+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1568

Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    You missed the joke. 30 dollars spread over 3 years. I will eat dirt if any team signs Nate to 1/5 of what you are suggesting.
    Me too.

Make the Yankees great again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    Wow! Some people really love Eovaldi here. It's not uncommon for players to struggle in their first year back from TJS; some never make it back at all. So, we're talking about getting nothing from Eovaldi in 2017 and a very uncertain season from him in 2018. So, why would any team sign him now to any kind of significant money?

It might make some sense to sign him if he were a star with a big up side. But he's still a project after his age 26 season, who was never able to establish the consistency hoped for. After all the enthusiasm about his progress in the 2nd half of 2015, he had a worse season in 2016 than he did the year before. His ERA in 2 seasons with the Yankees was 4.45. His future would be questionable even without TJS.

But here's the killer. It's his second TJS. The history of pitchers who have had TWO Tommie John Surgeries is dismal. It's often career ending. I don't know why the Yankees or any other team would invest one penny into this player. I see his future as playing in an independent ,eagle to get some creed before anyone would even consider him.

It's amazing that there are fans are hoping that Tanaka will opt out so the Yankees can get out of his contract, a player who has NEVER had TJS. But resign a pitcher after his SECOND bout with TJS? I want no part of him, and neither should the Yankees.

I agree. I thought the Evoldi trade was a worthwhile gamble on Cashman's part, but I was never a fan. When they acquired him I posted that I has seen him pitch a hand full of times and my observation was his fastball was as straight as an arrow and his secondary pitches were below average. Some argued that his poor results were due mainly to bad luck, but I never bought into that theory.

NYYF Legend

I find it interesting that the Yankees did not leave themselves a slot to pick a Rule V player. Maybe in the Minor League portion they will grab a couple. They did OK last year, picking, among others, Yelfrey Ramirez.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    I find it interesting that the Yankees did not leave themselves a slot to pick a Rule V player. Maybe in the Minor League portion they will grab a couple. They did OK last year, picking, among others, Yelfrey Ramirez.
    I think they were more interested in protecting as many assets of their own than taking someone who was unlikely to stick on the MLB roster all next year.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Lindgren: Non-tendered by Yankees, signed ML contract with Atlanta - 39/40 slots taken.

While there is one slot available for the rule V draft this week - I believe it's for the impending Chapman FA signing.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator View Post
    Lindgren: Non-tendered by Yankees, signed ML contract with Atlanta - 39/40 slots taken.

While there is one slot available for the rule V draft this week - I believe it's for the impending Chapman FA signing.
    I guess Matt Holiday comes first with the reported agreement of 1 year 13 million. So figure unless a trade takes place this week - more 40 man roster cuts will need to take place.

NYYF Legend

I guess Matt Holiday comes first with the reported agreement of 1 year 13 million. So figure unless a trade takes place this week - more 40 man roster cuts will need to take place.

The Chapman signing, if it happens, will come after a trade that relieves some of the 40 man roster crowd, IMO. 2 for 1 type deal, or a trade of someone for prospects.

NYYF Legend

It seems that the Yankees gave up too soon on Lindgren. After all, they did think highly of him enough to draft him in the 2nd round, he got injured, and he is still young enough to re-hab and come back.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    It seems that the Yankees gave up too soon on Lindgren. After all, they did think highly of him enough to draft him in the 2nd round, he got injured, and he is still young enough to re-hab and come back.

It's not that they gave up on him. Since he is not projected to pitch in 2017 (maybe very late in the year, if that), they did not want to hold a roster spot for him on the very tight 40 man right now. So they were probably trying to pull the same stunt they did with Heathcott, Campos, and before him, David Adams. Drop them off the 40, then re-sign to a minor league deal. Probably at a nice salary for the minor league deals.

But the Braves gave him a major League deal. There was no way he could refuse that. Yankees tried; plan didn't work.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    It's not that they gave up on him. Since he is not projected to pitch in 2017 (maybe very late in the year, if that), they did not want to hold a roster spot for him on the very tight 40 man right now. So they were probably trying to pull the same stunt they did with Heathcott, Campos, and before him, David Adams. Drop them off the 40, then re-sign to a minor league deal. Probably at a nice salary for the minor league deals.

But the Braves gave him a major League deal. There was no way he could refuse that. Yankees tried; plan didn't work.
    Great point which I totally ignored when I typed my original response. I guess I was just surprised seeing Lindgren gone after drafting him so high and with him being so young, I hate it that the Yankees while miss out on that potential success.

