14229
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    There's an apropos saying about two wrongs here. If they cheated, they cannot and will not be granted victim status. Sorry.
    Not asking for victim status, just pointing out that if the Dodgers and Yankees have gripes about 2017, then why not Boston? I realize that no tears will be shed for a team that may have said "if you can't beat em, join em", but if the Astros never cheated in 2017, who knows how that season or the next would have played out.

  5. #14230
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rice14 View Post
    Not asking for victim status, just pointing out that if the Dodgers and Yankees have gripes about 2017, then why not Boston? I realize that no tears will be shed for a team that may have said "if you can't beat em, join em", but if the Astros never cheated in 2017, who knows how that season or the next would have played out.
    Who knows is a fair question.

    If the Sox cheated, who cares is also a fair question.

  6. #14231

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    So, rumor is the Red Sox are trying to package Mookie with Price, and want 2 frontline prospects.

    That is ridiculous. Thats nearly $60m in 2020 for Betts and a bad lefty.

    Price's arm is pretty much shot, and he is still owned $93m over 3 years. Betts has a one year $27m contract and then a FA.

    You cant get a sack of potatoes for that.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

  7. #14232
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    So, rumor is the Red Sox are trying to package Mookie with Price, and want 2 frontline prospects.

    That is ridiculous. Thats nearly $60m in 2020 for Betts and a bad lefty.

    Price's arm is pretty much shot, and he is still owned $93m over 3 years. Betts has a one year $27m contract and then a FA.

    You cant get a sack of potatoes for that.
    Doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out - I guess my hope would be that the Red Sox are in the wildcard race and feel compelled to keep Betts at the deadline, and then fail to make the playoffs after a second-half swoon.

  8. #14233
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rice14 View Post
    Not asking for victim status, just pointing out that if the Dodgers and Yankees have gripes about 2017, then why not Boston? I realize that no tears will be shed for a team that may have said "if you can't beat em, join em", but if the Astros never cheated in 2017, who knows how that season or the next would have played out.
    Dave Dombromski (sp?) hired Alex Cora right after losing in 2017. Then they cheated in 2018. Dave will/may be implicated in the investigations because he had to know what was going on. Screw the BoSox. They cheated so I don't see them as a victim in 2017.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts