+ Reply to Thread
Page 555 of 561 FirstFirst ... 55 455 505 545 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... LastLast
Results 13,851 to 13,875 of 14011
    NYYF Triple Crown

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    Red Sox managed only two hits today against the Rays. Against 5 different pitchers, with an opener, and Beeks pitching the most innings at 4.

That makes them only 13-3 in the month of August.
    Sounds like they're falling apart.
    [

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    That makes them only 13-3 in the month of August.
    Sounds like they're falling apart.
    18-8 for August not counting tonight's game. Their lowest win total for a month was June with 17 wins. They've been consistent, that's for sure.

Chris Cotillo

Verified account

@ChrisCotillo
    Following Following @ChrisCotillo
    More
    Dave Dombrowski said via email that he doesn't expect the Red Sox to make any additions before midnight. Things could change, but expectation at this hour is that the Sox will stand pat.

NYYF Cy Young

And of course my hope that the ChiSox would continue to hustle and beat the BoSox failed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qepcbIz8zpo

Alex Rodriguez shocks Yankees fans everywhere by picking the Boston Red Sox as the most complete team in the American League.

Crazy! Today they played with a spring training roster and trailed 7-1 in the 8th then score 6 to tie it in that inning. They fell behind again 8-7 going into the 9th then Brandon Phillips who was playing his firs game since 2017 hits a 2 run HR which proved to be enough. Brandon Phillips, a guy stuck at AAA all season.
    Vandelay! Say Vandelay!

mlbnetwork, giving praise to big comeback against Braves. "Redsox have same vibe like Astros run last year to WS",. Let see how they do in post season first, before crowning Redsox W.S champs already for 2018, they always choke in post season.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    mlbnetwork, giving praise to big comeback against Braves. "Redsox have same vibe like Astros run last year to WS",. Let see how they do in post season first, before crowning Redsox W.S champs already for 2018, they always choke in post season.

Always ? I think they've won 3 rings in the past 14 years, so always is a bit of a stretch.
    [

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    And of course my hope that the ChiSox would continue to hustle and beat the BoSox failed.
    Meh. They split that series and, in doing so, took the season series 4-3. I certainly wasn't happy about it.

NYYF Legend

Chris Sale coming back as "opener". The plan is to throw 2 IP this start and add an inning each start every 5 days. Interesting concept to "build him back up" for the playoffs.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Chris Sale coming back as "opener". The plan is to throw 2 IP this start and add an inning each start every 5 days. Interesting concept to "build him back up" for the playoffs.
    He left after 1....26 pitches.

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qepcbIz8zpo

Alex Rodriguez shocks Yankees fans everywhere by picking the Boston Red Sox as the most complete team in the American League.
    Not shocked because he's right.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...ontende_1.html

Boston Red Sox (102-47)
    Standings: 1st in American League East, lead second-place Yankees by 10.5 games.

Magic number to clinch AL East: 4

Games remaining: 13 (7 home, 6 road)

Yankees better step up and don't let Redsox clinch at home.

If Drew Pomeranz is even on the Sox post-season roster, there will be riots in the streets of Boston.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    If Drew Pomeranz is even on the Sox post-season roster, there will be riots in the streets of Boston.
    Is Trump coming to town?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Is Trump coming to town?
    Trump kind of looks at the Northeast as one big liberal pants party. One of the things that Mass and NY have in common.

Except for the Missisippi of the northeast (NH)
    Vandelay! Say Vandelay!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTheGent View Post
    Except for the Missisippi of the northeast (NH)
    Not sure what your implications are, but I suspect they are unkind. Despite that, I cordially invite you to visit the Live Free or Die state so that you can make more informed statements.

Trump kind of looks at the Northeast as one big liberal pants party. One of the things that Mass and NY have in common.
    The president spent a lot of time in New Hampshire. The rest of the Northeast IS one big liberal pants party.

Quote Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
    The president spent a lot of time in New Hampshire. The rest of the Northeast IS one big liberal pants party.
    Yeah. To be honest I completely forgot about NH. My apologies to you and your four electoral votes.

Yeah. To be honest I completely forgot about NH. My apologies to you and your four electoral votes.
    No worries. Public school, right? I once purchased a product from a company on the Left coast. When I provided New Hampshire as my State, he asked what state New Hampshire was in. Kinda of sad that one can get through sixteen+ years of school and not know New Hampshire was one of the original states. I guess that is how you elect a president who thinks there are 57 states.

10th grade was the best three years of my life.

Enough politics...

Do the Sox sit Mookie Betts tomorrow? Can't lose him for two more weeks at this juncture.

NYYF Legend

No worries. Public school, right? I once purchased a product from a company on the Left coast. When I provided New Hampshire as my State, he asked what state New Hampshire was in. Kinda of sad that one can get through sixteen+ years of school and not know New Hampshire was one of the original states. I guess that is how you elect a president who thinks there are 57 states.
    Many people don't know basic things. Unfortunately there are plenty of people who don't know who their representatives in Congress are. If I had to guess, I would expect fewer than half of Americans to be able to say how many House members there are and fewer than that to know how electoral votes are determined by the Constitution (saying "by population" is not specific enough). Florida got the attention in 2000, but we would have had President Gore if he won New Hampshire, which voted 48.07% for Bush and 46.80% for Gore. That's the only time in the last seven elections that a state in New England wasn't won by a Democrat.

Massachusetts has all nine House members be Democrats, which is the most representatives by a state only represented by one party. Connecticut and Oklahoma are tied for the second most with five.

Obama was talking about all the time he had spent on the campaign trail back in 2008 He had visited all (48) of the states in the continental U.S. save for one (i.e., “one left to go,” excluding Alaska and Hawaii he mentioned in the speech), but in his weariness he slipped up and started off with “fifty” instead of “forty.” Fox News/Breitbart and the rest of the right wing blogs went wild after that.

A 20 second internet search would have found the answer for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindleaddict View Post
    Obama was talking about all the time he had spent on the campaign trail back in 2008 He had visited all (48) of the states in the continental U.S. save for one (i.e., “one left to go,” excluding Alaska and Hawaii he mentioned in the speech), but in his weariness he slipped up and started off with “fifty” instead of “forty.” Fox News/Breitbart and the rest of the right wing blogs went wild after that.

A 20 second internet search would have found the answer for you too.
    That's politics. He also 'misspoke' about his Muslim faith (only person in the history of the world to accidentally misidentify his or her religion). Let's put this on the back burner and talk about the Red Sox, OK?

Thread Information