+ Reply to Thread
Page 557 of 566 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,925 of 14129

NYYF Legend

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Would it be possible to add a brief explanation of what the link discusses? I'm not sure if this has ever been addressed. It would make the forum a better place.
    Just win!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Would it be possible to add a brief explanation of what the link discusses? I'm not sure if this has ever been addressed. It would make the forum a better place.
    The Red Sox knew Machado was stealing signs and the pitching coach didnít go out there to talk to Price before facing Puig because he had just struck out the previous batter and didnít want to interrupt the flow and momentum of the game but Puig got a hit and tied the game and now the pitching coach is mad even though it all worked out anyway.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Re:the Eovaldi signing:

It's not the Phillies' owner spending stupid money - it's John Henry.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Not a horrible signing unless his arm starts to fall off in Spring Training. You had to know someone was going to step up and pay him especially after his post-season. Upside is velocity. Downside is two Tommy John surgeries under his belt. My biggest worry is that he's going to uncork a fastball and his arm will still be attached to the ball when it crosses the plate. If he stays healthy, it's a good signing.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    Not a horrible signing unless his arm starts to fall off in Spring Training. You had to know someone was going to step up and pay him especially after his post-season. Upside is velocity. Downside is two Tommy John surgeries under his belt. My biggest worry is that he's going to uncork a fastball and his arm will still be attached to the ball when it crosses the plate. If he stays healthy, it's a good signing.
    My issue with Eovaldi isn't his health as much as it is a history of inconsistency, ala Ivan Nova & Michael Pineda. $68M is a lot of "stupid money".
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    My issue with Eovaldi isn't his health as much as it is a history of inconsistency, ala Ivan Nova & Michael Pineda. $68M is a lot of "stupid money".
    Or a smart move, if he continues to produce. Only time will tell.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Or a smart move, if he continues to produce. Only time will tell.
    He might. That said, he's won 44 games in his career and pitched above 155 innings once in the major leagues. His performance last year was certainly well-timed.

NYYF Cy Young

Joe Kelly has signed a three year deal with the Dodgers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

Carson Smith to a minor league deal was smart by the Sox. Was hoping the Yankees would steal him on a minor league deal. May amount to nothing but itís a no risk move with a solid potential reward.

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    He might. That said, he's won 44 games in his career and pitched above 155 innings once in the major leagues. His performance last year was certainly well-timed.

No question that it was well-timed. The optimistic take on Eovaldi from a Sox perspective is that he is a much improved pitcher since adding the cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Carson Smith to a minor league deal was smart by the Sox. Was hoping the Yankees would steal him on a minor league deal. May amount to nothing but itís a no risk move with a solid potential reward.

I wouldn't count on Smith for anything. He's the Carl Pavano of the Red Sox, pitching just 23 innings in three years for them. He'll probably pull his shoulder out slamming his car door at spring training....

Quote Originally Posted by Igosplut View Post
    I wouldn't count on Smith for anything. He's the Carl Pavano of the Red Sox, pitching just 23 innings in three years for them. He'll probably pull his shoulder out slamming his car door at spring training....

DD is doing a lot of dumpster diving for pitching depth this offseason.

So, Red Sox fans have complained about A-Rod for years, despite the fact that David Ortiz failed more drug tests than Alex did. He was a cheater. Anthony Bosch. Biogenesis. The horror. The horror.

And now the Red Sox have signed a contract with Jenrry Mejia? The same guy who has been suspended three times for steroids? The same guy who has been suspended for life (and then reinstated)?

"Alex was bad for baseball and a cheater," they cried. Where did all those guys go? How are they defending this signing?

Let me guess.......their position has evolved?

Hard to believe the Red Sox can suck even more than they always have. But this signing is an embarrassment.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    So, Red Sox fans have complained about A-Rod for years, despite the fact that David Ortiz failed more drug tests than Alex did. He was a cheater. Anthony Bosch. Biogenesis. The horror. The horror.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of Yankee fans did a lot of complaining about A-Rod too.

It's one of those "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" types of signing. It's the equivalent of the wind generated by a moth flapping its wings. That said, based on his history, it's next to impossible to predict if he'll progress to the major league level as no one has a good idea of what his talent is like while clean.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

And now the Red Sox have signed a contract with Jenrry Mejia? The same guy who has been suspended three times for steroids? The same guy who has been suspended for life (and then reinstated)?

"Alex was bad for baseball and a cheater," they cried. Where did all those guys go? How are they defending this signing?

Let me guess.......their position has evolved?

Hard to believe the Red Sox can suck even more than they always have. But this signing is an embarrassment.
    So youre saying fans of a sports team are hypocrites? Say it isnt so!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    So youre saying fans of a sports team are hypocrites?
    Red Sox fans more so than most.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Red Sox fans more so than most.
    At least they haven't hired any former Yankees clubhouse attendants.

NYYF Legend

Or Patriots wide receivers.

Always fun when the drive-by troll drops in.

Just to help you out, Red Sox Fans and The Red Sox are not the same thing.

And we need to move on from Ortiz and Arod -- two guys who probably did things a lot of others probably did in a day gone by. Clemons played for both teams (twice for the Yankees).

Flawed analysis. Only two teams have won more championships than the Red Sox and none in this century.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
    Just to help you out, Red Sox Fans and The Red Sox are not the same thing.

And we need to move on from Ortiz and Arod -- two guys who probably did things a lot of others probably did in a day gone by. Clemons played for both teams (twice for the Yankees).

Right. Red Sox fans are the ones who chant "Yankees Suck " at their WS celebrations. And Patriots celebrations at that.

The insecurity is clinical, and sad.

Right. Red Sox fans are the ones who chant "Yankees Suck " at their WS celebrations. And Patriots celebrations at that.

Well, sometimes its true!

It's fun. Get over yourself.

Sox fans who chant 'Yankees suck' are buffoons, in my opinion. It's kind of embarrassing to me as a Sox fan.

Thread Information