+ Reply to Thread
Page 769 of 781 FirstFirst ... 269 669 719 759 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 779 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,225 of 19516

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

I didn't like re-signing him at the time and now it looks really bad. This guy is eating up $17 million a year of payroll for 4 years after this one to pitch ~70 innings.
    He gone!

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I'd still go with Ellsbury as the worse contract. They could relegate Chapman to LOOGY or mop up duty and there is also a chance that he will opt out in a couple of years (although that seems unlikely at this point). I also think there will always be a team willing to take a chance on him regaining his form if we eat some money. Ellsbury OTOH is untradeable.
    Right now, I agree. If things continues in this direction, we might be having a different conversation.

I was trying to joke, so as not to cry.

Montgomery optioned to Scranton. Ca$hmoney, baby!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Montgomery optioned to Scranton. Ca$hmoney, baby!
    They are playing the service time clock game
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

The fact that Torreyes is essentially getting a full season worth of ABs is an abject failure by you regardless of what you surround him with.

Same with Romine.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    The fact that Torreyes is essentially getting a full season worth of ABs is an abject failure by you regardless of what you surround him with.

Same with Romine.
    Preach!

Premature ecashulation. It happens.

NYYF Legend

they're gonna regret not getting a bat at the deadline (and please don't say frazier, he doesn't count)
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    they're gonna regret not getting a bat at the deadline (and please don't say frazier, he doesn't count)
    The cost was so low as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    The cost was so low as well.
    Let's examine this. Do you think a bat would have saved this team?

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    Let's examine this. Do you think a bat would have saved this team?
    I think it definitely would've helped. JD Martinez has an .898 OPS since the trade with 13 home runs. I think a bat of that quality would've helped by itself and if they had him I think they would've moved Judge down in the order sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    I think it definitely would've helped. JD Martinez has an .898 OPS since the trade with 13 home runs. I think a bat of that quality would've helped by itself and if they had him I think they would've moved Judge down in the order sooner.
    I guess what I'm trying to think through is how much and at what cost? I was one of the folks advocating for them to sell at the deadline. The reason I was pushing for that was that I just couldn't envision a scenario under which this was the Yankees' year. So I felt it was better to continue the work they started last July and unload $ and get some more prospects; albeit nothing close to what they got last year.

Sure a bat would have improved things, but it would have required a further depletion of resources and this team is still not championship caliber. At some stage, you are throwing good money after bad.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I guess what I'm trying to think through is how much and at what cost? I was one of the folks advocating for them to sell at the deadline. The reason I was pushing for that was that I just couldn't envision a scenario under which this was the Yankees' year. So I felt it was better to continue the work they started last July and unload $ and get some more prospects; albeit nothing close to what they got last year.

Sure a bat would have improved things, but it would have required a further depletion of resources and this team is still not championship caliber. At some stage, you are throwing good money after bad.
    Lets not even look at JD Martinez, someone like Duda or Bruce would have been perfect.

Instead of giving Littell away for Runs Garcia, those bats would have been much better upgrade.

Either way, we made our upgrades and are sitting on hopes that the IR will come back to save us. Bold move.

Im not saying that I didn't think we would be in a playoff push at this time, which is valuable, but now that we are, lets help it out.

NYYF Legend

There are batters within the system who can help.

But, you know, we wouldn't want to deprive Scranton from post season glory.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Suspended

This roster is bad and Cashman should feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Young players run out of gas. It happens- first full season in the majors for Judge, Sanchez, and Bird.

Lets not even look at JD Martinez, someone like Duda or Bruce would have been perfect.

Instead of giving Littell away for Runs Garcia, those bats would have been much better upgrade.

Either way, we made our upgrades and are sitting on hopes that the IR will come back to save us. Bold move.

Im not saying that I didn't think we would be in a playoff push at this time, which is valuable, but now that we are, lets help it out.
    The Garcia trade was unforgivable and a huge contingent here were of that opinion from its announcement. Littell being traded for just about anything else would have been a better usage of that resource.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post

Hey Brian, guess who became a tradeable asset over the past couple of months.

Ive half heartedly defended Chase for awhile, but if he isn't jettisoned in the offseason, Im sending you a bag of .................

NYYF Cy Young

Ive half heartedly defended Chase for awhile, but if he isn't jettisoned in the offseason, Im sending you a bag of .................
    good post. just want to add "don't sign Todd" I want to see Torres/Andujar at 3rd opening day. I actually like Chase at 3rd, Bird at 1st, and Holliday DH.

I think Headley can provide some value as a backup 3rd/1st guy. We all want Torres/Andjuar to be great, but the fact of the matter is Chase is already proven while Andujar has had just one game (yes it was a great game) and Torres hasn't played in one MLB game yet. I don't want Headley just traded away for nothing.

I wouldn't trade Chase. Depth is important. Look at how many outfielders we went through this season. Plus it buys the Yankees time for Torres and Andujar to develop more.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Our current bench is a joke right now given the expanded rosters and the available options in AAA.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    good post. just want to add "don't sign Todd" I want to see Torres/Andujar at 3rd opening day. I actually like Chase at 3rd, Bird at 1st, and Holliday DH.
    I don't think the Yankees will resign Frazier. I think Torres and Andujar both start the season at AAA.

Look at all the injuries we had this season, we need all the depth.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79 View Post
    I don't think the Yankees will resign Frazier. I think Torres and Andujar both start the season at AAA.

Look at all the injuries we had this season, we need all the depth.
    I hope so. Andujar is being called up soon. I'm not crazy with Wade and hope Clint gets back in OF. Gardy is not looking good.

Thread Information