+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 63 64 65 66
Results 1,626 to 1,641 of 1641
    Suspended

Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    They got Enns too, and they were already spending the money for Garcia. MIN thought they were out of contention and they made the best of a bad situation by getting two prospects, prospects who had no future in NY. Cashman refused to pick up Garcia's salary, so MIN's only choices were to keep Garcia which they thought pointless at that point or move him to NY as they did, including picking up the salary as Cashman insisted on.

It really is exhausting, fully agreed on that. Maybe if you hadn't made ten thousand posts about it during the season, I'd stop.
    Unfortunately by not 'stopping' you've backed yourself into this very poor position. You are trying to paint a picture that the Twins options were to trade Garcia to the Yankees, or keep him. I can see why, it's the only way your argument makes any sense.

Firstly, there are other teams in baseball. Secondly, if they wanted to salary dump Garcia somewhere they could have. Enns for Garcia would have made sense if the Yankees were to pick up the contract. They wanted Littell. The cost was the remainder of Garcia's contract (4.5m).

It's not a hard concept to fathom. Give up better prospects, receive more salary relief. Give up worse prospects, eat more contract. Simple straightforward stuff in play here.

OK, you convinced me, every team in baseball deeply wants Littell, I expect to see him right at the top of the trade value lists this summer.

Either that, or this was just as irrelevant a move as Webb for Cooper, another deal you whined endlessly about that didn't matter one bit.

Suspended

OK, you convinced me, every team in baseball deeply wants Littell, I expect to see him right at the top of the trade value lists this summer.
    I've never tried to convince you of that. This is a poor exaggeration attempt.

Either that, or this was just as irrelevant a move as Webb for Cooper, another deal you whined endlessly about that didn't matter one bit.
    I liked Webb. His Webb's peripherals are intriguing despite his poor start in the majors. I would have preferred to keep him over acquiring Cooper. We had other options at 1B. However, he's not the first reliever to struggle upon call up in his first year. You keep pretending the guy is finished or Cooper is the awesome. Also, in case you didn't notice, we didn't care enough about our return (Cooper) to actually keep on the 40. We packaged with Caleb and got some more mediocrity and 250k in pool.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Also, in case you didn't notice, we didn't care enough about our return (Cooper) to actually keep on the 40. .
    No, I did notice, that's the point. Every single guy on both sides of all of these deals is close to irrelevant.

Suspended

No, I did notice, that's the point. Every single guy on both sides of all of these deals is close to irrelevant.
    There's a sizeable gap in prospect status between Littell and Cooper/Webb. You don't seem to think so. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    There's a sizeable gap in prospect status between Littell and Cooper/Webb. You don't seem to think so. Whatever.
    CP, I find that I must agree with you on Littell. I could not understand the move either.

All the Littell talk reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZAuH7pSgc

In the end, it is much easier to fall in love with a fringe prospect when you have no responsibility toward your choice and zero effect on the team.
    A few years later when that fringe becomes nothing and is an after thought, all his fanboys mysteriously dissappears and starts praising the next future star prospect.
    But once in a blue moon, if that fringe becomes a useful player then it is forever an I-told-you-so moment.
    Rooting for a fringe prospect isn't bad on its own, but when those rabid fanboys act like they are always correct and starts dissing other poster's intelligence or team management's "stupidity", then it becomes pathetic.

I mean, had "dumb Cashman and co." had listened to the great words of this board, the 2017 Yankees would have had future Allstar 2B Refsnyder and SS Tyler Wade in the infield, Andujar manning 3B, JR Murphy being a better BUC than Romine (granted that isn't saying much), Shane Greene would've been a workhorse middle of rotation SP with Manny Banuelos being the co-ace of the staff.
    Didi is a useless crap SS who can't hit or field, and Hicks is a waste of space who the Yankees were too full of themselves to admit the mistake so kept on using them but had absolutely no future.

Oh, and Montero would've been the Yankees Ortiz, DHing 40 HRs every year.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator View Post
    Originally Posted by groundhoggator

Here is the official 40 man roster (2017-2018 OFFSEASON) - UPDATED 11/26/17

Players on the closing 40 man roster at the end of the 2017 Season

Players added to 40 man roster this offseason

Active Roster = Bold - on 25 man roster (not active during offseason)

* = on 10 day DL
    + = on 60 day DL
    # - on 7 day DL (concussion)
    $ - suspended list

SLOTS Taken (40/40)

PITCHERS (20)

1. Albert Abreu
    2. Domingo Acevedo
    3. Dellin Betances
    4. Luis Cessa
    5. Aroldis Chapman
    6. Giovanny Gallegos
    7. Domingo German
    8. Sonny Gray
    9. Chad Green
    10. Ben Heller
    11. Jonathan Holder
    12. Tommy Kahnle
    13. Jonathan Loaisiga
    14. Bryan Mitchell
    15. Jordan Montgomery
    16. David Robertson
    17. Luis Severino
    18. Chase Shreve
    19. Masashiro Tanaka
    20. Adam Warren

POSITIONAL PLAYERS (20)

CATCHERS (3)

21. Kyle Higashioka
    22. Austin Romine
    23. Gary Sanchez

INFIELDERS (10)

24. Miguel Andujar
    25. Tyler Austin
    26. Greg Bird
    27. Starlin Castro
    28. Thairo Estrada
    29. Didi Gregorius
    30. Chase Headley
    31. Gleyber Torres
    32. Ronald Torreyes
    33. Tyler Wade

OUTFIELDERS (7)

34. Jake Cave
    35. Jacoby Ellsbury
    36. Clint Frazier
    37. Brett Gardner
    38. Aaron Hicks
    39. Aaron Judge
    40. Billy McKinney

-------------------------------

2017-2018 OFFSEASON TRANSACTION THREAD

11/2 -Post World Series - removal from 40 man as FA (Holiday, Sabathia, Frazier, Pineda, Garicia, & Kratz);
    11/3 - Cessa activated off 60 day DL and placed on 40 man roster; Tanaka waived his opt-out. 36/40 slots available
    11/6 - Nick Rumbelow & Jake Cave added to 40 man roster - 38/40 slots taken
    11/18 - TRADE - Rumbelow traded to Seattle for J.P. Sears & Juan Than - 37/40 slots taken
    11/20 - TRADE - Herrera traded to Texas for Reiver Sanmartin - 36/40 slots taken
    11/20 - TRADE - Smith & Cooper traded to Miami for Michael King & 250k Int'l $$ - 34/40 slots taken
    11/20 - Rule V protection adds - Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney, Jonathan Loaisiga, Albert Abreu, Domingo Acevedo & Thairo Estrada - 40/40 slots taken

With the Rule V protection deadline complete - Some observations:

A) Balance - never in the 9+ years of providing 40 man roster tracker have we seen such balance in roster management.
    - 20 pitchers & 20 positional players
    - Positional Players subdivided to 3 Catchers, 10 IF's, 7 OF's
    - Pitching balance of starters/relievers & youth/experienced

B) Homegrown Yankees (defined as either being added to 40 man for first time w/NYY or drafted by them) - highest it's been as well - 30/40 players - 75% were developed by NY before earning service time. If you want to count Tanaka (since it didn't play with any other MLB team - it jumps to 77.5%)... Remember the days of having 25% of the roster and thinking if we can get to half. (the 10 players who don't qualify - Tanaka, Gray, Chapman, Headley, Hicks, Castro, Gregorius, Torreyes, Ellsbury & Cessa)

C) Over 80% of the players are either pre-arbitration or arbitration eligible (7 players not - Chapman, Robertson, Ellsbury, Gardner, Headley, Castro, & Tanaka). Huge point of emphasis with goal of getting under 197.

D) Youth (under 30) - Chronologically speaking - 12.5% (1/8 of roster) was born prior to 1/1/1988. Those 5 players - (Robertson, Gardner, Ellsbury, Headley, & Warren) not surprisingly will be the subject of many a trade rumor this offseason. Also of note - another 4 players turn 30 in 2018 (Betances, Chapman, Tanaka & Romine). Never would've thought that Chapman is only 1 month older than Betances - strange but true. Also Romine's age (and yes his ability) - is a reason why possible non-tender could be in the future.

E) If there is one roster imbalance that might be acquired subtly this offseason (thinking non-40 man acquistions for SWB) it's the dearth of LHP on the 40 man. Only Chapman, Montgomery & Shreve throw from the south side. With Shreve out of options - it will be interesting what is done to bulk up from that side. I don't expect them to go after a Minor, but maybe a trade for a player like Tyler Anderson at the ML level?

F) Before the Rule V Protection Deadline - created a traffic light analysis of the 40 man roster at the time: Needing 4 roster spots - all 3/4 players removed were from the "RED" category with Shreve, Mitchell & Romine left. With possible additions of Ohtani &/or Sabathia - keep an eye for some additional transactions to free up space here or in the Yellow section (where Rumbelow was removed).

