+ Reply to Thread
Page 517 of 519 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 514 515 516 517 518 519 LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,925 of 12955

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    He has his ups and downs. He isn't an ace IMO but a good middle rotation guy. He is riding a hot streak right now like Sale is.

Do you guys think Price will be able to get back and contribute for the Sox? I hear he is suppose to make a rehab start soon. Maybe back by the end of the month if he stays healthy with no setbacks.
    Huge question mark. Can he stay healthy, and can he handle pressure of Boston. I wouldn't be suprised either way. They might need him in a bad way
    Baseball games are not won with a formula

lol bullpen
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

David Ortiz denies ever juicing on Mike francessa

Mike Francessa followed up by denying he fell asleep on air
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    David Ortiz denies ever juicing on Mike francessa

Mike Francessa followed up by denying he fell asleep on air
    Large weight gain
    Surge in power after Twins
    Presinal
    Played in steroid clubhouse alongside Manny Ramirez / Paxton Crawford / Manny Alexander / Nixon / Varitek / Damon, etc....
    Mysterious illness
    Multiple roid rages (storming manager's press conference / breaking phones)
    Put up steroid numbers in the steroid era
    Breakdown in late 30s followed by resurgence at 40, having the best 40 year old season outside of......Barry Bonds
    Oh, and failed the MLB drug test.

Yeah, clean. Nothing to see here.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Large weight gain
    Surge in power after Twins
    Presinal
    Played in steroid clubhouse alongside Manny Ramirez / Paxton Crawford / Manny Alexander / Nixon / Varitek / Damon, etc....
    Mysterious illness
    Multiple roid rages (storming manager's press conference / breaking phones)
    Put up steroid numbers in the steroid era
    Breakdown in late 30s followed by resurgence at 40, having the best 40 year old season outside of......Barry Bonds
    Oh, and failed the MLB drug test.

Yeah, clean. Nothing to see here.
    Also stated "I get tested more than anyone."

All players get tested same frequency except those that previously failed a test.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Also stated "I get tested more than anyone."

All players get tested same frequency except those that previously failed a test.
    Excellent point.....will add to list.

Also forgot about putting out qualifiers to cover his ass - milkshakes, etc....

I'm off my game.

NYYF Legend

St34oids
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Every single Sox game is treated like the 7th game of the WS on the front page of ESPN dot com. I'm glad that they're tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Every single Sox game is treated like the 7th game of the WS on the front page of ESPN dot com. I'm glad that they're tanking.
    ESPN is a bigger Pro-Boston site than CBSsports. Half their staff are Boston fans. Andrew Merchant, the "journalist" they have for the Yankees coverage hates the Yankees and 9 out of 10 articles he puts out are negative against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    ESPN is a bigger Pro-Boston site than CBSsports. Half their staff are Boston fans. Andrew Merchant, the "journalist" they have for the Yankees coverage hates the Yankees and 9 out of 10 articles he puts out are negative against the Yankees.
    And yet Boston fans constantly complain of how ESPN treats the Sox / Pats.

And yet Boston fans constantly complain of how ESPN treats the Sox / Pats.
    Espn hates the pats. Just look at deflategate. They like the Sox but hate pats

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Espn hates the pats. Just look at deflategate. They like the Sox but hate pats

deflate gate was a big story.

when the most successful team in the last 15 years is cheating / bending the rules for the second time, it SHOULD get lots of coverage.

the pats' arrogance is what made the story huge. it could have easily gone away with a small fine if they didn't play it like they did. it's on them.

deflate gate was a big story.

when the most successful team in the last 15 years is cheating / bending the rules for the second time, it SHOULD get lots of coverage.

the pats' arrogance is what made the story huge. it could have easily gone away with a small fine if they didn't play it like they did. it's on them.
    Science showed they did nothing wrong guy. It was a witch hunt. Espn was an absolute joke with their awful reporting on that entire debacle. They got more things wrong

Science showed they did nothing wrong guy. It was a witch hunt. Espn was an absolute joke with their awful reporting on that entire debacle. They got more things wrong
    Did science show McNally wasn't specifically put in charge of footballs by Belichek once the rules were changed?

Did science show McNally actually did not have the nickname "The Deflator"?

Did science show the inexplicable routes taken with stop off in a restroom when there was a restroom in the locker room did not happen?

Did science show Brady did not intentionally obstructed?

Did science show the numerous anecdotes from past players around the condition of footballs when playing NE were all fake?

Does science explain how Belichek is lauded by Pats fans and others as having super control over every facet of the organization, but when it came to this, he plead clueless? Possibly a ban from football if caught cheating again?

Heck, even the local sports talk guys who aren't complete homers said it's obvious the Pats were guilty, they just handled it incorrectly.

Pats brought this on themselves. They were caught blatantly cheating with spygate (read deadspin for just how bad it was - and the NFL covering it up) and that's why there was additional (deserved) scrutiny.

Guy.

Did science show McNally wasn't specifically put in charge of footballs by Belichek once the rules were changed?

Did science show McNally actually did not have the nickname "The Deflator"?

Did science show the inexplicable routes taken with stop off in a restroom when there was a restroom in the locker room did not happen?

Did science show Brady did not intentionally obstructed?

