+ Reply to Thread
Page 562 of 562 FirstFirst ... 62 462 512 552 559 560 561 562
Results 14,026 to 14,036 of 14036
  1. #14026
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Iím no longer concerned.
    Um yeah, he seems to have righted the ship
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  2. #14027
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    In a 4-3 win hosting Houston, Boston reliever Marcus Walden improved to 6-0. He made his MLB debut last year at age 29 and did not get any decisions. He has more wins than Chris Sale, David Price, and Rick Porcello combined. He's the only pitcher in MLB to have at least 6 wins without a loss. Before the season, what odds could you have gotten that at this point the Yankees would be led in wins by German and Boston would be led in wins by Walden? Also notable is that Brandon Workman got his first career save, so the Yankees and Red Sox both had that today.

  3. #14028
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Chris Sale pitched a 3 hit shutout in an 8-0 win at Kansas City. Sale had a career-high Game Score of 93. He had 92 three times.

  4. #14029

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Chris Sale pitched a 3 hit shutout in an 8-0 win at Kansas City. Sale had a career-high Game Score of 93. He had 92 three times.

    And pitched his second immaculate inning of the season, which I don't think has ever been done before.

  5. #14030
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    And pitched his second immaculate inning of the season, which I don't think has ever been done before.
    Lefty Grove, August 23 and September 27, 1928:

    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/feats/feats17.shtml

  6. #14031
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Immaculate innings are all well and good, but does anyone keep track of three-pitch innings?

    Well, yeah, silly question:

    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/feat...h_inning.shtml

    Chapman did it in 2016, when he was with the Cubs.

  7. #14032
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Immaculate innings are all well and good, but does anyone keep track of three-pitch innings?

    Well, yeah, silly question:

    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/feat...h_inning.shtml

    Chapman did it in 2016, when he was with the Cubs.
    Wow, Red Faber had 2 in the same game!
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

  8. #14033

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    What is the vibe amongst Red Sox fans? Are they as equally as negative over the lack of signing a Kimbrel or Keuchel as the Yankee fan base?

  9. #14034

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    What is the vibe amongst Red Sox fans? Are they as equally as negative over the lack of signing a Kimbrel or Keuchel as the Yankee fan base?
    It's not like we have club meetings or anything , but...

    I don't think that the Sox were really in on or needed either player. That and after last Fall, I'm not sure if I have confidence in Kimbrel any more.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

  10. #14035

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    It's not like we have club meetings or anything , but...

    I don't think that the Sox were really in on or needed either player. That and after last Fall, I'm not sure if I have confidence in Kimbrel any more.

    Interesting, considering the Red Sox haven't really had an effective 4th or 5th starter all year or anybody that can pitch the 9th inning.

  11. #14036

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Interesting, considering the Red Sox haven't really had an effective 4th or 5th starter all year or anybody that can pitch the 9th inning.
    Both were too expensive for the Sox's current budget. Of the two, Kuechel was the one that they could have used, but the Sox had other less expensive options. But there was a reason that he was still on the market.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 11 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts