+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 63 64 65 66
Results 1,626 to 1,633 of 1633
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    They got Enns too, and they were already spending the money for Garcia. MIN thought they were out of contention and they made the best of a bad situation by getting two prospects, prospects who had no future in NY. Cashman refused to pick up Garcia's salary, so MIN's only choices were to keep Garcia which they thought pointless at that point or move him to NY as they did, including picking up the salary as Cashman insisted on.

It really is exhausting, fully agreed on that. Maybe if you hadn't made ten thousand posts about it during the season, I'd stop.
    Unfortunately by not 'stopping' you've backed yourself into this very poor position. You are trying to paint a picture that the Twins options were to trade Garcia to the Yankees, or keep him. I can see why, it's the only way your argument makes any sense.

Firstly, there are other teams in baseball. Secondly, if they wanted to salary dump Garcia somewhere they could have. Enns for Garcia would have made sense if the Yankees were to pick up the contract. They wanted Littell. The cost was the remainder of Garcia's contract (4.5m).

It's not a hard concept to fathom. Give up better prospects, receive more salary relief. Give up worse prospects, eat more contract. Simple straightforward stuff in play here.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

OK, you convinced me, every team in baseball deeply wants Littell, I expect to see him right at the top of the trade value lists this summer.

Either that, or this was just as irrelevant a move as Webb for Cooper, another deal you whined endlessly about that didn't matter one bit.

NYYF Legend

OK, you convinced me, every team in baseball deeply wants Littell, I expect to see him right at the top of the trade value lists this summer.
    I've never tried to convince you of that. This is a poor exaggeration attempt.

Either that, or this was just as irrelevant a move as Webb for Cooper, another deal you whined endlessly about that didn't matter one bit.
    I liked Webb. His Webb's peripherals are intriguing despite his poor start in the majors. I would have preferred to keep him over acquiring Cooper. We had other options at 1B. However, he's not the first reliever to struggle upon call up in his first year. You keep pretending the guy is finished or Cooper is the awesome. Also, in case you didn't notice, we didn't care enough about our return (Cooper) to actually keep on the 40. We packaged with Caleb and got some more mediocrity and 250k in pool.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Also, in case you didn't notice, we didn't care enough about our return (Cooper) to actually keep on the 40. .
    No, I did notice, that's the point. Every single guy on both sides of all of these deals is close to irrelevant.

NYYF Legend

No, I did notice, that's the point. Every single guy on both sides of all of these deals is close to irrelevant.
    There's a sizeable gap in prospect status between Littell and Cooper/Webb. You don't seem to think so. Whatever.
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    There's a sizeable gap in prospect status between Littell and Cooper/Webb. You don't seem to think so. Whatever.
    CP, I find that I must agree with you on Littell. I could not understand the move either.

All the Littell talk reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZAuH7pSgc

In the end, it is much easier to fall in love with a fringe prospect when you have no responsibility toward your choice and zero effect on the team.
    A few years later when that fringe becomes nothing and is an after thought, all his fanboys mysteriously dissappears and starts praising the next future star prospect.
    But once in a blue moon, if that fringe becomes a useful player then it is forever an I-told-you-so moment.
    Rooting for a fringe prospect isn't bad on its own, but when those rabid fanboys act like they are always correct and starts dissing other poster's intelligence or team management's "stupidity", then it becomes pathetic.

I mean, had "dumb Cashman and co." had listened to the great words of this board, the 2017 Yankees would have had future Allstar 2B Refsnyder and SS Tyler Wade in the infield, Andujar manning 3B, JR Murphy being a better BUC than Romine (granted that isn't saying much), Shane Greene would've been a workhorse middle of rotation SP with Manny Banuelos being the co-ace of the staff.
    Didi is a useless crap SS who can't hit or field, and Hicks is a waste of space who the Yankees were too full of themselves to admit the mistake so kept on using them but had absolutely no future.

Oh, and Montero would've been the Yankees Ortiz, DHing 40 HRs every year.

Thread Information