+ Reply to Thread
Page 519 of 519 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 516 517 518 519
Results 12,951 to 12,955 of 12955

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Same with Yankees pitchers.
    lol we're supposed to act as if that's normal and the Sox pitchers are supposed to suck
    Baseball games are not won with a formula

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Every Red Sox pitcher pitching like an ace all of a sudden
    Nah. Sale has been consistently great and E-Rod has been consistently good all year. Porcello has been okay but unspectacular, and looks average behind the poor defense he's been getting most of the year. Pomeranz had one nice start after a string of way too short ones, amid rumblings about demotion back to the bullpen. The rotation had a very good week. As a Sox fan, I'm not making any more of it than that, and if I were a Yankee fan, I wouldn't be concerned just yet.

On a slightly different note, I can't shake the feeling that Price is coming back too quickly. He got straight shellacked in AAA and never made it past the fourth inning. I doubt he's built up the arm strength necessary to make it deep into games, and besides the poor performance that I think we're probably gonna get in his first couple of starts, I'm concerned about him aggravating his injury or causing a new one as he compensates for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    Nah. Sale has been consistently great and E-Rod has been consistently good all year. Porcello has been okay but unspectacular, and looks average behind the poor defense he's been getting most of the year. Pomeranz had one nice start after a string of way too short ones, amid rumblings about demotion back to the bullpen. The rotation had a very good week. As a Sox fan, I'm not making any more of it than that, and if I were a Yankee fan, I wouldn't be concerned just yet.

On a slightly different note, I can't shake the feeling that Price is coming back too quickly. He got straight shellacked in AAA and never made it past the fourth inning. I doubt he's built up the arm strength necessary to make it deep into games, and besides the poor performance that I think we're probably gonna get in his first couple of starts, I'm concerned about him aggravating his injury or causing a new one as he compensates for it.
    After the second shellacking and the Sox management went to see him, I figured it was to shut him down.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post

I was making a joke which was hyperbole.
    Baseball games are not won with a formula

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Don't see it happening with Rockies winning games, but its definitely something DD would do. He will ruin the Red Sox. Just wait
    I agree! I was so happy when they hired him. He will undo everything good that Theo did there.

Thread Information