+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 ... LastLast
    NYYF HOF

Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze
    402 obp this year
    384+ obp career
    Considering his rather high number of strikeouts, Gardner's on base numbers may be a function of not swinging at pitches instead of showing a great eye at the plate.
    For the love of GOD, please stop talking Hank.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jimmykey2
    The front office should put Moeller on the DL (so not to lose him) and call Gardner up for 15 days and see whether he can play the position defensively. If so, maybe they could give him some ABs in place of Melky.
    Is he legitimatly injured?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72
    Is he legitimatly injured?
    Farnsy is... it would be great to DL him and give either Robertson or Patterson a chance.

as a side note - great outing by Farny - today's performance was outstanding for several reasons:

a) created a save situation for Rivera with a day off tomorrow - ensuring Mo gets some work before the rest day.

b) allowed Griffey to HR - if a run has to be allowed - no better outcome than a Jr HR - he's a complete class act

c) while we don't want anyone injured - at least his injury is not career threatening and may allow the front office a free trial with Patterson or Robertson. Additionally it may solidify Veras' chance to lock down the 8th inning role.

[quote=groundhoggator]

as a side note - great outing by Farny - today's performance was outstanding for several reasons:

b) allowed Griffey to HR - if a run has to be allowed - no better outcome than a Jr HR - he's a complete class act

Griffey is a class act?? Seems like just yesterday Griffey was whining that he would never play for the Yankees because Billy Martin didn't let him hang out in the clubhouse when he was a kid. Also - don't forget all of the immature sniping between Griffey and Showalter regarding Griffey wearing his hat backward while he took BP.

[quote=Pinstripe Pride23]
    Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator

Griffey is a class act?? Seems like just yesterday Griffey was whining that he would never play for the Yankees because Billy Martin didn't let him hang out in the clubhouse when he was a kid. Also - don't forget all of the immature sniping between Griffey and Showalter regarding Griffey wearing his hat backward while he took BP.
    Ok... so you had to go through 20 yrs of comments and actions to find 2 questionable acts that still doesn't determine a lack of class. (I can see Girardi banning kids in the clubhouse and everyone got along with Buck... PLEASE)

I can tell you living in the Orlando area, Jr is the consummate professional. The examples cited does nothing to dissuade his great service to the game. There are countless acts of selflessness and he displays a genuine joy playing the game... wish more players on the current Yankees would display the same passion.

[quote=groundhoggator]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe Pride23

Ok... so you had to go through 20 yrs of comments and actions to find 2 questionable acts that still doesn't determine a lack of class. (I can see Girardi banning kids in the clubhouse and everyone got along with Buck... PLEASE)

I can tell you living in the Orlando area, Jr is the consummate professional. The examples cited does nothing to dissuade his great service to the game. There are countless acts of selflessness and he displays a genuine joy playing the game... wish more players on the current Yankees would display the same passion.
    I've never been a Griffey fan. Mostly in large part due to his attitude towards the Yankees in past years. Griffey once said that the best part of Yankee Stadium is leaving. So sue me for being a Yankee fan and taking his consistently negative comments about the organization to heart.

NYYF Triple Crown

I've never been a Griffey fan. Mostly in large part due to his attitude towards the Yankees in past years. Griffey once said that the best part of Yankee Stadium is leaving. So sue me for being a Yankee fan and taking his consistently negative comments about the organization to heart.
    Is Griffey on our 40 man roster now???

[quote=Ynkcpt23]

Is Griffey on our 40 man roster now???
    Ummm...no.

at least his injury is not career threatening and may allow the front office a free trial with Patterson or Robertson. Additionally it may solidify Veras' chance to lock down the 8th inning role.
    Post thinks Robertson might get the call up. Hope he does to see what he can do.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06242008...hil_116865.htm

Griffey has always been arrogant and disrespectful to the game of baseball as a whole. From his whining about the Yankees to his refusal to wear his uniform properly (backwards cap, untucked jersey) to his belief that he was too good and didn't have to work out in the offseason, he has always pissed me off.

