+ Reply to Thread
Page 533 of 533 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 530 531 532 533
Results 13,301 to 13,319 of 13319
  1. #13301
    Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Bedford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    Could it be Joe Maddon? He has that obnoxious "smartest guy in the room" syndrome that I can't effing stand and it would seem to fit with what you're saying.
    Also, you're not the only one who feels that way. He definitely does seem to have a condescending, smarter-than-you air to him. Whether that's legit or ill-perceived, I don't know, but I and many others also seem to pick up on it. I used to particularly enjoy watching his bullpen over-managing backfire, and I'm not typically one for schadenfreude unless it involves the Dallas Cowboys.

  2. #13302
    NYYF HOF


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Sale leads the AL with a 2.07 fielding independent pitching (FIP). In the 97 complete seasons from 1920 through 2016, only three pitchers have led the AL in FIP with a better FIP. They are Pedro Martinez with a 1.39 in 1999 (which is the third best ever for either league behind Christy Mathewson in 1908 and Walter Johnson in 1910), Luis Tiant with a 2.04 in 1968, and Hal Newhouser with a 1.97 in 1946. From 1903 to 1919, the AL leader in FIP had a 2.07 or lower every year except 1911, which includes Walter Johnson leading seven times.

  3. #13303

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Sale leads the AL with a 2.07 fielding independent pitching (FIP). In the 97 complete seasons from 1920 through 2016, only three pitchers have led the AL in FIP with a better FIP. They are Pedro Martinez with a 1.39 in 1999 (which is the third best ever for either league behind Christy Mathewson in 1908 and Walter Johnson in 1910), Luis Tiant with a 2.04 in 1968, and Hal Newhouser with a 1.97 in 1946. From 1903 to 1919, the AL leader in FIP had a 2.07 or lower every year except 1911, which includes Walter Johnson leading seven times.
    Sale=🦄
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

  4. #13304

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Welcome to NYYFANS. We use links to support stories.
    I am technologically challenged.

  5. #13305

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    I'm not typically one for schadenfreude unless it involves the Dallas Cowboys.
    "Everyone needs to shut up about this." - Carsten Charles

  6. #13306
    NYYF HOF


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Sale is on pace to have a Cy Young Predictor score of 205.7. In the last 14 complete seasons, only one AL pitcher has had a better score, and that was when Verlander won the 2011 MVP. Sale is on pace for a higher score than when Cliff Lee went 22-3 in 2008.

  7. #13307

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Rob Bradford‏Verified account @bradfo 2h2 hours ago

    Sale on @OMFonWEEI: 'People in NY have never really been really nice to me, but they hate me now ... I don't go to NY to make friends'

  8. #13308

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Remember when Yadier Molina played good defense? Horrendous blunder on a play at the plate to lose the Cardinals a game vs. the Red Sox.

  9. #13309

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    I really hate this team

  10. #13310

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by danman1202 View Post
    Remember when Yadier Molina played good defense? Horrendous blunder on a play at the plate to lose the Cardinals a game vs. the Red Sox.
    He makes that play if the game is in Yankee stadium against the yankees. No doubt
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

  11. #13311

    Re: The Red Sox Thread


  12. #13312

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    https://youtu.be/-efApDzMPvo
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  13. #13313
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Stanton is totally going to Boston.

    Especially if they lose in the playoffs.

  14. #13314
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    He makes that play if the game is in Yankee stadium against the yankees. No doubt
    Pretty sure he bungled a play at YS earlier this season. The Cardinals in fact were playing horrendously as a team at the time.

  15. #13315

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    "Both teams are playing good," Boston shortstop Xander Bogaerts said. "It's going to be a good series -- in our house, this time. Hopefully that will be to our advantage."

    http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/red-...ed-sox-rivalry

    Bulletin Board material or not?

  16. #13316

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Stanton is totally going to Boston.

    Especially if they lose in the playoffs.
    It's going to be interesting with the Jeter group taking over.
    I'm not convinced Boston has the type of prospects the Marlins will want.

    Dombrowski has largely depleted a once-deep system.

    Can totally see the Dodgers going after him hard should they somehow fail to win the World Series.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  17. #13317
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    "Both teams are playing good," Boston shortstop Xander Bogaerts said. "It's going to be a good series -- in our house, this time. Hopefully that will be to our advantage."

    http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/red-...ed-sox-rivalry

    Bulletin Board material or not?
    lolwut?

  18. #13318

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    "Both teams are playing good," Boston shortstop Xander Bogaerts said. "It's going to be a good series -- in our house, this time. Hopefully that will be to our advantage."

    http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/red-...ed-sox-rivalry

    Bulletin Board material or not?
    Um, yeah, NO. That is the Motrin of comments.

  19. #13319
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Danville, NH

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    "Both teams are playing good," Boston shortstop Xander Bogaerts said. "It's going to be a good series -- in our house, this time. Hopefully that will be to our advantage."

    http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/red-...ed-sox-rivalry

    Bulletin Board material or not?
    Not. Maybe being home will help us is not disrespectful.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 19 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 19 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts