+ Reply to Thread
Page 507 of 564 FirstFirst ... 7 407 457 497 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 517 557 ... LastLast
Results 12,651 to 12,675 of 14082
  1. #12651
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    The Price was Wrong.
    Just win!

  2. #12652

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    He has one win in relief and I believe it wasn't due to his performance. At the time of the signing I said glad he didn't sign with the Yanks for this reason
    I never pushed for price and i chuckled when i heard the soxsigned him lol

  3. #12653
    Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Bedford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    You're probably right it was time for him to go but there was no reason to blast him in the media the way they did with accusations of pain killer addictions and whatnot. The guy brought you your first championship in 86 years. Just say it was time to move on and get another voice in there and be done with it. But nope, once again they had to pull a smear campaign when someone leaves town - one run by the newspaper owned by the same guy who owns the team.
    The ownership group has no class and they've made that clear from early on. I'm happy we won three WS since they've taken over, but I can't shake the feeling that it might very well have been 4 or 5 without the constant undermining of Epstein and Cherington. Quite frankly, the best thing this ownership group has ever done is force Lucchino out as a decision maker, but that still leaves us with weirdo Henry and that piece of ................ Warner. While they don't have the track record of meddling in personnel decisions and undermining baseball operations the way Lucky Larry did, their handling of the (at the time necessary) Tito departure and (neither necessary nor wise) Orsillo canning was extraordinarily classless and deplorable.

    Now, I'm not particularly upset about the Price signing even after the tire/dumpster fire that was his last start. I will say I would have strongly preferred to have simply re-upped Lester for significantly less money and fewer years than we're paying Price now, but if you can follow a thread or common theme, I'm sure you've figured out why things didn't work out that way.

    Oddly enough, while they're screwing over Don Orsillo and running Tito out of town on a rail, they're equally hard at work rehabbing the image of a genuine piece of garbage like Clemens among the Boston faithful. Seriously, ................ this ownership group.

  4. #12654

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    Oddly enough, while they're screwing over Don Orsillo and running Tito out of town on a rail, they're equally hard at work rehabbing the image of a genuine piece of garbage like Clemens among the Boston faithful.
    Probably to grease the rails for Ortiz.

  5. #12655
    NYYF MVP

    Gigi Buffon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    Th

    Oddly enough, while they're screwing over Don Orsillo and running Tito out of town on a rail, they're equally hard at work rehabbing the image of a genuine piece of garbage like Clemens among the Boston faithful. Seriously, ................ this ownership group.
    You noticed that too. They are definitely hot to get another HOF number up there in RF. My sense is that Clemens is the only one of the PED tainted guys who will be getting in to HOF anytime soon.

    I'm not sure anyone left Boston as bitterly as Clemens did.
    DFA Gigi Buffon.

  6. #12656
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Clay Buchholz is starting game 3 for Boston? Wasn't he in the bullpen at one point this season? Guess that Pomeranz trade didn't work out as well as they had hoped. Wasn't Gammons saying that Pomeranz's numbers this year were for real because he learned how to throw a cutter ?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  7. #12657

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Clay Buchholz is starting game 3 for Boston? Wasn't he in the bullpen at one point this season? Guess that Pomeranz trade didn't work out as well as they had hoped. Wasn't Gammons saying that Pomeranz's numbers this year were for real because he learned how to throw a cutter :lol:?

    Dave Dombrowski is overrated. Im sure many will disagree. Red Sox are not dead yet. I told their fans a bunch of sox fans they were built for a early exit. If they win the world series Ill eat my crow.

  8. #12658
    Hope is eternal
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    No happier person tonight than Terry Francona.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

  9. #12659

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Red Sox finish with as many post-season wins as the Yankees.

  10. #12660
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    So I guess a career part time player has retired.
    Just win!

  11. #12661

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Wearing a red warmup shirt and a scowl on his face, Ortiz lumbered out to the mound and tipped his cap in all directions, tapping his heart. Only when the camera zoomed in on him did it become apparent that the frown was not regret over an early postseason exit: Big Papi was crying.
    Test those tears!

  12. #12662
    The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Earth

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    it gives me much pleasure to know that we can finally put the fraud known as "Big Papi" behind us. See ya!
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  13. #12663
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Red Sox finish with as many post-season wins as the Yankees.
    I will be warm and fuzzy all winter thinking about the statement above..

    For all the Sox love and smooching, and media fawning over a cheater who is finally gone, the mighty indomitable unbreakable unbeatable Red Sox juggernaut won as many postseason games in 2016 as the NY Yankees, who embarked on a youth movement. In addition, the main reason the Sox are cleaning out their lockers this morning is Andrew Miller. Never have I taken such pleasure in assisting another team..

    Cleveland, it truly was our pleasure to help.. congratulations..
    -NY Yankees
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  14. #12664
    NYYF Legend

    TommyK8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Actually, the Yankees fans hearts can be made even warmer all winter by knowing the fact that the Yankees actually set the Red Sox into a tail spin that they did not recover from. They had won 11 in a row going into Yankee Stadium, and were ahead 3-0 in the bottom of the ninth inning with their closer on the mound and lost that game on the Teixeira grand slam and they ended up losing 8 of their last 9 including the playoffs.

    The Red Sox peaked too soon. It's hard to carry a winning streak like that straight into the playoffs.

    That is not an excuse however. Price spit the bit in the post-season yet again. The Red Sox offense was not there as it had been all season. That is often the case in the post season, and the Red Sox starting pitchers could not match Cleveland.