In a lot of ways, I'm glad that he's been so humbled in the second half of his career. He could have been the best ever if he'd taken better care of his body. For all that he's done, his career is largely a disapppointment, and that can be blamed directly on his lack of offseason conditioning. I hope he knows that it's his own fault that it's Bonds in the record books instead of him.

Back on topic: who's taking White's spot? We have 39 on the roster now, correct?
    42 is the answer

Gets to see even more of AJ Burnett now!

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Ynkcpt23

Ummm...no.
    Thought I misread the thread title. Sorry.

[quote=Ynkcpt23]

Thought I misread the thread title. Sorry.
    No - you had the title right.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Ynkcpt23

No - you had the title right.
    Good, then we can get off of Griffey and start discussing the folks that are on the 40 man roster? Sure would love to see that Gardner come up for a trial...

[quote=Ynkcpt23]

Good, then we can get off of Griffey and start discussing the folks that are on the 40 man roster? Sure would love to see that Gardner come up for a trial...
    Are you asking permission? If so - consider it granted.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Huktonfonix
    Back on topic: who's taking White's spot? We have 39 on the roster now, correct?
    I'd be shocked if wasn't Sir Sidney who is all but assured of starting one of the two games v Mets and is not on the 40-man at this time.

Though if Robertson is indeed called to the Bronx before Firday (see Farnsworth note above or in link) then it will be him and the Yanks will need to make another roster move (DFA Traber?) to make a spot for Ponson.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper
    I'd be shocked if wasn't Sir Sidney who is all but assured of starting one of the two games v Mets and is not on the 40-man at this time.

Though if Robertson is indeed called to the Bronx before Firday (see Farnsworth note above or in link) then it will be him and the Yanks will need to make another roster move (DFA Traber?) to make a spot for Ponson.
    The Yankees can always choose to postpone any DFAs by putting Wang or Cervelli on the 60-day DL.

All of the moves to the 60-day DL could bite them at the end of the season, though, when everyone on that long-term DL has to come off. There could be some valuable players exposed to waivers at that time if Cash isn't very careful.
    Watch this space for a pithy new signature, now under construction!

NYYF Triple Crown

The thought makes me so happy--maybe Farnsworth too?

Quote Originally Posted by YASS
    The Yankees can always choose to postpone any DFAs by putting Wang or Cervelli on the 60-day DL.

All of the moves to the 60-day DL could bite them at the end of the season, though, when everyone on that long-term DL has to come off. There could be some valuable players exposed to waivers at that time if Cash isn't very careful.
    I think Cervelli is off the DL actually.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 27IsNext
    Yeah he started a rehab with Tampa last week but then missed 4 games in a row, not sure why I don't follow the minors that closely, maybe he was moved to another level and I missed it or he has some soreness after 3 games and they shut him back down.

To answer Yass - Wang could be put on the 60 day but I think that might be a last resort as they would probably hold out for the incredibily slim chance that he is ready before 60 days.

NYYF Legend

Not really they have 5 or 6 players who will be FA at the end of the year who will come of the 40-man and have several players on the 40-man who are fairly easy to expose to waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by 27IsNext
    Ah, thanks. I completely missed that.
    Watch this space for a pithy new signature, now under construction!

NYYF Legend

We also won't have Hawkins, Farnsworth, etc. on the 40 man roster at the end of the season.
    Hoping Rivera can pitch forever!

NYYF Triple Crown

While I was living in Seattle, I knew 3 people (including one who worked in the Mariner FO) who had regular interaction with Junior. Based on what they told me, all three would adamantly agree with Pinstripe Pride23 and Huktonfonix rather than you. On a Yankee note, all three also had interaction with the 19-year-old ARod and all three really liked him.

christian called up... traber sent to AAA... 40/40 slots taken.

NYYF Legend

Yeah he started a rehab with Tampa last week but then missed 4 games in a row, not sure why I don't follow the minors that closely, maybe he was moved to another level and I missed it or he has some soreness after 3 games and they shut him back down.
    How is it considered a rehab assignment if he's with the club that he last played for before he got hurt?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Thread Information