+ Reply to Thread
Page 538 of 538 FirstFirst ... 38 438 488 528 535 536 537 538
Results 13,426 to 13,440 of 13440

Re: The Red Sox Thread

This team is pretty poopy.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative as I completely agree with your point, but I am curious about this - how many outs do you think the monster turns into base hits? I think it is probably overestimated by many.
    I'm sure there are some analytics on that somewhere. Just by my eye I'll say it obviously does turns catchable pop flyballs into hits off the wall but conversely the LFer should play a bit shallower than normal so I'm guessing as a result a number of dunkers that would fall in at other parks are caught for outs.

back in my yute, I used to laugh about Roy White playing a step in front of the warning track in LF when they went to Fenway. What was the point?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    lolwut? 40 home runs at Fenway? Dude averages like 20 ding dongs at Kaufman. How is supposed to hit 40 at Fenway? Could see his batting average going up if he clangs a lot of doubles and singles off the monster, but no, he isn't going to double his average HR total by poking a bunch of popups over the monster. The monster takes away more home runs than it gives.

I heard we re-signed Moreland a couple days ago. I'm not in baseball mode and I haven't bothered confirming yet, but Hosmer would have only been a marginal upgrade over Moreland for a great deal more money.

EDIT: Not really excited we re-signed Moreland, but prefer him to a Hosmer overpay.
    Marginal upgrade? Hosmer is a signicantly better player
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Red Sox will still be a legit threat for the AL East with that rotation. I just dont think it works in October. They seem to fall apart in the postseason.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Red Sox will still be a legit threat for the AL East with that rotation. I just dont think it works in October. They seem to fall apart in the postseason.
    Take a look at Sale's career splits. He is simply not the same pitcher from mid-August on. He is still pretty damn good, mind you, but not the dominating menace he is for the first 4.5 months of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Take a look at Sale's career splits. He is simply not the same pitcher from mid-August on. He is still pretty damn good, mind you, but not the dominating menace he is for the first 4.5 months of the season.
    Yup. And Price and Porcello are notorious playoff failures. But they still can pitch well enough in the reg season to win the AL East. Still a threat.

Maybe they should start Sale in May or June if its an endurance thing.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

If I were the Sox, I would phantom DL Sale midseason in the hopes that he won't struggle towards the end of the year and the playoffs. I have to think that he's just tiring toward the end of the season. Of course, Sale is a big competitor and would most likely fight such a DL.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    If I were the Sox, I would phantom DL Sale midseason in the hopes that he won't struggle towards the end of the year and the playoffs. I have to think that he's just tiring toward the end of the season. Of course, Sale is a big competitor and would most likely fight such a DL.
    If they DL him, they might not make the playoffs.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

http://www.weei.com/blogs/john-tomas...-other-players

How is nobody talking about this on here
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfanintoronto View Post
    http://www.weei.com/blogs/john-tomas...-other-players

How is nobody talking about this on here

I donít see how getting Workman for under $1M is news.

If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    I donít see how getting Workman for under $1M is news.

They're paying him less than we are paying Romine.

As far as Betts, it's his first time through arbitration, I'd put my money on the Sox winning, if it goes to arbitration. 10.5 vs 7.5.

NYYF Legend

Betts going to an arbitration hearing is not news. Either the Sox win or Betts wins.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Betts going to an arbitration hearing is not news. Either the Sox win or Betts wins.
    So then donít waste your time commenting. I look forward to Mookiesí feelings being hurt. Going into arbitration with your star player is never good.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfanintoronto View Post
    So then donít waste your time commenting. I look forward to Mookiesí feelings being hurt. Going into arbitration with your star player is never good.
    Sorry bud, I will keep commenting. Were Jeter and Bernie's feelings hurt when they went to an arbitration hearing? They both signed big extension. Get over yourself. Hearings happen often.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Sorry bud, I will keep commenting. Were Jeter and Bernie's feelings hurt when they went to an arbitration hearing? They both signed big extension. Get over yourself. Hearings happen often.
    Sure...keep commenting on something you donít consider news

As a Yankees fan , I hope this leaves Mookie with some ill will towards the Sox.

Thread Information