+ Reply to Thread
Page 729 of 781 FirstFirst ... 229 629 679 719 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 739 779 ... LastLast
Results 18,201 to 18,225 of 19516

Re: Brian Cashman Performance Thread 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Another exciting pickup by our clueless GM. Ike Davis
    Another bland and boring move from the worst GM in baseball. So predictable. I said as much only 3 days ago:

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...=1#post8148801
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Another bland and boring move from the worst GM in baseball. So predictable. I said as much only 3 days ago:

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...=1#post8148801
    OK they who would you have signed after losing 3 1st baseman to injuries in a matter of 3 weeks? Please tell us who is out there? What GM is willing to give us their 1st baseman right now?

Some of you guys find new and interesting ways to complain about something.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    OK they who would you have signed after losing 3 1st baseman to injuries in a matter of 3 weeks? Please tell us who is out there? What GM is willing to give us their 1st baseman right now?

what you're seeing is not solely based on this transaction alone. It's based on years of transactions like this; picking guys off the scrap heap. the fact that they either are unwilling to use resources within or just don't have any is a serious problem. This team is a mess in many areas. This particular area is more frustrating than any of them. Granted, if not for Bird's injury we wouldn't be discussing this but it's just another example of the Yankees current way of doing things. I'm sick of seeing projects and players that were once good or had a ceiling that was supposed to be good. It's just flat out maddening to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    what you're seeing is not solely based on this transaction alone. It's based on years of transactions like this; picking guys off the scrap heap. the fact that they either are unwilling to use resources within or just don't have any is a serious problem. This team is a mess in many areas. This particular area is more frustrating than any of them. Granted, if not for Bird's injury we wouldn't be discussing this but it's just another example of the Yankees current way of doing things. I'm sick of seeing projects and players that once were good or had a ceiling that was supposed to be good. It's just flat out maddening to be honest.
    Thank you for phrasing this much more eloquently than I could.

Here's a novel idea: How about giving your so-called prospects a real audition since we can all agree that this is not a world championship-caliber team?

And if you feel there are no decent prospects in your system who can play 1B, how about moving McCann to 1B and letting Gary Sanchez show what he can do behind the plate?

Heck, they could have even signed Justin Morneau a few days ago, but even he was too rich for their blood...

NYYF Legend

Here's a novel idea: How about giving your so-called prospects a real audition since we can all agree that this is not a world championship-caliber team?

And if you feel there are no decent prospects in your system who can play 1B, how about moving McCann to 1B and letting Gary Sanchez show what he can do behind the plate?

Heck, they could have even signed Justin Morneau a few days ago, but even he was too rich for their blood...
    Morneau isn't ready for the majors just yet. The Yankees want someone now. Davis is out hitting Swisher at AAA this season so I have no problem with this signing. Refsnyder is still going to play but is not a great fielder and isn't really hitting well either.

Morneau isn't ready for the majors just yet. The Yankees want someone now. Davis is out hitting Swisher at AAA this season so I have no problem with this signing. Refsnyder is still going to play but is not a great fielder and isn't really hitting well either.

Fine, forget about Morneau - how about giving Sanchez a chance to catch every day and move McCann to 1B?

What's the point to having prospects when you're going to bury them in favor of underachieving scrubs with no ceiling?

It never ceases to amaze me that there are still people here defending this man. After years of flat out being bad at his job in the supposed toughest sports town in the USA, he still has people carrying water for him. Cashman lives a charmed life.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that there are still people here defending this man. After years of flat out being bad at his job in the supposed toughest sports town in the USA, he still has people carrying water for him. Cashman lives a charmed life.
    I am not defending his record but I can't fault him for signing a 1st baseman after losing 3 of them in 3 weeks The problem with McCann at 1st is having not having a natural 1st baseman on the roster with McCann and Refsnyder playing out of position. Sanchez just got off the DL and has only DHed so he may not be ready to catch yet.

I am not defending his record but I can't fault him for signing a 1st baseman after losing 3 of them in 3 weeks The problem with McCann at 1st is having not having a natural 1st baseman on the roster with McCann and Refsnyder playing out of position. Sanchez just got off the DL and has only DHed so he may not be ready to catch yet.
    The Yankees haven't had a natural 2B for 3 years...

Cashman suffers from Aaron Small syndrome. He's been a dumpster diver since Small turned into a diamond that year
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

The Yankees haven't had a natural 2B for 3 years...
    That is simply untrue. Brian Roberts was a career 2nd baseman.

That is simply untrue. Brian Roberts was a career 2nd baseman.
    Until he got to the Yankees and became a dumpster fire.

NYYF Legend

Fine, forget about Morneau - how about giving Sanchez a chance to catch every day and move McCann to 1B?

What's the point to having prospects when you're going to bury them in favor of underachieving scrubs with no ceiling?

Unfortunatly Sanchez back on the DL at Scranton.

Figures. What happened?

I agree. Try out the prospects otherwise how will you ever know what you have?

Team isnt going anywhere...

NYYF Legend

He was activated from the DL, not placed back on it.

Suspended

Wowsa. I can't believe they are trying Sanchez at 1B. They are so so bad at this. Go trade McCann dummy.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

I think it is the other way around...he's just now back.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    I think it is the other way around...he's just now back.
    I must be on your ignore list

He's come off the DL, not gone on it.
    CONTRACTS and only CONTRACTS determine how much GMs value players

NYYF Legend

He just got off the DL, he didn't go back on it

Ha, well-played
    CONTRACTS and only CONTRACTS determine how much GMs value players

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Wowsa. I can't believe they are trying Sanchez at 1B. They are so so bad at this. Go trade McCann dummy.

NYYF Legend

Where did anyone get news that Sanchez had to go back onto the DL after one game? Also where was it reported that he is being tried at 1B?

Thread Information