+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Craig Carton from Carton & Boomer

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    I listen to Boomer and Carton and Mike & the Mad Dog. What can I say....there is not much else to listen to on sports radio.
    Pssst! Get XM radio. Great baseball sports talks station!
    Posts in invisible key strokes

Quote Originally Posted by keg411
    I like them, but I like Kellerman's show better. He's a Yankee homer and is completely shamelessly aweomse about it . Too bad the shows are on opposite each other.

As cheesy and Mike & Mike are on ESPN, they actually make sports talk positive and likeable for the most part. They are able to have discussion and disagreements without screaming and they treat all of their guests with respect. I know they don't take callers and it's corporate and ESPN and all, but it's kind of a nice change pace over all of the paranoia and venom that can get into the medium.
    I totally agree with you about Mike & Mike and Kellerman.
    Die hard Yankee fan since 1974.

[URL="http://www.claybuchholzloveslaptops.blogspot.com"][/URL]

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but Craig Carton makes my skin crawl. He reminds me of Danny Bonaduce too, and that's not a good thing.
    Die hard Yankee fan since 1974.

[URL="http://www.claybuchholzloveslaptops.blogspot.com"][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    Yes. Mrs. Codey was speaking out about post-partum depression, and he made fun of her. Gov. Codey was so pissed he said he would beat him up, if he weren't an elected official.
    I once met Codey at a charity dinner while he was still acting gov. and we chatted for a bit. He was the most down to earth and funny pol I've ever met. If he's not a truly good guy, he was doing a damn good impersonation of one. Oh, and he was not shy about helping himself to seconds (and thirds!) at the buffet line.

His response to this slimeball/attention whore Carton was perfect.
    Fall down a rabbit hole: Joe Frank.com

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967
    Pssst! Get XM radio. Great baseball sports talks station!
    I just might...esp now that I'll have a half hour commute to work.

One thing I dont like about max is he pretends to be this saber guy but then says dumb stuff at times like "joba is more valuable as a relief ace then as a starter" which is completly against anything saber.

Also some of his yankee homerism is a little too much. Like when he went on and on about gardner having this great approach and championship approach just because of that one cheap hit vs papelbon. Also when he said bernie was the most important or most valuable yankee and teams game planned around him. Now I love bernie and he was the 2nd most valuable yankee to the dnyasty but he wasnt more valuable then jeter. Jeter was the mvp of the dynasty. Just look at his vorp. Also I dont beleive other teams game planned around any single player in the yankees dynasty lineup. Also I love edwar ramirez but hes too much with him. The guy is not the best relief pitcher in baseball. And remember how high he was on kennedy ?

I couldnt even listen to Carton this AM. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate carton right now but honestly I think hes right.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sabermet prospectus
    I hate carton right now but honestly I think hes right.
    What is he saying?
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

Does he have some kind of bet with Boomer that the Yankees aren't making the playoffs? I usually only catch snippets of the show.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey
    Does he have some kind of bet with Boomer that the Yankees aren't making the playoffs? I usually only catch snippets of the show.
    I know in the beginning of the year he sadi the yanks will miss the playoof. Since the Muts are sputtering and the yanks are floundering. He has to incite the Yankee fans so they will call and his show will get ratings.

All Praises Be to Mariano destro's Avatar

show is terrible, guy should go back to 101.5 and pretending he is italian
    [B][SIZE=1][I]"Fans don't boo nobodies..." - Reggie Jackson
    [/I][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by sabermet prospectus
    One thing I dont like about max is he pretends to be this saber guy but then says dumb stuff at times like "joba is more valuable as a relief ace then as a starter" which is completly against anything saber.

Also some of his yankee homerism is a little too much. Like when he went on and on about gardner having this great approach and championship approach just because of that one cheap hit vs papelbon. Also when he said bernie was the most important or most valuable yankee and teams game planned around him. Now I love bernie and he was the 2nd most valuable yankee to the dnyasty but he wasnt more valuable then jeter. Jeter was the mvp of the dynasty. Just look at his vorp. Also I dont beleive other teams game planned around any single player in the yankees dynasty lineup. Also I love edwar ramirez but hes too much with him. The guy is not the best relief pitcher in baseball. And remember how high he was on kennedy ?
    I don't recall him ever saying that about Joba, but I don't listen all the time. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought he was all for having Joba as a starter. In any case, he doesn't have to be right all the time, but he usually does support his arguments well and takes a reasonable stance on most debates.

As far as his lust for IPK, most were pretty high on him until this year. His stuff was compared to Mussina's. That's pretty good reason to be high on him in the past.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by destro
    show is terrible, guy should go back to 101.5 and pretending he is italian
    Not to mention pretending he lives in New Jersey. He lived in the Philadelphia area the whole time he was on the show. OOPS.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    Not to mention pretending he lives in New Jersey. He lived in the Philadelphia area the whole time he was on the show. OOPS.
    ....born and raised in Westchester County as well....Double OOPs...

