+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 1633
  1. #76
    NYYF HOF

    jimmykey2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze
    402 obp this year
    384+ obp career
    Considering his rather high number of strikeouts, Gardner's on base numbers may be a function of not swinging at pitches instead of showing a great eye at the plate.
    For the love of GOD, please stop talking Hank.

  2. #77
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmykey2
    The front office should put Moeller on the DL (so not to lose him) and call Gardner up for 15 days and see whether he can play the position defensively. If so, maybe they could give him some ABs in place of Melky.
    Is he legitimatly injured?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  3. #78

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72
    Is he legitimatly injured?
    Farnsy is... it would be great to DL him and give either Robertson or Patterson a chance.

    as a side note - great outing by Farny - today's performance was outstanding for several reasons:

    a) created a save situation for Rivera with a day off tomorrow - ensuring Mo gets some work before the rest day.

    b) allowed Griffey to HR - if a run has to be allowed - no better outcome than a Jr HR - he's a complete class act

    c) while we don't want anyone injured - at least his injury is not career threatening and may allow the front office a free trial with Patterson or Robertson. Additionally it may solidify Veras' chance to lock down the 8th inning role.

  4. #79

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    [quote=groundhoggator]

    as a side note - great outing by Farny - today's performance was outstanding for several reasons:



    b) allowed Griffey to HR - if a run has to be allowed - no better outcome than a Jr HR - he's a complete class act

    Griffey is a class act?? Seems like just yesterday Griffey was whining that he would never play for the Yankees because Billy Martin didn't let him hang out in the clubhouse when he was a kid. Also - don't forget all of the immature sniping between Griffey and Showalter regarding Griffey wearing his hat backward while he took BP.

  5. #80

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    [quote=Pinstripe Pride23]
    Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator

    as a side note - great outing by Farny - today's performance was outstanding for several reasons:



    b) allowed Griffey to HR - if a run has to be allowed - no better outcome than a Jr HR - he's a complete class act

    Griffey is a class act?? Seems like just yesterday Griffey was whining that he would never play for the Yankees because Billy Martin didn't let him hang out in the clubhouse when he was a kid. Also - don't forget all of the immature sniping between Griffey and Showalter regarding Griffey wearing his hat backward while he took BP.
    Ok... so you had to go through 20 yrs of comments and actions to find 2 questionable acts that still doesn't determine a lack of class. (I can see Girardi banning kids in the clubhouse and everyone got along with Buck... PLEASE)

    I can tell you living in the Orlando area, Jr is the consummate professional. The examples cited does nothing to dissuade his great service to the game. There are countless acts of selflessness and he displays a genuine joy playing the game... wish more players on the current Yankees would display the same passion.

  6. #81

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    [quote=groundhoggator]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe Pride23

    Ok... so you had to go through 20 yrs of comments and actions to find 2 questionable acts that still doesn't determine a lack of class. (I can see Girardi banning kids in the clubhouse and everyone got along with Buck... PLEASE)

    I can tell you living in the Orlando area, Jr is the consummate professional. The examples cited does nothing to dissuade his great service to the game. There are countless acts of selflessness and he displays a genuine joy playing the game... wish more players on the current Yankees would display the same passion.
    I've never been a Griffey fan. Mostly in large part due to his attitude towards the Yankees in past years. Griffey once said that the best part of Yankee Stadium is leaving. So sue me for being a Yankee fan and taking his consistently negative comments about the organization to heart.

  7. #82
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Ynkcpt23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.C.

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    [quote=Pinstripe Pride23]
    Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator

    I've never been a Griffey fan. Mostly in large part due to his attitude towards the Yankees in past years. Griffey once said that the best part of Yankee Stadium is leaving. So sue me for being a Yankee fan and taking his consistently negative comments about the organization to heart.
    Is Griffey on our 40 man roster now???

  8. #83

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    [quote=Ynkcpt23]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe Pride23

    Is Griffey on our 40 man roster now???
    Ummm...no.

  9. #84

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator
    at least his injury is not career threatening and may allow the front office a free trial with Patterson or Robertson. Additionally it may solidify Veras' chance to lock down the 8th inning role.
    Post thinks Robertson might get the call up. Hope he does to see what he can do.

    http://www.nypost.com/seven/06242008...hil_116865.htm

  10. #85
    werkt fir mee Huktonfonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Griffey has always been arrogant and disrespectful to the game of baseball as a whole. From his whining about the Yankees to his refusal to wear his uniform properly (backwards cap, untucked jersey) to his belief that he was too good and didn't have to work out in the offseason, he has always pissed me off.

    In a lot of ways, I'm glad that he's been so humbled in the second half of his career. He could have been the best ever if he'd taken better care of his body. For all that he's done, his career is largely a disapppointment, and that can be blamed directly on his lack of offseason conditioning. I hope he knows that it's his own fault that it's Bonds in the record books instead of him.

    Back on topic: who's taking White's spot? We have 39 on the roster now, correct?
    42 is the answer

    Gets to see even more of AJ Burnett now!

  11. #86
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Ynkcpt23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.C.

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    [quote=Pinstripe Pride23]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynkcpt23

    Ummm...no.
    Thought I misread the thread title. Sorry.

