+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: A question about tattoos

IMHO, the dumbest tattoos are when non-Asians get Chinese letters and they have no clue what they mean -- or that they might be nonsensical.

And then there are those who just can't spell....
    Last edited by penfold; 08-24-09 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by penfold
    IMHO, the dumbest tattoos are when non-Asians get Chinese letters and they have no clue what they mean -- or that they might be nonsensical.

And then there are those who just can't spell....
    HAHAHAHAHA! Oh MAN.

I've never had tattoos and never will. On a scale of 1-10, I think the level at which I find them appealing is -28. But if people want to have them, it's their personal choice.

For those of you who currently have one (exposed), do you hope to initiate a response from others as a conversation starter?
    I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

NYYF Legend

Sometimes I contemplate getting one, but I'm not too thrilled about the fact that it's permanent.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by penfold
    They think it says "Wisdom", it really says "Chicken with Garlic Sauce".
    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's
    2016 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League Champjons

its like buying a diamond ring for your wife. something thats suppose to last for ever and suppose to represent your comittment and love. doesnt always work out that way nearly half the time but doesnt stop people from buying rings now does it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeman61
    For those of you who currently have one (exposed), do you hope to initiate a response from others as a conversation starter?
    I don't mind when people comment on them, but I am not hoping people will notice. That's not why I got them.

I get a lot of questions about the one on the top of my foot. Most people ask if it hurt and that they want one there but heard it's very painful.

I tell them all tattoos hurt, and it really depends on two things...the tattoo artist and the person's tolerance for pain.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Quote Originally Posted by xenochimera
    its like buying a diamond ring for your wife. something thats suppose to last for ever and suppose to represent your comittment and love. doesnt always work out that way nearly half the time but doesnt stop people from buying rings now does it.
    Of course, they can take the ring off.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    I don't mind when people comment on them, but I am not hoping people will notice. That's not why I got them.

I get a lot of questions about the one on the top of my foot. Most people ask if it hurt and that they want one there but heard it's very painful.

I tell them all tattoos hurt, and it really depends on two things...the tattoo artist and the person's tolerance for pain.
    The people I know personally who have tattoos all talk about the pain involved. All but one had regrets about getting one (or more). One guy I know started when he was in the Navy and just kept going until his entire back and arms were covered. He wears a t-shirt when he swims now. I asked him why he got so many and he just said, "I don't know. I was just young and stupid" (his words )
    I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd
    Of course, they can take the ring off.
    right but the dude lose the ring in the divorce no? engagement+wedding rings=up to $10k, heck, i bet you can get most tattoos removed at that cost.

NYYF Legend

The people I know personally who have tattoos all talk about the pain involved. All but one had regrets about getting one (or more). One guy I know started when he was in the Navy and just kept going until his entire back and arms were covered. He wears a t-shirt when he swims now. I asked him why he got so many and he just said, "I don't know. I was just young and stupid" (his words )
    I was 33 when I got mine. So I'm pretty certain that I won't turn 53 and say, "Oh sh!t, what was I thinking." Especially since I'm thinking of what I want to get next.

NYYF Legend

It's not horrible pain. If it was so bad, so many people wouldn't go back for more.

My husband has 11 tattoos. The newest ones are 20 years old. The older ones, he got when he was 18-20 or thereabouts. He doesn't regret any of them, but they really don't look great anymore. The colors they used back then didn't last like the colors they use now. He wants to have some re-done and re-colored. He just hasn't gotten around to it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    I was 33 when I got mine. So I'm pretty certain that I won't turn 53 and say, "Oh sh!t, what was I thinking." Especially since I'm thinking of what I want to get next.
    I feel the same way. I was 36 when I got the first two.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I've written this before....I got a tatoo at about age 14 (homemade). Dumb. Very dumb. Don't get one when you're that young. I had it removed when I was about 27 or so......

I got my first tattoo at age 20, and my second one last month, on my 29th birthday. The first one is a dolphin because I love dolphins; the second one is the navy blue interlocking . Obviously I love the Yankees. Both of mine are on my back (dolphin - left lower back; - right shoulder blade). They are both very small and easily covered. I love both of them. I don't know that I'd get a dolphin now because it doesn't have a whole lot of meaning; I only got it because I love dolphins. However, I don't regret it. It's still pretty, even 8 1/2 years later.

I think if they're done well, they can be beautiful works of art. Done poorly, they are hideous.

I don't know if I would ever actually get one, but I do understand the appeal. No knock against dolphins, but I would look to only get ones that carry more meaning to me. Of course, they're not cheap and it takes a lot of trust and patience to let someone permanently ink your body. Morphing is a bit of a concern for me too, but I don't think that would bother me too much since the tat(s) would still carry the memory of when and why I had it done. I think I will get some eventually, but I'm in no hurry. I have some ideas, some of which my brother drew out beautifully (I can't draw to save my life).

Quote Originally Posted by bigjf
    I don't know if I would ever actually get one, but I do understand the appeal. No knock against dolphins, but I would look to only get ones that carry more meaning to me. Of course, they're not cheap and it takes a lot of trust and patience to let someone permanently ink your body. Morphing is a bit of a concern for me too, but I don't think that would bother me too much since the tat(s) would still carry the memory of when and why I had it done. I think I will get some eventually, but I'm in no hurry. I have some ideas, some of which my brother drew out beautifully (I can't draw to save my life).
    Like I said, I probably wouldn't get the dolphin now because though I love them, it doesn't have much meaning. I was only 20, but I wasn't stupid enough to get something that I'd possibly hate in the future. I don't regret it, because I still think it's cute. Plus, it's really small and nobody ever sees it. It's on my left lower back. It's not as though it's some huge, ugly thing that is in plain sight. IIRC, it cost about $40, so I didn't blow a whole bunch of cash on it.

The tat was only $60. I printed it out and took it to the shop with me, and the guy enlarged the picture. The copy I took was really small, and he said it might not turn out too well, so I had him make the tat a bit larger. I LOVE it!

NYYF Legend

I think my next one is going to be a little paw print. I think that suits me pretty well.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

I can't wait to get my tattoo done.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    I can't wait to get my tattoo done.
    Oh man, if you were still in Po, I'd come up there tomorrow and take you

Oh man, if you were still in Po, I'd come up there tomorrow and take you
    LMAO I'd be all over that! I'm actually waiting on a couple people to finish drawing it for me....I made 3 different people draw what I wanted and whoever's I like best, I'll use

NYYF Legend

LMAO I'd be all over that! I'm actually waiting on a couple people to finish drawing it for me....I made 3 different people draw what I wanted and whoever's I like best, I'll use
    Cool.

Then I'd take you out and we'd get drunk.

Cool.

Then I'd take you out and we'd get drunk.
    Hell yes

What are you going to get?

Thread Information