Carton is having a Yankees funeral in September for the death of the 2008 Yankees....we should crash it.
    Home of [URL="http://www.nysuperfan.com/allstga20it.html"]PRIDE IN PINSTRIPES[/URL]
    [U]
    [URL="http://www.nysuperfan.com/"]www.nysuperfan.com[/URL][/U] For NYC Sports Gear

[URL="http://www.nysuperblog.com/"]www.nysuperblog.com[/URL] "A Blog For The NYC Sports Fan"

2009..."The Empire Strikes Back"
    [U] [URL="http://www.nysuperfan.com"]
    [/URL][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesnumber1
    Carton is having a Yankees funeral in September for the death of the 2008 Yankees....we should crash it.
    B/c the Muts are certaintly running away with the division. This guy is such a douche!

NYYF Legend

He was promoting some kind of celebration for Yankee haters on the team's demise this season. What a tool.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

This would never fly in other cities. It's one thing to attack the players, coaches and owners but to completly rip on a home team in that cities sports radio station is insane. The Yankees need to pay attention and stop letting WMET, I mean WFAN broadcast the M&MD as retaliation. Carton has about as much sports IQ as Artie Lange on Howard.

M&MD is not much better. I don't know how some of you can deal with the Angry Puppys rants and whining. They are not that knowledgable. From mispronoucing names to complete ignorance of the Yankees farm, to all but ignoring the Super Bowl Champs except for 1 month earlier this year. The options on 1050 are way better during their time slots.

Evan & Joe give equal radio time to the Yankees??? Please, all they talk about are the Mets & Jets.

1050 is better than the FAN in that they at least hire Yankee fans like Kay, Tierney, Kellerman and Screaming A. However Kay & LaGrecca spend more time discussing and interviewing the Mets players and coaches than they do for the Yankees. You really can no escape the onslaught of Mets coverage on NYC sports radio. XM is the only place for fair and balanced coverage in baseball. Thankfully the Yankees are always a national story so they spend plenty of time talking about them on Home Plate and ESPN.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by BombersBlvd
    Is there a more sour, more pissy little crybaby girl on local sports radio than this dude? Jayson Stark meanderings aside, I kind of understand the whole Yankee-fans-reading-too-much-into-media-bias thing, but I don't believe I'm exaggerating when I say that I can turn on the radio at any given time in the a.m. and this Carton dude finds ways to spew some kind of downer Yankee propaganda into a conversation that started out having nothing even to do w/ the Yankees.

We get it - you don't like the Yankees, ok, at least make it funny. Even Russo I can listen to. Russo actually has the capacity to be funny. Russo is like an objective Socrates compared to this guy (for example, today Carton is asking what Yankees fans think about their team currently being "mathematically eliminated from the playoffs" (huh??) On another day where Tino Martinez calls in to promote a children's charity, he all but accuses him of using steroids:

[Carton, paraphrased, but not by much]: "Tino, speaking of this Roger Clemens/Mitchell Report stuff, some could even look at your #'s during your peak homerun seasons and maybe start to look at those w/ suspicion, what do you say?"

Tino response: "Well, thanks guys, it's been great, gotta go, talk to you later" [click... even Boomer is embarrassed]

It's really annoying because I like ESPN's Mike & Mike's personalities the best as far as morning radio goes, but I think nothing beats WFAN's NY sports fan's perspective. Unfortunately Carton is such a bitter little stick in the mud that I can't bear listening to him and his Debbie Downer schtick getting in the way of Boomer's broadcast.

Carton sucks - he sucked in Philly, he sucked in Jersey and now he sucks in NY. Everyone should ignore his little show hopefully the little weasel can just slime his way out of here.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72
    1050 is better than the FAN in that they at least hire Yankee fans like Kay, Tierney, Kellerman and Screaming A. However Kay & LaGrecca spend more time discussing and interviewing the Mets players and coaches than they do for the Yankees. You really can no escape the onslaught of Mets coverage on NYC sports radio. XM is the only place for fair and balanced coverage in baseball. Thankfully the Yankees are always a national story so they spend plenty of time talking about them on Home Plate and ESPN.
    SAS is gone... but Max Kellerman develops 99.9% of his show to the Yankees (and is a total homer about it) and pretty much laughs at the Mets any chance he can get. LaGreca is a Mets fan and Kay likes to rag on him about it, so it's not like they get positive coverage on that show either.
    UM now, UM always
    #21 - We will never forget you.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Arrested on Federal charges this morning:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/09/...rton-arrested/
    What do tigers dream of when they take a little tiger snooze?

"FRAUDS like myself!"

"Oh my gawd Jawn! Carton's in the BOXXXXXX!!"

Yeah, this is major. You don't get arrested by the FBI for nothing. I feel sad, in a way. His whole schtick on the show was horrible but I didn't think he was really a bad guy. He did a lot of charity work from what I understand and he's a father of 4 (?) so I figured it was all just an act. Apparently not.

More details...
    http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/wfan-ho...rested-by-fbi/

Looks like his gambling debts gave way to this. Sad.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

NYYF Cy Young

His biggest mistake was not being a banker.

Thread Information