Did science show the numerous anecdotes from past players around the condition of footballs when playing NE were all fake?

Does science explain how Belichek is lauded by Pats fans and others as having super control over every facet of the organization, but when it came to this, he plead clueless? Possibly a ban from football if caught cheating again?

Heck, even the local sports talk guys who aren't complete homers said it's obvious the Pats were guilty, they just handled it incorrectly.

Pats brought this on themselves. They were caught blatantly cheating with spygate (read deadspin for just how bad it was - and the NFL covering it up) and that's why there was additional (deserved) scrutiny.

Guy.
    I suggest you take a look at the experiment the MIT professor did if you haven't already. Also Brady destroyed his phone after the investigator said it wasn't needed. Brady didn't obstruct anything. Espns reporting was awful. I'm not sure how you can't see this. Starting with saying 11 balls were deflated. That was just irresponsible

Starting with saying 11 balls were deflated.
    I think they were talking about the offensive line.

Oh - Let's not forget that some of the Colts' footballs were also under inflated. But they lost the game so they didn't break the rules, I guess.
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Oh - Let's not forget that some of the Colts' footballs were also under inflated. But they lost the game so they didn't break the rules, I guess.
    If memory serves me correctly the colts balls were inflated at a higher PSI and dropped about the same amount of PSI as the Pats footballs

I suggest you take a look at the experiment the MIT professor did if you haven't already. Also Brady destroyed his phone after the investigator said it wasn't needed. Brady didn't obstruct anything. Espns reporting was awful. I'm not sure how you can't see this. Starting with saying 11 balls were deflated. That was just irresponsible
    The prosecutors did not ask for Brady's phone. They asked for Brady to turn over all texts that might be relevant to the case, and that they would "take him on his word" and did not need the phone. He didn't comply.

As far as the MIT, I have read it. It's one guy, a Pats fan.

Look at it simply:

Pats accused of having deflated footballs.

Inquiry shows the guy in charge of handling footballs is called "The Deflator"

Text messages unveil conversations between Brady and Deflator.

When asked for evidence, Brady has destroyed it.

This is like Ortiz being drug free.

The prosecutors did not ask for Brady's phone. They asked for Brady to turn over all texts that might be relevant to the case, and that they would "take him on his word" and did not need the phone. He didn't comply.

As far as the MIT, I have read it. It's one guy, a Pats fan.

Look at it simply:

Pats accused of having deflated footballs.

Inquiry shows the guy in charge of handling footballs is called "The Deflator"

Text messages unveil conversations between Brady and Deflator.

When asked for evidence, Brady has destroyed it.

This is like Ortiz being drug free.
    The guy isn't a Pats fan. Not sure where your getting that information from. I'm pretty sure even if he was that has no effect on the laws of science.

The guy isn't a Pats fan. Not sure where your getting that information from. I'm pretty sure even if he was that has no effect on the laws of science.
    Fine.

What about the rest of the post - all of that actually happened.

Fine.

What about the rest of the post - all of that actually happened.
    None of what you said proves anything. The facts shown by the professor have a great deal of meaning. I didn't bring this up to have a discussion about deflategate and whether they are guilty or not(although I'm perfectly comfortable having it) it was merely to point out espns irresponsible reporting and their continued lies.

None of what you said proves anything. The facts shown by the professor have a great deal of meaning. I didn't bring this up to have a discussion about deflategate and whether they are guilty or not(although I'm perfectly comfortable having it) it was merely to point out espns irresponsible reporting and their continued lies.
    There's no definitive proof but plenty of persuasive evidence. Given the facts I posted, combined with the fact that New England had been fined and docked picks for cheating previously, smart money is on them being guilty.

What I personally think happened was one of two things:

Brady liked his footballs on the low end of the spectrum....McNally pushed the envelope, and they got caught.

or

Brady liked his footballs on the low end of the specturm, and Belichek, Brady, and Mcnally all conspired made sure they got that way and then some.

In my mind, scenario two fits the makeup of this team. Either way, if they just said McNally got a bit overzealous, they would have gotten a 25k equipment violation fine.

There's no definitive proof but plenty of persuasive evidence. Given the facts I posted, combined with the fact that New England had been fined and docked picks for cheating previously, smart money is on them being guilty.

What I personally think happened was one of two things:

Brady liked his footballs on the low end of the spectrum....McNally pushed the envelope, and they got caught.

or

Brady liked his footballs on the low end of the specturm, and Belichek, Brady, and Mcnally all conspired made sure they got that way and then some.

In my mind, scenario two fits the makeup of this team. Either way, if they just said McNally got a bit overzealous, they would have gotten a 25k equipment violation fine.
    I seriously have to question if you read the article by the professor. It clearly states the balls dropped in pressure just as they were supposed to. The balls were the right level at the beginning and dropped PSI during the game due to lower temperatures and rain.

I seriously have to question if you read the article by the professor. It clearly states the balls dropped in pressure just as they were supposed to. The balls were the right level at the beginning and dropped PSI during the game due to lower temperatures and rain.
    I read the article when it was published. I live 10 minutes from Gillette Stadium, I've been surrounded by this story since its inception.

It's irrelevant.

Until you can explain The Deflator and the text messages, it doesn't matter.

Unless you're buying the "needed to lose weight" excuse.

Thread Information