+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 ... LastLast
    Released Outright

Re: Official 40 Man Roster Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    Cervelli is not ready, if Posada gets hurt again after Moeller is DFAed, we have no one with Major League experience to pair with Molina. Call it being extra cautious, which is very warranted in this case.

I want to know why Cervelli is not on the 60 day at this time.
    He can be moved there easy enough if they need the roster spot.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees47
    Stewart is nto a Major leauge worthy catcher, he cant hit and sucks defensively. Did you see him in that game catching Phil Hughes?? He didnt know the signs and constantly got crossed up with Hughes. The Yanks have already said they will carry Moeller, Molina and Posada once Jorge returns. I would rather have John Stewart catch than chris Stewart
    Great, but it misses the point. Should we DFA Moeller, and he is claimed, we would have no catcher with major league experience on the roster other than Molina.

Quote Originally Posted by mgpenguin
    Great, but it misses the point. Should we DFA Moeller, and he is claimed, we would have no catcher with major league experience on the roster other than Molina.
    But you dont see my point, Moeller is not goign to be DFA at least until they know that Posada is 100 percent healthy. I know so because Joe Girardi says so. Jose Molina is your backup for Posada and you go from there. Chris Stewart can be DFA and no one in the world is going to claim him off waivers, he can still be our AAA catcher but just off the 40 man. God forbid another injury comes up, we purchase his contract again as we have done with Rasner and Chad Moeller in the past

Giese added to 40 man and active roster... Patterson sent down.

It'll be interesting to see who is sent down when Posada comes off

a) Britton sent down
    b) Duncan sent down
    c) Hawkins DFA

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator

a) Britton sent down
    b) Duncan sent down
    c) Hawkins DFA
    ...Huh? When did Patterson get sent down?

NYYF Legend

For real or speculation?

a) Britton sent down
    b) Duncan sent down
    c) Hawkins DFA
    I think Ducan is sent down. They said they want to keep 3 catchers while they make sure Jorge's arm is sound which will take 7 to 10 days to determine. In the mean time, Jorge could act as a back up 1B and PH on days he does not catch. Shelly could ealisy be recalled 10 days later when the decide Moeller is no longer needed if Jorge is OK.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesyhoboe
    ...Huh? When did Patterson get sent down?
    UPDATE, 6:07 p.m.: Thanks for the memories, Scott Patterson. He was optioned out to make room for Giese.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

NYYF Legend

so does that mean britton actually might get a chance to pitch in an actual game? I'd like to see him get a decent shot even if he falls on his face. I know a lot of people say he doesn't have good stuff and I know all the fat/buffet jokes I've made a few myself but it seems like he's gotten results when called upon if he continues to get results in an expanded role then it would seem one of our BP question marks has been answered and if he flops we really aren't that much worse off than before the experiment.

Posada activated from DL, Giese shipped to Scranton - cited by Pete Abraham Lohud.com and Chad Jennings from Scranton.

Still at 40/40 slots taken.

NYYF Legend

Don't we need Giese again in 4 days?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72
    yes, yes we do.

So is there gonna be a problem fitting both Melancon and Cox on the 40 man if we don't DFA Hawk/Krazy Kyle
    [center][URL="http://defineconsistent.com"][IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/duck.foyle/SEdKxoYQv3I/AAAAAAAAACQ/K5pwY4kSepY/dflogo-small.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://www.defineconsistent.com"][IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/duck.foyle/SEdJ4ciKJlI/AAAAAAAAACI/goTYIQEEe8A/dflogo-small.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.defineconsistent.com"] Daily Fantasy Advice! Free![/URL]
    [/center]

I'm sure someone (Hawkins?) will pull a hammy to land on the DL and Patterson/Giese gets called.

NYYF Triple Crown

I'm sure someone (Hawkins?) will pull a hammy to land on the DL and Patterson/Giese gets called.
    Steven White and Chase Wright are also on the 40-man.

Quote Originally Posted by mgpenguin
    Steven White and Chase Wright are also on the 40-man.
    Indeed they are but Wright is in AA and on the DL and White is getting hammered as a reliever in AAA.

Patterson and Giese both are ahead of Wright and White and to be honest I would move both Cox and Robertson onto the 40 man to pitch in the bigs ahead of Wright and White. White is really struggling in his transition to a reliever and Wright you know what you have and what you have is not that good

Patterson and Giese both are ahead of Wright and White and to be honest I would move both Cox and Robertson onto the 40 man to pitch in the bigs ahead of Wright and White. White is really struggling in his transition to a reliever and Wright you know what you have and what you have is not that good
    He didn't mean to callup Wright or White he mentioned them as possibilities for people we could cut from the 40-man to get Cox and/or Robertson.

My guess is that when the time comes that we no longer need 3 catchers. We will DFA Moeller. If he gets through waivers we will then cut Chris Stewart from the 40-man and replace him in AAA with Moeller.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714
    He didn't mean to callup Wright or White he mentioned them as possibilities for people we could cut from the 40-man to get Cox and/or Robertson.

My guess is that when the time comes that we no longer need 3 catchers. We will DFA Moeller. If he gets through waivers we will then cut Chris Stewart from the 40-man and replace him in AAA with Moeller.
    I see, I think Chris Stewart should be the first man off the 40 man roster, followed by Kei Igawa. No one will pick up Kei Igawa with his bloaded salary and his constant whining and bitching about missing Japan.

NYYF Legend

I see, I think Chris Stewart should be the first man off the 40 man roster, followed by Kei Igawa. No one will pick up Kei Igawa with his bloaded salary and his constant whining and bitching about missing Japan.
    Is it possible to sell him back to his old club for some of that posting fee?

Giese added to Active Roster, Britton coughed and landed on the DL... you'd thought it would've been Farny to the DL w/ mental cramps

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

Is it possible to sell him back to his old club for some of that posting fee?
    His team were doing Saki Bombs after that posting fee.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by CallOfTheCrow
    His team were doing Saki Bombs after that posting fee.
    How many sake bombs does that much $$$ buy?!

I'm catching a secondary buzz even from this distance....

Was Ben Broussard signed last week?

NYYF Legend

Yes, to SWB but he's not on the 40 man roster.

Thanks.

Ben Broussard released from AAA and Ensberg cleared waivers and was released. 25 man Active roster and 40 man roster were unaffected by both moves.

Next move seems to be likely before the Houston series where they are likely to DFA Moeller for Christian... we'll have to see if it comes to fruition.

Thread Information