+ Reply to Thread
Page 554 of 561 FirstFirst ... 54 454 504 544 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... LastLast
Results 13,826 to 13,850 of 14011

Re: The Red Sox Thread

https://www.jotcast.com/chat/mlbtr-l...2018-3673.html

Jack
    4:50Hi Jason, Who do you think will play in the WS
    Jason Martinez
    4:51I'll go with Arizona vs Boston.

A baseball fan
    5:07 Jason why do you see Arizona going to the ws over teams like the Dodgers or Brewers
    Jason Martinez
    5:08 Rotation is really good (Corbin, Greinke, Ray, Godley). They can hit (Goldschmidt, Pollock, Peralta, Escobar; Souza is heating up). And the bullpen is good enough and much deeper with additions of Ziegler/Diekman.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    https://www.jotcast.com/chat/mlbtr-l...2018-3673.html

Jack
    4:50Hi Jason, Who do you think will play in the WS
    Jason Martinez
    4:51I'll go with Arizona vs Boston.

A baseball fan
    5:07 Jason why do you see Arizona going to the ws over teams like the Dodgers or Brewers
    Jason Martinez
    5:08 Rotation is really good (Corbin, Greinke, Ray, Godley). They can hit (Goldschmidt, Pollock, Peralta, Escobar; Souza is heating up). And the bullpen is good enough and much deeper with additions of Ziegler/Diekman.

Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX_9RsywxAY

Do the Boston Red Sox have a weakness? | MLB WHIPAROUND

NYYF Legend

Betts and Martinez are on pace to be the first teammates to have at least 35 home runs, at least 110 runs, and an OPS of at least 1.050 since Gehrig and DiMaggio in 1937. Since 1908, the only teammates to do that were Gehrig and DiMaggio, Ruth and Gehrig three times, and Jimmie Foxx and Al Simmons.

Why Cora's didnt go out last night and yelled at umpire when Betts got hit by pitch against Jays?. but when facing and playing against Yankees, He cry like a baby, my precious baby Betts got hurt, wahahaha.

Why Cora's didnt go out last night and yelled at umpire when Betts got hit by pitch against Jays?. but when facing and playing against Yankees, He cry like a baby, my precious baby Betts got hurt, wahahaha.
    Nice grammer.
    And in the play your referenced against the Yankees, Betts didn't get hit so he wasn't hurt. Cora argued that warnings should not have been issued. Don't let the facts get in the way of your argument though.
    Vandelay! Say Vandelay!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTheGent View Post
    Nice grammer.
    Nice spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Betts and Martinez are on pace to be the first teammates to have at least 35 home runs, at least 110 runs, and an OPS of at least 1.050 since Gehrig and DiMaggio in 1937. Since 1908, the only teammates to do that were Gehrig and DiMaggio, Ruth and Gehrig three times, and Jimmie Foxx and Al Simmons.
    They have 2 Babe Ruths this year. Best team I've ever seen.

Sucks from our perspective. I didn't expect Betts to jump .300 OPS from last year to be a 1.100 OPS guy, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMan92 View Post
    They have 2 Babe Ruths this year. Best team I've ever seen.

Sucks from our perspective. I didn't expect Betts to jump .300 OPS from last year to be a 1.100 OPS guy, but it happens.
    Looks like JBJ is heating things up as well. I heard a sports radio retard complaining that the Red Sox are 'unbalanced'. He thought that such an unbalanced team would get shredded in the post season. I will take a 19-16 win every day of the week!

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Nice spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Nice spelling.
    My favorite is when someone responds with "Your an idiot"

NYYF Legend

Last night Baltimore's Jonathan Villar, Tim Beckham, Adam Jones, Chris Davis, and Cedric Mullins became the first group of at least five teammates since at least 1908 to have at least 2 RBI in a game their team lost by at least 7 runs. Boston made it the 65th time since 1908 that a team had at least 19 runs, at least 16 hits, and at least 10 walks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Kindleaddict View Post
    My favorite is when someone responds with "Your an idiot"

That's you're favorite?

NYYF Legend

Boston took a 5-3 lead in Game 2. J.D. Martinez has 3 RBI to make 104 and Dan Butler got his first RBI since 2004. Before September rosters, I wonder how often a team got RBI from a player with at least 100 RBI and a player who started with 0 RBI.