  12. #87

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    [quote=Ynkcpt23]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe Pride23

    Thought I misread the thread title. Sorry.
    No - you had the title right.

  13. #88
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Ynkcpt23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.C.

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    [quote=Pinstripe Pride23]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynkcpt23

    No - you had the title right.
    Good, then we can get off of Griffey and start discussing the folks that are on the 40 man roster? Sure would love to see that Gardner come up for a trial...

  14. #89

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    [quote=Ynkcpt23]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe Pride23

    Good, then we can get off of Griffey and start discussing the folks that are on the 40 man roster? Sure would love to see that Gardner come up for a trial...
    Are you asking permission? If so - consider it granted.

  15. #90
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Huktonfonix
    Back on topic: who's taking White's spot? We have 39 on the roster now, correct?
    I'd be shocked if wasn't Sir Sidney who is all but assured of starting one of the two games v Mets and is not on the 40-man at this time.

    Though if Robertson is indeed called to the Bronx before Firday (see Farnsworth note above or in link) then it will be him and the Yanks will need to make another roster move (DFA Traber?) to make a spot for Ponson.

  16. #91
    Junior Birdman YASS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Up in the air

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper
    I'd be shocked if wasn't Sir Sidney who is all but assured of starting one of the two games v Mets and is not on the 40-man at this time.

    Though if Robertson is indeed called to the Bronx before Firday (see Farnsworth note above or in link) then it will be him and the Yanks will need to make another roster move (DFA Traber?) to make a spot for Ponson.
    The Yankees can always choose to postpone any DFAs by putting Wang or Cervelli on the 60-day DL.

    All of the moves to the 60-day DL could bite them at the end of the season, though, when everyone on that long-term DL has to come off. There could be some valuable players exposed to waivers at that time if Cash isn't very careful.
    Watch this space for a pithy new signature, now under construction!

  17. #92
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Ynkcpt23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.C.

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper
    I'd be shocked if wasn't Sir Sidney who is all but assured of starting one of the two games v Mets and is not on the 40-man at this time.

    Though if Robertson is indeed called to the Bronx before Firday (see Farnsworth note above or in link) then it will be him and the Yanks will need to make another roster move (DFA Traber?) to make a spot for Ponson.
    The thought makes me so happy--maybe Farnsworth too?

  18. #93

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by YASS
    The Yankees can always choose to postpone any DFAs by putting Wang or Cervelli on the 60-day DL.

    All of the moves to the 60-day DL could bite them at the end of the season, though, when everyone on that long-term DL has to come off. There could be some valuable players exposed to waivers at that time if Cash isn't very careful.
    I think Cervelli is off the DL actually.

  19. #94
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by 27IsNext
    I think Cervelli is off the DL actually.
    Yeah he started a rehab with Tampa last week but then missed 4 games in a row, not sure why I don't follow the minors that closely, maybe he was moved to another level and I missed it or he has some soreness after 3 games and they shut him back down.

    To answer Yass - Wang could be put on the 60 day but I think that might be a last resort as they would probably hold out for the incredibily slim chance that he is ready before 60 days.

  20. #95
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by YASS
    All of the moves to the 60-day DL could bite them at the end of the season, though, when everyone on that long-term DL has to come off. There could be some valuable players exposed to waivers at that time if Cash isn't very careful.
    Not really they have 5 or 6 players who will be FA at the end of the year who will come of the 40-man and have several players on the 40-man who are fairly easy to expose to waivers.

  21. #96
    Junior Birdman YASS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Up in the air

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by 27IsNext
    I think Cervelli is off the DL actually.
    Ah, thanks. I completely missed that.
    Watch this space for a pithy new signature, now under construction!

  22. #97
    NYYF Legend

    parkerstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    CT

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by YASS
    The Yankees can always choose to postpone any DFAs by putting Wang or Cervelli on the 60-day DL.

    All of the moves to the 60-day DL could bite them at the end of the season, though, when everyone on that long-term DL has to come off. There could be some valuable players exposed to waivers at that time if Cash isn't very careful.
    We also won't have Hawkins, Farnsworth, etc. on the 40 man roster at the end of the season.
    Hoping Rivera can pitch forever!

  23. #98
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    The Little Apple, Kansas

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator
    I can tell you living in the Orlando area, Jr is the consummate professional. The examples cited does nothing to dissuade his great service to the game. There are countless acts of selflessness and he displays a genuine joy playing the game... wish more players on the current Yankees would display the same passion.
    While I was living in Seattle, I knew 3 people (including one who worked in the Mariner FO) who had regular interaction with Junior. Based on what they told me, all three would adamantly agree with Pinstripe Pride23 and Huktonfonix rather than you. On a Yankee note, all three also had interaction with the 19-year-old ARod and all three really liked him.

  24. #99

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    christian called up... traber sent to AAA... 40/40 slots taken.

  25. #100
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper
    Yeah he started a rehab with Tampa last week but then missed 4 games in a row, not sure why I don't follow the minors that closely, maybe he was moved to another level and I missed it or he has some soreness after 3 games and they shut him back down.
    How is it considered a rehab assignment if he's with the club that he last played for before he got hurt?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts