+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9
Results 201 to 224 of 224
  1. #201
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Your cousin must have been happy with Expos HOF pitcher Pedro Martinez throwing out the first pitch as well as Vlad, Raines and the rest.

    And free baseball as well, going into extra innings.
    http://www.tsn.ca/lamarre-s-10th-inn...treal-1.463341

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  2. #202

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    So they Jays managed to break the longest post-season drought last year. They've got Bautista and Encarnacion in the last year of their contracts, and are probably not coming back. They are also minus-Price, minus-AA.

    Will they be for real this year?

  3. #203

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    No. They will suck incredibly.

  4. #204

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    hahaahhahahaha Joeybats got caught grabbing the ss leg and cost his team the win.. Poor Jays hahahahaha

  5. #205

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    hahaahhahahaha Joeybats got caught grabbing the ss leg and cost his team the win.. Poor Jays hahahahaha
    I just posted in the interesting baseball thread:



  6. #206

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I just posted in the interesting baseball thread:



    Yeah i seen it on my tv lol Joey bats even after the game just walked off and Joey bats said after the game he did not know the new rule did not allow contact lol you can't grab a guys leg

  7. #207
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Purposely tripping a player with your hand has never been legal. This would have been illegal a year ago so the slide rule has nothing to do with the verdict.

    Bautista is a dirty player.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  8. #208
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Bautista is a dirty player.
    Let's define "dirty".....
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.Hitman23

  9. #209
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Purposely tripping a player with your hand has never been legal. This would have been illegal a year ago so the slide rule has nothing to do with the verdict.

    Bautista is a dirty player.
    This is the correct take. It's a shame they're conflating the sliding into 2nd rule change into this story.

    'But your honor, while I did shoot him, I did so while in my car...therefore, vehicular manslaughter should apply.'

  10. #210

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Joey Bats also flips bats, and that makes him a very bad person.

  11. #211
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Uh oh. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/...hris-colabello

    Colabello busted for PED, out for 80 games. Home many Blue Jays have been suspended now for PEDs? Tainted playoff run last year?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  12. #212

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread


  13. #213

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Colabello busted for PED, out for 80 games. Home many Blue Jays have been suspended now for PEDs? Tainted playoff run last year?
    Isn't he the first?

  14. #214
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The urinal next door

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    alright, that settles it... i wasn't sure at first, but the exclamation point really sells his credibility
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  15. #215
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Isn't he the first?
    Stroman was suspended in the minors.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  16. #216
    Addicted Member
    Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    It may be time soon for this thread to become active again. The Jays have some real promise in that starting lineup, and the addition of Ryu and Tanner suggests their "ownership" may be showing signs of life again. I'd say they are 2 years away from becoming legitimate rivals (vis-a-vis the Yankees, Rays, and, maybe, the Sox). If they were somehow to find another legit starter for 2020, well....

  17. #217
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    It may be time soon for this thread to become active again. The Jays have some real promise in that starting lineup, and the addition of Ryu and Tanner suggests their "ownership" may be showing signs of life again. I'd say they are 2 years away from becoming legitimate rivals (vis-a-vis the Yankees, Rays, and, maybe, the Sox). If they were somehow to find another legit starter for 2020, well....
    GREAT JOB with Ryu!!! Roark was a solid pick too for the money. Read (rumor mill) TOR is talking to BoSox on Price and how much Boston will pay. If this happens they will be legit. I went to a game there (got abused by their fans) years ago and Donaldson single handedly beat us. I know they looked but signed Shaw (?) but if Donaldson drops and sign him and Price - I may go back but not wear my Yankee jersey (like at Boston).

    This was the day before signing Ryu (on Dec 23) so I think the talks broke down. Like Happ they went in another direction. All came down to what the other team was will to pay. Since both Price and Donaldson is still looking - you never know if price drops.

    Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Blue Jays are discussing a possible David Price trade with the Red Sox.
    Rosenthal notes that nothing is close, as the Sox are still talking to multiple teams about Price. Boston will have to eat a good chunk of the $96 million Price is still owed over the next three years in order to move him. The Blue Jays have already added Tanner Roark and Chase Anderson this offseason but would like to further bolster their rotation.

    RELATED: Toronto Blue Jays
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Dec 22, 2019, 3:11 PM ET
    Last edited by bucky; 12-28-19 at 10:00 AM. Reason: ref

  18. #218
    Addicted Member
    Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    GREAT JOB with Ryu!!! Roark was a solid pick too for the money. Read (rumor mill) TOR is talking to BoSox on Price and how much Boston will pay. If this happens they will be legit. I went to a game there (got abused by their fans) years ago and Donaldson single handedly beat us.

    ...

    Yes, if they did get Price they become very close to immediate contenders again.


    As for their fans, I live in Toronto and have stopped going to see the Yankees because of the vitriolic abuse Jays fans lay on them. If I ever go again, I'm making sure to try to get seats in the no-beer section. Beered up Jays fans are an unpleasant sight.

  19. #219
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Yes, if they did get Price they become very close to immediate contenders again.


    As for their fans, I live in Toronto and have stopped going to see the Yankees because of the vitriolic abuse Jays fans lay on them. If I ever go again, I'm making sure to try to get seats in the no-beer section. Beered up Jays fans are an unpleasant sight.
    Yes. They will be better (3rd) than last year. IMO They are not going more than 20M for Price with BOS paying 10M. (BOS is talking to LAD with Betts) TOR has money to spend but getting Ryu over Price a great move and a nice contract. I love the 3 amigos (Vlad Jr, Buchette, Biggio) and watched them in Manchester, NH. They may/will go for a bat and RP.

    If you are a Yankee fan you have to go to the games incognito. Rogers Center is a great place but I will never wear my Yankee jersey there again (worst than Boston - "Yankees Suck" fans). What's up there beside the tower? I like the city but that national museum is boring, hockey museum (I think), ?...I drive up stay go to a restaurant, walk around, go to the game and drive home.....

  20. #220
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jan 2018

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Yes, if they did get Price they become very close to immediate contenders again.


    As for their fans, I live in Toronto and have stopped going to see the Yankees because of the vitriolic abuse Jays fans lay on them. If I ever go again, I'm making sure to try to get seats in the no-beer section. Beered up Jays fans are an unpleasant sight.
    last yankees/jays game i went to , i had a jays fan sitting behind me and he kept yelling at me and threatening to dump his beer on me . in the end he was just all talk, but he still annoyed me

  21. #221
    Addicted Member
    Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Yes. They will be better (3rd) than last year. IMO They are not going more than 20M for Price with BOS paying 10M. (BOS is talking to LAD with Betts) TOR has money to spend but getting Ryu over Price a great move and a nice contract. I love the 3 amigos (Vlad Jr, Buchette, Biggio) and watched them in Manchester, NH. They may/will go for a bat and RP.

    If you are a Yankee fan you have to go to the games incognito. Rogers Center is a great place but I will never wear my Yankee jersey there again (worst than Boston - "Yankees Suck" fans). What's up there beside the tower? I like the city but that national museum is boring, hockey museum (I think), ?...I drive up stay go to a restaurant, walk around, go to the game and drive home.....

    Re your second paragraph: yes, that's good advice. No Yankee shirts (or hats). As for what is there in Toronto, well, restaurants are good. But in all honesty, when my relatives visit from the U.S., we're hard-pressed to know where to take them.

  22. #222
    Addicted Member
    Bauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    last yankees/jays game i went to , i had a jays fan sitting behind me and he kept yelling at me and threatening to dump his beer on me . in the end he was just all talk, but he still annoyed me

    The language they used on Alex R. was unbelievably vile.



    Your reference to a Jays fan sitting next to you reminded me of the very first Yankees / Jays game I saw, in their first year in Toronto, in that icy, wind-blown Exhibition Stadium. The guy sitting next to me was furious that the Yankees were batting first. "Damn it," he said, "this is our stadium!"

  23. #223
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jan 2018

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    The language they used on Alex R. was unbelievably vile.



    Your reference to a Jays fan sitting next to you reminded me of the very first Yankees / Jays game I saw, in their first year in Toronto, in that icy, wind-blown Exhibition Stadium. The guy sitting next to me was furious that the Yankees were batting first. "Damn it," he said, "this is our stadium!"
    i heard just as repulsive language from fellow yankee fans regarding arod . made me sick . i know he did steroids and all but he was still a heck of a player regardless

  24. #224
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: The Blue Jays Thread

    That reminds me of when I saw the Yankees play at old Metropolitan stadium. I sat next to a group of nice Twins fans. When the game went to the 10th inning the fans asked if the Yankees scored in the top of the 10th would the game be over? I laughed and said I certainly hope so.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts