+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 536 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 533 534 535 536
Results 13,376 to 13,396 of 13396

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    How so?
    He shouldn't have started the 8th inning.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Hind sight is 20/20. He was clearly their best pitcher this year, seemed to be cruising before the Bregman HR and his P count was still low even considering the short rest.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

please hire Ron Gardenhire Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I'm looking forward to Dombrowski's next round of mistakes.
    Empty the farm for Stanton?

I wonder if they'll consider Chili Davis?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Empty the farm for Stanton?
    Bendi, Devers, Groome, and Chavis for Stanton?

Yankees advancing to the ALCS.

Is Boston in that this year?

I haven't really been following them but I've heard good things.

NYYF Legend

Peter Abraham just threw up 5 pizzas and about 10 dozen Buffalo wings.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Peter Abraham just threw up 5 pizzas and about 10 dozen Buffalo wings.
    Haha. In other words, his pre-dinner appetizers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Haha. In other words, his pre-dinner appetizers.
    I really miss "The Buffet is Closed," the short-lived make-fun-of-Peter-Abraham website.

Tim Kurkjian just said on Mike & Mike that Brad Ausmus is a current candidate for the Red Sox managerial position

NYYF Legend

I enjoyed telling my neighbor that the Yankees will not be joining the Red Sox on the Golf Course today.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Well I was not eluding to that, but you are correct, I was watching the game with my friend who is a sox fan and we both thought before the homer, that sale did not belong in the game.

That being said. Sale was completely overused that year. And while the red sox have flaws. John Farrell does not know how to manage a baseball team
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Those of you who have spent a lot of time in this thread already know I've been about the biggest Farrell non-fan there is, but I don't like the timing of this. He was fairly competent throughout the regular season and isn't to blame for the Sox postseason exit this year.

The team's construction is obviously the problem. You went pitching heavy, it worked during the regular season, then the pitching crapped out during the playoffs. It happens. Hell, it happens every year to one or two teams. You could've hedged your bets with just one power bat. There were no surprises here. I was hardly alone when I predicted there would be a dramatic decrease in power this season, and I think that hurt during the playoffs, along with some seriously ................ty umpiring. Grab a big bat and go get 'em next year.

A lot of Red Sox failure the past few years can be at least partially blamed on Farrell. The 2017 season and playoff run wasn't his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    Those of you who have spent a lot of time in this thread already know I've been about the biggest Farrell non-fan there is, but I don't like the timing of this. He was fairly competent throughout the regular season and isn't to blame for the Sox postseason exit this year.

The team's construction is obviously the problem. You went pitching heavy, it worked during the regular season, then the pitching crapped out during the playoffs. It happens. Hell, it happens every year to one or two teams. You could've hedged your bets with just one power bat. There were no surprises here. I was hardly alone when I predicted there would be a dramatic decrease in power this season, and I think that hurt during the playoffs, along with some seriously ................ty umpiring. Grab a big bat and go get 'em next year.

A lot of Red Sox failure the past few years can be at least partially blamed on Farrell. The 2017 season and playoff run wasn't his fault.
    I agree with this.
    Although - do you think Farrell 'lost the clubhouse'?
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post

Farrel mistakes in game 1 and 2. Not hindsight, just showing his cluelessness

Playing nunez on bum knee
    not playing Hanley
    Then not moving Hanley up
    Playing maerrero over Devers
    Needed to get sale earlier in game 1
    Left him in too long in game 4
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place with you

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Farrel mistakes in game 1 and 2. Not hindsight, just showing his cluelessness
    I'll address these point by point.

Playing nunez on bum knee
    Nunez insisted he was good to go, and he had been a spark plug who was responsible for breathing life into our offense even when he personally put up an 0fer.
    not playing Hanley
    Hanley played like soggy dog ................ the entire stretch run, and especially during the last few weeks of the regular season. Know way of knowing he was gonna heat up until Nunez re-injured himself and forced Hanley back in.
    Then not moving Hanley up
    Fair point, but most managers don't move a guy up in the order after two nice games, even during the playoffs.
    Playing maerrero over Devers
    Devers needed a day off. He was chasing any and everything, wasn't connecting on anything, and is a defensive liability. Marrero is defensive gold at 3B.
    Needed to get sale earlier in game 1
    Fair point, but don't forget that Sale appeared to settle down in the 2nd and 3rd after a rocky 1st.
    Left him in too long in game 4
    Farrell got run in the 2nd inning trying to protect Pedroia, who had just been called out on a ball with the bases loaded and one out (for context, the previous batter, Bradley, Jr., had also been called out on a ball well off the plate with the bases loaded, nobody out, and a full count). Wouldn't have been a terrible move, anyway; Sale had bite on his fastball that he didn't have game one, depth on his slider that he didn't have game one, and a fairly low pitch count, to boot. Just got unlucky, made a mistake, and gave up a solo jack. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Here's the thing. The Red Sox are actually a deeply flawed team.
    This is true, but the only AL team that didn't have glaring flaws going into the playoffs were the Indians and they're gone, too.

Sox had great SP, one of the top 3 bullpens in the majors, good defense, and a mediocre offense with no power. Yankees had a nice offense with lots of pop, one of the top 3 bullpens in the majors, and no depth at SP. Astros had an excellent offense with power and speed, good defense, a solid bullpen, and no depth at SP.

Indians had no blatant weaknesses. They had a top 3 rotation, excellent offense, top 3 bullpen, little bit of speed, and depth on the bench, and it got them the same place as the Sox, D-Backs, and Nats. You just can't predict playoff baseball, and this is what I deserve for trying.

Foot, meet Mouth.

Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Foot, meet Mouth.

I love it. Whoever runs the Yankees Twitter feed is a savage. The Red Sox response was an emoji rolling its eyes.
    2016 - At least we won as many postseason games as the Red Sox

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    I love it. Whoever runs the Yankees Twitter feed is a savage. The Red Sox response was an emoji rolling its eyes.
    That was brilliant..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Thread Information