    The Red Sox still have a lot of work to do to get better. They have an incredibly strong foundation of young core players for the future, and a good minor league system still producing players. However, they have to compliment this group and they still need another top of the rotation starter, in my opinion.

  15. #12665
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyK8 View Post
    Actually, the Yankees fans hearts can be made even warmer all winter by knowing the fact that the Yankees actually set the Red Sox into a tail spin that they did not recover from. They had won 11 in a row going into Yankee Stadium, and were ahead 3-0 in the bottom of the ninth inning with their closer on the mound and lost that game on the Teixeira grand slam and they ended up losing 8 of their last 9 including the playoffs.

    The Red Sox peaked too soon. It's hard to carry a winning streak like that straight into the playoffs.

    That is not an excuse however. Price spit the bit in the post-season yet again. The Red Sox offense was not there as it had been all season. That is often the case in the post season, and the Red Sox starting pitchers could not match Cleveland.

    The Red Sox still have a lot of work to do to get better. They have an incredibly strong foundation of young core players for the future, and a good minor league system still producing players. However, they have to compliment this group and they still need another top of the rotation starter, in my opinion.
    In fairness the week before in Fenway, I believe the Yankees season realistically ended in the first game of that series, when Hanley hit the walkoff.. That series as a whole certainly ended any playoff hopes we had..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  16. #12666
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    On Papi's retirement:
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

  17. #12667
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyK8 View Post
    Actually, the Yankees fans hearts can be made even warmer all winter by knowing the fact that the Yankees actually set the Red Sox into a tail spin that they did not recover from. They had won 11 in a row going into Yankee Stadium, and were ahead 3-0 in the bottom of the ninth inning with their closer on the mound and lost that game on the Teixeira grand slam and they ended up losing 8 of their last 9 including the playoffs.

    The Red Sox peaked too soon. It's hard to carry a winning streak like that straight into the playoffs.

    That is not an excuse however. Price spit the bit in the post-season yet again. The Red Sox offense was not there as it had been all season. That is often the case in the post season, and the Red Sox starting pitchers could not match Cleveland.

    The Red Sox still have a lot of work to do to get better. They have an incredibly strong foundation of young core players for the future, and a good minor league system still producing players. However, they have to compliment this group and they still need another top of the rotation starter, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    In fairness the week before in Fenway, I believe the Yankees season realistically ended in the first game of that series, when Hanley hit the walkoff.. That series as a whole certainly ended any playoff hopes we had..
    Yeah Boston effectively ended the Yanks season.

    It was nice the Yanks could get a little payback forcing the Sox to open on the road.

    I'm happy that Boston went 0-3 in the playoffs but the reality is they are set up pretty well for the future. Hopefully the Yanks are on the same path and their youngsters will take some of the same steps Boston's did this year.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  18. #12668

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I'm happy that Boston went 0-3 in the playoffs but the reality is they are set up pretty well for the future.
    Historically set.

  19. #12669
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Historically set.
    LOL Is that reference to Gammons a few years back?

    They do have some quality young players though. It's hard to deny that.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  20. #12670
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    One note from this great series is that Jackie Bradley Jr Jr (Hicks) is looking more and more comparable to Jackie Bradley jr.
    Just win!

  21. #12671

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    LOL Is that reference to Gammons a few years back?

    They do have some quality young players though. It's hard to deny that.
    Confident Dombrowski will screw it up.

    Price, Kimbrel, Pomeranz and now bringing Farrell back all point in the right direction.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

  22. #12672
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    One note from this great series is that Jackie Bradley Jr Jr (Hicks) is looking more and more comparable to Jackie Bradley jr.
    Maybe Brian was right after all.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

  23. #12673
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    One note from this great series is that Jackie Bradley Jr Jr (Hicks) is looking more and more comparable to Jackie Bradley jr.
    Well Jackie is 1-1 in his last 1 post season ABs. Tough to top that. But I was thinking the same thing when they brought up his 0-9 with 7Ks last night.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  24. #12674
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Well Jackie is 1-1 in his last 1 post season ABs. Tough to top that. But I was thinking the same thing when they brought up his 0-9 with 7Ks last night.
    Its a shame the team let him down. Not to mention the disappointment echoing from the TV Booth.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

  25. #12675
    Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Bedford

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Confident Dombrowski will screw it up.

    Price, Kimbrel, Pomeranz and now bringing Farrell back all point in the right direction.
    I still don't think Price and Pomeranz were bad moves, although they certainly didn't work out for this year. Never liked the Kimbrel trade, and I'm quite annoyed that Farrell is coming back.

    As for this atrocious playoff run, ................ it- I'm rooting for Tito now. I don't think the Indians make it out of the ALCS with that decimated pitching staff (I think the Red Sox let them off the ropes far too many times and Toronto will not), but I'll be rooting for them anyway. Napoli, Crisp, and Miller all won rings here at various points. Tito left at the right time, but he didn't deserve to be treated the way he was on the way out. I can get behind him coaching another team in a good baseball town out of an excruciatingly long drought.

    How crazy would it be if the Indians end up facing the Cubs in the WS this year? Both teams carry three players on their postseason rosters who won rings with the Red Sox. Tito coached the Red Sox out of an 86 year long drought; Theo helped build that team. Each are working the end very long droughts with their respective new teams. It would be a hell of an interesting story.

    I'm actually still kind of excited for postseason baseball right now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 7 guests)

  1. EvanJ
  2. agent009

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts