+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Is it possible Roy Halladay is traded?

If the Jays fall out of contention. Is it possibe they fall into complete rebuild mode and try to trade Roy Halladay? If he becomes available what are you willing to give up? He's signed for two more years at 09:$14.25M, 10:$15.75M. I don't know about you guys, but I'd be willing to give up a lot. A potential rotation of

Halladay
    Sabathia
    Joba
    Wang
    Hughes

is too sexy.

NYYF Cy Young

Re: Is it possible Roy Halladay is traded?

He might become available because the Jays have a ridiculous amount of young pitching- but I doubt they'd trade him within the division.

I would love that rotation, but he is a huge part of their pitching.

I would love him, but I can't see Toronto trading him, especially in their division.

NYYF Legend

Hughes, Joba, Cano, Jackson might do it...lol

Please stop it. This is the worst thread yet. The Jays aren't trading one of the best pitchers in baseball, one that is under contract for another 2 years and makes $15 million a year.

If Toronto is going to trade anyone, it's going to be A.J. Burnett because he has an opt-out clause at the end of this year.

Cashman has already said not to expect a blockbuster trade, and it almost certainly wouldn't happen with a division rival.

NYYF Legend

keep dreaming... sorry, they aren't trading halladay to the yankees, no chance. he anchors their young staff and they love him up there.

i like your thinking but it just won't happen.

The Jays would never trade him to the Yankees.

Forum Regular
    A train ride and two subways from the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by surge511
    The Jays would never trade him to the Yankees.
    I agree, first of all they arent going to trade him to anyone, no way, and if they did it would NOT be the yanks. Toronto is looking to build around guys like him and McGowan.

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left. " Yogi Berra

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

I love your rotation idea but to tell you the truth no offense but it's just to Fantasy team like. I mean first of all we're gonna need to give up a lot of our guys to get him. And if we trade for Sabathia it's even more guys we have to give up. Once again I love your rotation idea it just doesn't sound very realistic Toronto would never trade in their division. I say we just go after Sabathia because there's a real chance we could get him.

Wang

Sabathia

Hughes

Joba

Kennedy/Horne etc.

might not be as sexy as

Wang

Halladay

Sabathia

Hughes

Joba

but it's a whole lot more realistic.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

It probably is a fantasy that Halladay would be traded to the Yankees, but I don't think the Jays trading Halladay is complete fantasy. I think this is going to be J.P.'s last year, if they don't get into contention, I can see them going into complete rebuild mode.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    It probably is a fantasy that Halladay would be traded to the Yankees, but I don't think the Jays trading Halladay is complete fantasy. I think this is going to be J.P.'s last year, if they don't get into contention, I can see them going into complete rebuild mode.
    That Wells contract is an absolute killer already - unbelievable.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    Maybe not a complete fantasy. You're right that would be a dream rotation. But, as of now until I hear otherwise and Halladay could be had for not to many of our guys. That unfortunately is what it's going to be a dream. Right now I don't think anyone can deny Sabathia is much more likely to come to the Yankees at this present point. And besides I wanna leave a spot or two open for the guys in the farm like Horne etc.etc. I think they can be impressive starters.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Not to rehash what's already been said but this would never happen in a million years. Halladay is a beast but no chance of this happening. Toronto trading him within the division is laughable. He is a legitimate ace starting pitcher and those are as rare as it gets in baseball these days. It's fun to dream but this is just too far out there.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989
    keep dreaming... sorry, they aren't trading halladay to the yankees, no chance. he anchors their young staff and they love him up there.

i like your thinking but it just won't happen.
    umm didn't they trade us clemens after his 2nd consecutive cy young season with them?

I still think it is fantasyland but for a really good haul I could see the Jays dealing with the Yanks though I imagine the asking price is similar to or higher than what the Twins wanted for Santana.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper
    umm didn't they trade us clemens after his 2nd consecutive cy young season with them?

I still think it is fantasyland but for a really good haul I could see the Jays dealing with the Yanks though I imagine the asking price is similar to or higher than what the Twins wanted for Santana.
    they did, i remembered that before I posted. i just don't see it happening at all.

Reject Fascism

Yes it's possible they would deal him. No, it's unlikely any team in the AL East would get him.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967
    Yes it's possible they would deal him. No, it's unlikely any team in the AL East would get him.
    This is what I think.
    Certainly not to the Yankees.
    If anything, the BJs will shuffle him off to Boston to stick it to the Yankees, but there is more chance of contracting leprosy.
    "Leave it to Yankees fans to be upset at having too many great players.”—Hitman23

I think its more likely Burnett gets traded.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

They'll want bats with Snider being the only big name hitter in their system. So, if they did entertain the thought, it'd cost us Jackson and/or Montero +

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by R.V.47
    I think its more likely Burnett gets traded.
    Yes he's available..but one: the Jays won't deal him in division. two: he is waaay to injury prone, even know he has tremendous ability

Quote Originally Posted by NyyNjnNyg
    Yes he's available..but one: the Jays won't deal him in division. two: he is waaay to injury prone, even know he has tremendous ability
    He is injury prone without a doubt but this could be a rental type deal for us. He has an opt out clause after this season which he will likely use. Hopefully he can just stay healthy for the rest of the year.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

NYYF Legend

He is injury prone without a doubt but this could be a rental type deal for us. He has an opt out clause after this season which he will likely use. Hopefully he can just stay healthy for the rest of the year.
    Take a look at his 2008 stats. 4.90 ERA 1.51 WHIP

Nasty

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Take a look at his 2008 stats. 4.90 ERA 1.51 WHIP

Nasty
    I know all about AJ because my fantasy team has endured those numbers this year. But sometimes a change in scenery can help a guy out especially when going from pitching in front of 10,000 people in last place Toronto to the yankees. The guys stuff is just to good to finish the year witha 4.90 era.

NYYF Cy Young

I know all about AJ because my fantasy team has endured those numbers this year. But sometimes a change in scenery can help a guy out especially when going from pitching in front of 10,000 people in last place Toronto to the yankees. The guys stuff is just to good to finish the year witha 4.90 era.
    Some seen to think AJ's got the Cubbies, not the Yankees, on his mind.
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way. - Babe Ruth

Thread Information