Originally Posted by groundhoggator

Here is the official 40 man roster (a/o 12/9/2016)

OFFSEASON EDITION

Players on 2016 closing 40 man roster

Active Roster = Bold - on 25 man roster

* = on 15 day DL
    + = on 60 day DL
    # - on 7 day DL (concussion)
    $ - suspended list

SLOTS Taken (41/40)

PITCHERS (23)

1. Dellin Betances
    2. Johnny Barbato
    3. Richard Bleier
    4. Luis Cessa
    5. Aroldis Chapman
    6. Tyler Clippard
    7.Dietrich Enns
    8 Giovanny Gallegos
    9. Domingo German
    10. Nick Goody
    11. Chad Green
    12.Ronald Herrera
    13. Ben Heller
    14. Jonathan Holder
    15. Tommy Layne
    16. Bryan Mitchell
    17. Michael Pineda
    18. Yelfrey Ramirez
    19. CC Sabathia
    20. Luis Severino
    21. Chase Shreve
    22. Masashiro Tanaka
    23. Adam Warren

POSITIONAL PLAYERS (18)

CATCHERS (3)

24. Kyle Higashioka
    25. Austin Romine
    26. Gary Sanchez

INFIELDERS (9)

27. Miguel Andujar
    28. Tyler Austin
    29. Greg Bird
    30. Starlin Castro
    31. Didi Gregorius
    32. Chase Headley
    33. Jorge Mateo
    34. Rob Refsnyder
    35. Ronald Torreyes

OUTFIELDERS (5)

36. Jacoby Ellsbury
    37. Brett Gardner
    38. Aaron Hicks
    39. Aaron Judge
    40. Mason Williams

DESIGNATED HITTER (1)

41. Matt Holiday

& = FA after end of world series

-------------------------------

2016 Transactions - OFFSEASON

10/5 - Yates & Parker claimed off waivers by Angels; Swarzak elected free agency 36/43 roster spots
    10/6 - Young,Jr. elected free agency 35/42 roster spots
    10/10 - Bird activated off 60 day DL; Solano elected free agency - 35/41 roster spots
    11/2 - Mullee claimed off waivers by Cubs - 35/40 roster spots
    11/3 - Teixeira & Butler Free Agents - 33/38 roster spots
    11/4 - Rumbelow, Green, Eovaldi, Ackley & Pinder activated off 60 day DL; Kyle Higoshioka & Domingo German added to 40 man roster - 40/40 roster slots taken
    11/5 - Joe Mantiply claimed off waivers from Tigers & Pinder DFA - 40/40 roster slots taken
    11/17 - McCann TRADED to Houston for Albert Abreu and Jorge Guzman - 39/40 roster slots taken
    11/18 - Pazos TRADED to Seattle for Zack Littell - 38/40 roster slots taken
    11/18 - Ackley released; Eovaldi, Rumbelow, Mantiply DFA; Miguel Andujar, Dietrich Enns, Jorge Mateo, Giovanny Gallegos, Ronald Herrera & Yelfrey Ramirez added to 40 man roster; Pinder cleared waivers, sent to AAA - 40/40 roster slots taken
    12/2 - Lindgren non-tendered by Yankees - signed by Braves; 39/40 roster spots taken
    12/7 - Holiday FA signed; Chapman agreed to terms
    Post Winter Meeting Roster - with Holiday signing and Chapman agreeing to terms

Officially noting Chapman is signed. To clear roster space, Nick Goody DFA.

roster stands at 40/40

been over a month since the last 40 man roster move (Chapman signing + Goody DFA & trade to Cleveland). will next move be a trade before spring training?

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

been over a month since the last 40 man roster move (Chapman signing + Goody DFA & trade to Cleveland). will next move be a trade before spring training?
    Yep - it sure has been a boring winter for the Yanks...I was hoping for a decent Starting Pitcher.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Yep - it sure has been a boring winter for the Yanks...I was hoping for a decent Starting Pitcher.
    The Yankees don't have any decent starting pitchers?

NYYF Legend

The Yankees don't have any decent starting pitchers?
    The Yankee rotation could be named Tanaka & The Questionmarks.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    The Yankee rotation could be named Tanaka & The Questionmarks.

Or with Tanaka himself being a ?, could be Question Mark and the Mysterians.

Or with Tanaka himself being a ?, could be Question Mark and the Mysterians.
    I'm gonna cry......cry, cry, cry...
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I'm gonna cry......cry, cry, cry...
    96 Torn UCLs?
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    96 Torn UCLs?
    Or "96 Tares" (phonetic spelling)

NYYF Legend

You know, that song is about some serious vengeance. Maybe not as dark as "Every Breath You Take" by the Police, but yeah, the dude's cooking up a scheme.
    Mr Coffee: "I definitely think people are overreacting to the Arpaio pardon."

NYYF Legend

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/roster/40-man/

Candidates for release, to make room on the 40-man for Chris Carter:

Johnny Barbato?
    Rob Refsnyder?

I'd give up Barbato first.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post

Johnny Barbato?
    Rob Refsnyder?

One of Bleier or Layne could go.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post

Johnny Barbato?
    Rob Refsnyder?

Probably lost cause but I will be watching the numbers between Torreyes and Refsynder in ST. Read somewhere here that Ref has been working out over the Winter, I think it was his power but his fielding could help too.

Refsnyder cannot back up SS. He is not a utility IFer and never will be. Even the second base and third base experiments failed. SS was never a possibility. If RR could show power, he might have a spot in some team's OF. But he is not competitive with Torreyes. Not sure why some fans have this strange attachment to RR.

Thread Information