RED (easily replaceable either via DFA or trade)

1. Herrera - traded to Texas
    2. Mitchell
    3. Smith - traded to Miami
    4. Romine
    5. Cooper - traded to Miami
    6. Shreve

Yellow (prefer to keep, but will DFA if upgrade or would like to trade if partner can be found)

1. Gallegos
    2. Rumbelow - traded to Seattle
    3. Cave
    4. Higashioka
    5. Austin
    6. Holder
    7. Heller
    8. Cessa
    9. Ellsbury
    10. Headley
    11. Castro
    12. Warren
    13. German

NYYF Legend

The lack of LHRP is why I do not think Shreve is going anywhere.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    The lack of LHRP is why I do not think Shreve is going anywhere.
    I heard on MLB network that Justin Wilson was available, I'd be interested in him again... better than Shreve..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

There's no need to spend on a lefty reliever, our righties are mostly great against left-handed batters.

And Justin Wilson is available because he couldn't even make the Cubs postseason roster last year, even though they were in desperate need of relief help. No thank you.

There's no need to spend on a lefty reliever, our righties are mostly great against left-handed batters.

And Justin Wilson is available because he couldn't even make the Cubs postseason roster last year, even though they were in desperate need of relief help. No thank you.
    One of the most insufferable things I've ever read in this forum was the pining and whining about Wilson. And how Cashman let a great one get away for basically nothing.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo_T View Post
    One of the most insufferable things I've ever read in this forum was the pining and whining about Wilson. And how Cashman let a great one get away for basically nothing.
    That could describe the reaction to him coming as well as the reaction to him going ...

(Oddly, he has had reverse splits for 4 straight years now.)

40 man updated for the pending Stanton/Castro trade.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator View Post
    Originally Posted by groundhoggator

Here is the official 40 man roster (2017-2018 OFFSEASON) - UPDATED 12/12/17

Players on the closing 40 man roster at the end of the 2017 Season

Players added to 40 man roster this offseason

Active Roster = Bold - on 25 man roster (not active during offseason)

* = on 10 day DL
    + = on 60 day DL
    # - on 7 day DL (concussion)
    $ - suspended list

SLOTS Taken (39/40)

PITCHERS (19)

1. Albert Abreu
    2. Domingo Acevedo
    3. Dellin Betances
    4. Luis Cessa
    5. Aroldis Chapman
    6. Giovanny Gallegos
    7. Domingo German
    8. Sonny Gray
    9. Chad Green
    10. Ben Heller
    11. Jonathan Holder
    12. Tommy Kahnle
    13. Jonathan Loaisiga
    15. Jordan Montgomery
    16. David Robertson
    17. Luis Severino
    18. Chase Shreve
    19. Masashiro Tanaka
    20. Adam Warren

POSITIONAL PLAYERS (20)

CATCHERS (3)

21. Kyle Higashioka
    22. Austin Romine
    23. Gary Sanchez

INFIELDERS (8)

24. Miguel Andujar
    25. Tyler Austin
    26. Greg Bird
    27. Thairo Estrada
    28. Didi Gregorius
    30. Gleyber Torres
    31. Ronald Torreyes
    32. Tyler Wade

OUTFIELDERS (9)

33. Jabari Blash
    33. Jake Cave
    34. Jacoby Ellsbury
    35. Clint Frazier
    36. Brett Gardner
    37. Aaron Hicks
    38. Aaron Judge
    39. Billy McKinney
    40. Giancarlo Stanton
    -------------------------------

2017-2018 OFFSEASON TRANSACTION THREAD

11/2 -Post World Series - removal from 40 man as FA (Holiday, Sabathia, Frazier, Pineda, Garicia, & Kratz);
    11/3 - Cessa activated off 60 day DL and placed on 40 man roster; Tanaka waived his opt-out. 36/40 slots available
    11/6 - Nick Rumbelow & Jake Cave added to 40 man roster - 38/40 slots taken
    11/18 - TRADE - Rumbelow traded to Seattle for J.P. Sears & Juan Than - 37/40 slots taken
    11/20 - TRADE - Herrera traded to Texas for Reiver Sanmartin - 36/40 slots taken
    11/20 - TRADE - Smith & Cooper traded to Miami for Michael King & 250k Int'l $$ - 34/40 slots taken
    11/20 - Rule V protection adds - Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney, Jonathan Loaisiga, Albert Abreu, Domingo Acevedo & Thairo Estrada - 40/40 slots taken
    12/11 - TRADE - Castro, Jorge Guzman, & Jose Devers traded to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton & conditional 30MM $$ - 40/40 slots taken
    12/12 - TRADE Headley & Mitchell to San Diegoi for Jabari Blash - 39/40 slots taken
    In a salary cap move - Headley & Mitchell to SD Padres for Jabari Blash - 39/40 slots taken and 13MM freed up in salary cap space. Does the Toddfather come back?

Thread Information