Bob Nightengale

Verified account

@BNightengale
    46s46 seconds ago
    More
    The Boston #Redsox, for the first time all season, are now favored to win the World Series, per @BovadaOfficial, followed by #Astros, #Dodgers and #Yankees

Bob Nightengale

Verified account

@BNightengale
    46s46 seconds ago
    More
    The Boston #Redsox, for the first time all season, are now favored to win the World Series, per @BovadaOfficial, followed by #Astros, #Dodgers and #Yankees
    Still a lot of baseball left and this coming out on the 40th anniversary of the zenith of the 1978 lead that the Sox had over NY. I remember it like yesterday watching Ken Harrelson and Dick Stockton laughing about how the Yankees were out of it while reviewing the AL East Standings.
    Ask me about my groin pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    Still a lot of baseball left and this coming out on the 40th anniversary of the zenith of the 1978 lead that the Sox had over NY. I remember it like yesterday watching Ken Harrelson and Dick Stockton laughing about how the Yankees were out of it while reviewing the AL East Standings.
    Who could forget. I can tell you where I was when Bucky Dent hit that home run. Not sure this team could collapse like that. For the Sox, nothing has been the same since 2004. I suspect that series had an impact on the Pinstripes as well.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this would not happen today because, with 99 wins, the loser of the playoff game would have been a wildcard with the second best record in the AL. Anything between 1978 and 2004 top the drama of these two matchups? Since?

NYYF Legend

J.D. Martinez leads MLB in home runs and RBI but doesn't lead his team in batting average (.333 to .350 by Betts), on base percentage (.400 to .439 by Betts), or slugging percentage (.665 to .668 by Betts). I wonder if a player has ever led MLB in home runs and RBI but not led his own team in any of the slash line statistics.

I'm not afraid to say this.

I feel that Mookie Betts is going to free agency and to the highest bidder. I want that to be the Yankees. He's a joy to watch.

How J.D. Martinez Became a Red Sox Superstar—And the Astros' Greatest Mistake
    https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/08/08/jd...tros-astroball

“I want to finish my swing the way Jason Castro does,” Martinez told them. He noticed an inscription on one of the many bats that hung from a rack on one of batting cage’s walls. “Thanks for everything,” it read. “I wouldn’t be where I’m at today without your help.” Below that was Ryan Braun’s signature.

In his 18 at-bats, he had three hits. Near the end of spring training, Luhnow called him into his office. The Astros were releasing him. “I was in shock,” Martinez says. “Dude, I just got cut from the worst team in baseball.” Then he got mad.

“What happened?” he asked Luhnow. “I’ve always been cool. I’ve always been respectful. What did I do? What went wrong? When I asked for an opportunity to show what I’d learned, you said I’d get one. I only got 18 at bats.”

By the time Luhnow finished explaining that they didn’t envision him making the team, and that they wanted to go somewhere that he might, Martinez’s thoughts had turned to the future. As he packed his belongings in the clubhouse, longtime teammates José Altuve and Dallas Keuchel came by his locker to shake his hand. “I’m sorry, bro,” they said. “Keep your head up.”

“You guys are going to see me,” Martinez said. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll be good. I promise you.”

After the third blast, the Astros’ shortstop, a prospect named Carlos Correa, playfully threw his glove at Martinez as he trotted past him. “Get out of here, bro,” he said. “Who are you?”

This season, finally, Martinez has gotten over his grudge against the Astros. “They did me a favor by cutting me—they really did,” he says. “I don’t really care about that anymore.”

in Boston they use them, under his instruction. “I’m kind of like a third hitting coach,” he says, after Hyers and Hyers’s assistant, Andy Barkett.

The #RedSox rotation is what's keeping the #Yankees at arms' length in the AL East, writes @JasonKeidel. http://bit.ly/2OHfh6N

NYYF Legend

Arm's length?

More like a football field.....
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Second time...
    Chad Jennings

Verified account

@chadjennings22
    15m15 minutes ago
    More
    Chris Sale back on the disabled list. Left shoulder inflammation.

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    Second time...
    According to some posters on this forum, he's not hurt, they're just giving him breaks to keep him strong for the playoffs. I wonder if they think Devers is really hurt?
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

NYYF Cy Young

Red Sox managed only two hits today against the Rays. Against 5 different pitchers, with an opener, and Beeks pitching the most innings at 4.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

Thread Information