+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 511 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Re: The Red Sox Thread (New and Improved)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Well I got nothing.
    The Mr. Coffee Rules.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

I completely understand the need to be civil, but we are going to have to find a balance between civility and a complete lack of humor and creativity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e57dlq7ZA4
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

What if they declared a Red Sox thread and nobody came?
    There is no "I" in "team" but there is a dismembered and mixed-up "me."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees Empire View Post
    What if they declared a Red Sox thread and nobody came?
    A parade down the Canyon of Heroes?
    That's our second Arby's in town. Some say it's better, the fries are curlier, though I wouldn't know. I'm loyal to the original.

Addicted Member

Balance?

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    If Saltamachhia and Varitek continue their present course, what are the sox options at catcher? Varitek finally got his slugging over .100 but he looks terrible at the plate.
    I wouldn't give up on Salty just yet, but in retrospect, they did have a good shot at signing either Buck or Martin. His track record with relief pitching is terrible, but Cashman is looking pretty good with the Martin signing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    I wouldn't give up on Salty just yet, but in retrospect, they did have a good shot at signing either Buck or Martin. His track record with relief pitching is terrible, but Cashman is looking pretty good with the Martin signing right now.
    Just like the non-Lester trade looks good for Theo, despite his track record with FA signings being terrible.

Seriously, why add that?
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

Did someone leave 25 Red Sox in the basement? Because they're under water...

I guess best team ever has its down side....

People never learn: Pinstripes always float to the top!

Ya see, its all about density, and generally, Sox fans are about as dense as they come, so they sink like a stone! Pinstripes on the other hand, make everything better. Thats how the Babe did it, and its worked so far.
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

NYYF Cy Young

No Please! The Usual Suspects will be back, and they will put everbody to sleep again with their besotted hypothesis.
    David

I know what kind of pitcher Whitey was and kind of person he is. It makes me feel proud to be a Yankee. We're keeping this in the family. (On breaking Whitey's PS consecutive scoreless innings)

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfallibleOne View Post
    Did someone leave 25 Red Sox in the basement? Because they're under water...

I guess best team ever has its down side....

People never learn: Pinstripes always float to the top!

Ya see, its all about density, and generally, Sox fans are about as dense as they come, so they sink like a stone! Pinstripes on the other hand, make everything better. Thats how the Babe did it, and its worked so far.
    I read this post in a Staten Island accent.

Didn't see the game, but Joshies line wasn't stellar. He probably bears watching after Francona brought him back out the last game after he was clearly tired and had him throw 125 pitches
    "I choose my underwear each day based on how likely I am to have sex. Today Im wearing a used grocery bag I found floating across the highway "

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Didn't see the game, but Joshies line wasn't stellar. He probably bears watching after Francona brought him back out the last game after he was clearly tired and had him throw 125 pitches
    Well after Scott dared to disrespect the game after the HR, Josh tried to throw everything including his curve ball about 200 mph.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    He looked like old 'Joshie'. Threw harder and straighter when things went wrong. O's went for Mother's Day Miracle v2 by blowing the lead w/ their bullpen (the original was also Beckett v. Guthrie IIRC)... Umping (on both sides - RS were not ripped off, but ball/strike calls were more aberrant than usual for both teams) was not good...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Fiber View Post
    O's went for Mother's Day Miracle v2 by blowing the lead w/ their bullpen (the original was also Beckett v. Guthrie IIRC.
    Sam Perlozzo deserved to be fired just for pulling Guthrie in that game ... still pisses me off 4 years later.

NYYF HOF

I haven't watched the Sox since Sunday (Bruins/Celtics are taking a bit of a priority at the moment) but it seems like they've come back to earth in a hurry.

Mean WOOOOOOOOOOOO By God Gene S2's Avatar

Fun with small sample sizes: David Ortiz has 15 walks and 8 strikeouts this year. (over the last 2 seasons he's had 74 and 82 walks to 134 and 145 strikeouts) And he's hitting .360/.500/.520 vs LHPs with a 7 to 3 BB:K ratio.
    It is what it is but it ain't what you think
    I say we stomp him! Then we tattoo him! Then we hang him! And then we kill him!
    I say we let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    I haven't watched the Sox since Sunday (Bruins/Celtics are taking a bit of a priority at the moment) but it seems like they've come back to earth in a hurry.
    Must admit that I am in the same boat; a plethora of overtime hockey games taking up time. Not that I am complaining since at least the hockey games had positive outcomes, although the Bruins' power play is reminiscent of Ortiz' 2010 Spring.
    At any rate, the Sox are not filling my soul with verve and glee at this point, but it's a long season. I'll wait until Philly crushes my heart once again before I start obsessing too much about baseball.

NYYF Legend

During A-Gons last at bat, Gammons compared what Boston traded to the Colon for Lee, Phillips and Sizemore deal.

I ................ing hate Bobby Jenks. Has any responsible reporter asked him what is growing on his chin? Seriously. Why has no reporter asked why he has that facial hair, and why he dyes it platinum blonde. What a piece of .................

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah View Post
    During A-Gons last at bat, Gammons compared what Boston traded to the Colon for Lee, Phillips and Sizemore deal.
    I haven't seen how Kelly has been pitching, but it does make me happy to see that Rizzo is raking so far this year. I hope Gammons is right.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dalkowski View Post
    I ................ing hate Bobby Jenks. Has any responsible reporter asked him what is growing on his chin? Seriously. Why has no reporter asked why he has that facial hair, and why he dyes it platinum blonde. What a piece of .................
    I think it looks sexy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dalkowski View Post
    Brian Cashman got murdered here by a handful of people for not signing Bobby Jenks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Brian Cashman got murdered here by a handful of people for not signing Bobby Jenks.
    To be fair, I was ticked he signed Feliciano to that contract when Jenks was had for slightly more $ per year and gets both RH and LH batters out.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah View Post
    It's a ridiculous comparison. Unless Adrian Gonzalez becomes a pitcher with bad training habits, Boston should at least get something valuable out of the deal, even if what they gave up comes up big.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    To be fair, I was ticked he signed Feliciano to that contract when Jenks was had for slightly more $ per year and gets both RH and LH batters out.
    Fair enough Boss, just pointing out that relief pitcher signings are the biggest damned game of Russian Roulette in sports. I generally try to hold my tongue on them unless there's BIG money involved.

Thread Information